Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Jayo, that is a brilliant spot. Very very good find, thanks for posting.

I recall that exact car for sale about 12 or 18 months ago - 30odd thousand miles and one previous owner. I may have pictures of it from a local show around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayo, that is a brilliant spot. Very very good find, thanks for posting.

I recall that exact car for sale about 12 or 18 months ago - 30odd thousand miles and one previous owner. I may have pictures of it from a local show around here

Ha thanks Duke I was actually more impressed with the charade in front of it in fairness but couldn't get a shot of it they are so rare to see on roads now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Mitsubishi Mirage. Used to love these!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A Charade in Arva today. It belongs to a pensioner and probably averages ten miles a week.
    Don't know if I posted the Golf before or not.

oQ4Ix5R.jpg

3ke6ydy.jpg

Missed a Peugeot 206 van, I know there are some Francophiles out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

84 Orion in good nick in Castlebar today.
    I used to own one of these

• Advertisement

This little Starlet this evening in Clontarf, driven by an older gent. Nice and original, just the way I like them!!

Starlet_zpswsnb0uiy.png

Day = made!

I've been meaning to snap this for ages now. It's a local car, and to say it is like new is nearly an understatement! A guy drove off in it a few minutes later, shopping in hand, and it sounded great.

DSC_1211_zpswgg1iocp.jpg

DSC_1212_zps9xwniubb.jpg

DSC_1213_zpsuq7oxklc.jpg

DSC_1214_zpsbduelrhl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Ryath

1974 BMW 2002 Seemed to be a daily driver as well. There's an lovely Alfasud I've seen a couple of times around town that I must get a picture of. That seems more of a Sunday driver/ show car.

383533.jpg

That beemer tho i love it... They go forever

Indeed. Love the Bmw and the old reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

^ great pics of the Golf 1 & 2002!

Merc 190 on the N11 Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I spotted this one the other day after the driver decided to pull into the parking area of my work place to use his phone....ironically we are in an industrial estate with no public traffic...just delivery trucks..

I was told after it was a 1969 Rover 3500

**Sorry for the bad pic, I had to be quick in taking it**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Ryath wrote: »
    1974 BMW 2002 Seemed to be a daily driver as well. There's an lovely Alfasud I've seen a couple of times around town that I must get a picture of. That seems more of a Sunday driver/ show car.

Very nice! I saw a green BMW 2002 Touring a year ago in Blanchardstown. Unfortunately no pictures but I never even knew they had a Touring version :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Danny_B wrote: »
    I spotted this one the other day after the driver decided to pull into the parking area of my work place to use his phone....ironically we are in an industrial estate with no public traffic...just delivery trucks..

Rover TC nice to see its the three and a half litre V8 (if it's still in there) a lot of them were 2 litre which wasn't half as sweet to drive. Any of them were nicer to drive than my housemates fathers one they had in the 80's which had a Nissan laurel diesel conversion....talk about noisy!!!

image-d9619dd91501bd555636fb5856594344653a8fddc4f45d8a77edc2535d0d4bd3-V_zpss6xm9msr.jpg

image-2f9ec183bbfb2f77b4966a9db9b69667df358a93d532080f5d5fc6cbe865ed78-V_zpsoxgwuxqx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Danny_B wrote: »

I posted that one on thread a couple of months back. I saw it in Carrick on Shannon. The owner must live in the Leitrim/Longford area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I see this one regularly at my local supervalu.

f1zksj.jpg

Oh my hokey that 5 series is the dogs nuts I love it.

Ps I love old beemers incase ye haven't realised ha.

Another from today - nothing too special but I don't see many Astra Fs around thesedays.

image-e1aa37ec8162561655a81bace96b0b17d17602b56cd3de94cd64754c5f94aae3-V_zpslir1wrxd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I posted that one on thread a couple of months back. I saw it in Carrick on Shannon. The owner must live in the Leitrim/Longford area.

Must be, he was a salesman that was in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I saw a 1971 VW Beetle in Ennis yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Another from today - nothing too special but I don't see many Astra Fs around thesedays.

image-e1aa37ec8162561655a81bace96b0b17d17602b56cd3de94cd64754c5f94aae3-V_zpslir1wrxd.jpg

You got your bonnet sorted:D

jca wrote: »
    You got your bonnet sorted:D

Haha, is it that noticeable? :D

I did indeed, a few weeks ago; I'm just gutted I didn't get the full car done! Flawless finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

9E7LdzL.jpg

On the M1 yesterday.

Nice looking Jap Civic in Clarehall.

Civic_zpsl05xhxr6.png

Nice looking Jap Civic in Clarehall.

Civic_zpsl05xhxr6.png

And the top of the door aint bent out that is a rare find ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    And the top of the door aint bent out that is a rare find ;)

A car thief's dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In Poland just last week. A bit of a mecca for older cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Zcott wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/9E7LdzL.jpg

On the M1 yesterday.

She aint no cosworth but still nice to see a sierra out and not being ragged around a cone :D

• Advertisement

Clarehall again. Chalk n' cheese, funnily enough there are two Range Rovers that frequent here. This and an RZH reg, same colour. I don't know if it can be made out in the picture but there are TOYOTA STARLET decals on the bottom of the Starlet's door!

DSC_1240_zpsmfg2bnrx.jpg

DSC_1238_zps15xpjug3.jpg

DSC_1237_zpsee8enazw.jpg

Advertisement