Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Kona EV pre orders open

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

obriendj wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I picked up my Kona EV last week and loving it so far.

Its a great upgrade from my old Mazda but I cant fault it.

I was wondering if anyone would recommend a 3-pin to type-2 plug / adapter. I half expected to get one with the car but never thought of it until i took out my cable.

One thing that did throw me was turning off cruise control. I had set the Regen to 3 and when I disengaged the Cruise using the sterling control, the brakes kicked in immediately and i felt a wobble. So would recommend setting the Regen to 1 or off when using cruise.

Something to get used to i suppose.

You should have received 2 cables supplied by your dealer with your new Kona Electric. I had asked before I picked mine up & was told the 2 cables would come with it. (Which they did).

If you look at this Kildare Dealers Video about the Kona, you'll see it comes with the 2 cable types: (Its 3 mins 40 secs into the video)

1 Cable is the 3 Pin 'Granny Cable' that you can just use to connect your Kona Electric to a standard household 3 pin socket in order to charge. (That should be located in the lowest section of the boot - comes in a nice black slim holdall type bag with handle).

1 cable is the heavy duty type 2 cable that you use to connect with a dedicated EV charger (either at your home if its not teethered) or a public one. Comes in a round Hyundai Bag in the main boot section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

Hi,

A question for new Kona owners about the Vehicle Registration Cert (log book). On mine, entry P.2 Engine Max. Net Power (kw) has an entry of 150KW.
    This is causing issues with my insurance company who think the car has a 150KW battery and are saying my premium has gone up another €150!
    Does anyone else have a different value for this, and do you know what it actually relates to? I'm pretty sure it's not the battery because my ICE car has a P.2 value of 100KW. I think it's just teething problems as they probably aren't used to insuring electric cars, but I don't want to pay €150 unncessarily. No documentation I have actually says 64KW anywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

spakman wrote: »
    Hi,

A question for new Kona owners about the Vehicle Registration Cert (log book). On mine, entry P.2 Engine Max. Net Power (kw) has an entry of 150KW.
    This is causing issues with my insurance company who think the car has a 150KW battery and are saying my premium has gone up another €150!
    Does anyone else have a different value for this, and do you know what it actually relates to? I'm pretty sure it's not the battery because my ICE car has a P.2 value of 100KW. I think it's just teething problems as they probably aren't used to insuring electric cars, but I don't want to pay €150 unncessarily. No documentation I have actually says 64KW anywhere :(

Thats the power of the motor, not battery capacity.
    In petrol/diesel engine terms its the horsepower of the car...HP, BHP are the other terms you'll see used.

The insurance company could decide to increase your premium when the motor power is higher as it basically means the car is faster. If your last car was 100kW and the Kona is 150kW then they might see that as a reason to increase your premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hi,

150kW motor
    64kWh battery

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would recommend a 3-pin to type-2 plug / adapter. I half expected to get one with the car but never thought of it until i took out my cable.

One thing that did throw me was turning off cruise control. I had set the Regen to 3 and when I disengaged the Cruise using the sterling control, the brakes kicked in immediately and i felt a wobble. So would recommend setting the Regen to 1 or off when using cruise.

Something to get used to i suppose.

Yeah you should have got 2 cables, the granny/trickle charge cable, and the public/private chargepoint cable.
    Mine only had the granny cable when I collected it, dealer said they were missing a batch of the other ones, but they had it for me in a few days.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    150kW motor
    64kWh battery

Ok thanks, I probably owe them the €150 so! I'll try to talk them out of that though :P

150kW motor
    64kWh battery
    KCross wrote: »
    Thats the power of the motor, not battery capacity.
    In petrol/diesel engine terms its the horsepower of the car...HP, BHP are the other terms you'll see used.

The insurance company could decide to increase your premium when the motor power is higher as it basically means the car is faster. If your last car was 100kW and the Kona is 150kW then they might see that as a reason to increase your premium.

Well it's a new policy (company car). They asked at the time I took out policy if it was the 39KW or 64KW Kona.
    I told them it was the 64KW (can't buy a 39KW in Ireland anyway!), and now they're saying the premium is higher because log book says it's 150KW. So it sounds like they're mixing up the motor and battery size?

Well it's a new policy (company car). They asked at the time I took out policy if it was the 39KW or 64KW Kona.
    I told them it was the 64KW (can't buy a 39KW in Ireland anyway!), and now they're saying the premium is higher because log book says it's 150KW. So it sounds like they're mixing up the motor and battery size?

There is no 39 or 64kW kona.
    They all come with 150kW motors in Ireland.

39kWh or 64kWh are the battery sizes. kW and kWh are linked but different units of measurement and should not be interchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi everyone,

This might sound stupid but just in case you didn't know there is a neat compartment for the granny cable case underneath the boot floor, maybe it is tucked away in there.

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    guys who had EVs for a while might answer this better for future to be Kona EV and Niro EV owners:

since there is regenerative power utilised using paddle shifters that can slow down car to near full stop what would be the use of normal break pedal? and since break pedal is rarely used would there not be any chance of seizing breaking mechanisms?

I was wondering this myself, if you are driving in ECO mode with a regen level of 2 you are not going to need to use the paddles really because as far as I can tell braking is doing much the same thing.

I have noticed that holding down the paddle to kick in the regen is much slower to react than braking the car (there's a delay of 1-2 seconds at least), so if you need to brake relatively quickly you won't be using the paddles for that.

So really the regen from the paddle control is most useful for slowing down in comfort or sport mode, whilst already driving with a low regen level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    guys who had EVs for a while might answer this better for future to be Kona EV and Niro EV owners:

since there is regenerative power utilised using paddle shifters that can slow down car to near full stop what would be the use of normal break pedal? and since break pedal is rarely used would there not be any chance of seizing breaking mechanisms?

For Hyundai EVs the brake pedal also activates the regen braking. It's a question of comfort for the driver.

The choice of the 4 regen levels only affect the amount of braking force when lifting the foot off the accelerator. i.e. lvl 0 will result in coasting, lvl 3 will result in lots of braking and the brake light will come on.

Personally I prefer to always use lvl 0 and use the brake pedal to control the slowing of my car. I will switch to lvl3 for longer bursts of deceleration such as exiting a motorway. Other people prefer to permanently use lvl3 as they like the one pedal driving experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

liamog wrote: »
    For Hyundai EVs the brake pedal also activates the regen braking. It's a question of comfort for the driver.

The choice of the 4 regen levels only affect the amount of braking force when lifting the foot off the accelerator. i.e. lvl 0 will result in coasting, lvl 3 will result in lots of braking and the brake light will come on.

Personally I prefer to always use lvl 0 and use the brake pedal to control the slowing of my car. I will switch to lvl3 for longer bursts of deceleration such as exiting a motorway. Other people prefer to permanently use lvl3 as they like the one pedal driving experience.

Never realised that the Hyundai uses Regen when depressing the brake pedal.

Is that unique to Hyundai?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Never realised that the Hyundai uses Regen when depressing the brake pedal.

Is that unique to Hyundai?

I can confirm that VW do it as well.

My understanding was that all manufacturers except Tesla use an element of blended braking, i.e. the first x percent of the brake pedel is regen when available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes Dan that's where it's stored. Lift the boot floor take out the top tray and its in the lower tray.
    Also the top tray serves little purpose, as per video earlier in this thread, take it out and slide the boot floor on a lower shelf, like in an oven or grill of a cooker.

Question before I look like a dope in front of the dealer: My Kona only has one rear red fog light, is that right? I can see the other side is not red (or lit), so either it's like that on purpose, or mine has been ... replaced or something :confused:

Haven't got ours yet, check the book.
    Backing light may be on the other side, one of each?

Question before I look like a dope in front of the dealer: My Kona only has one rear red fog light, is that right? I can see the other side is not red (or lit), so either it's like that on purpose, or mine has been ... replaced or something :confused:

See pages 7-67 or 7-69 of the manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ihxd47urrlthtld/AAAN6SRvdzoKf1LQhN8u1SHaa?dl=0&preview=KONA%2520EV.pdf

Fog lamp (just one) rear left side looking at the car from behind etc...

Yeah I saw that thanks, those pages in the manual are what made me assume something was off actually :D They only show us one side of the car deliberately because the stop / tail / indicator lights are obviously mirrored so I was assuming the fog should be too. I guess one fog light is not strange even though it seems strange to me :pac:

Yeah I saw that thanks, those pages in the manual are what made me assume something was off actually :D They only show us one side of the car deliberately because the stop / tail / indicator lights are obviously mirrored so I was assuming the fog should be too. I guess one fog light is not strange even though it seems strange to me :pac:

Its a fair & reasonable question to ask Dan.

I like that there are others with the same car to compare with & bounce things off for feedback etc...

I've been jumping between YouTube, the various online forums - Facebook forums & this forum & all are pretty useful resources both pre / post purchase of the car.

I've hardly read the manual myself yet, so I've loads to figure out too ;)

But the layout in the manual is called Layout A, I think. So there may be other configurations. I would be thinking though fog light one side, reversing light the other.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    But the layout in the manual is called Layout A, I think. So there may be other configurations. I would be thinking though fog light one side, reversing light the other.

7-67 shows the Type A version

7-69 shows the Type B version

You're probably right John about the fog light one side and reversing the other. Can't check just now but I'll have a look tomorrow and confirm (unless another Kona Electric owner beats me to it ) :-)

bonoman66 wrote: »
    7-67 shows the Type A version

7-69 shows the Type B version

You're probably right John about the fog light one side and reversing the other. Can't check just now but I'll have a look tomorrow and confirm (unless another Kona Electric owner beats me to it ) :-)

Just confirming the following on my Kona Electric as promised last night...

Rear reversing light is on the bottom left side of the car looking at the car from behind.. One light only.

Rear fog light is on the bottom right side of the car looking at the car from behind (I know the manual indicates the rear fog light is on the left lower side lighting cluster but on mine its on the rear right lower side lighting cluster etc..)..One light only.

Tested during bright daylight (just mentioning in case I've missed something but don't think I have)..

Hope that helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭obriendj

TheChizler wrote: »
    Salesman told us it came with it, I'll have to double check it's there when we go to pick it up!
    That's the granny cable and should have come with the car.
    Back on to the dealer ASAP!!
    I would have expected that cable to be there. Maybe check with the dealer that someone didnt take it out by mistake.

Its not a simple cheap adaptor. Its likely to cost you hundreds to buy one so I'd be getting confirmation from the dealer and other owners before you consider buying anything.

Yea, you need to put your foot on the accelerator BEFORE you disengage cruise control or, as you said, reduce the regen level first.
    bonoman66 wrote: »
    You should have received 2 cables supplied by your dealer with your new Kona Electric. I had asked before I picked mine up & was told the 2 cables would come with it. (Which they did).

If you look at this Kildare Dealers Video about the Kona, you'll see it comes with the 2 cable types: (Its 3 mins 40 secs into the video)

1 Cable is the 3 Pin 'Granny Cable' that you can just use to connect your Kona Electric to a standard household 3 pin socket in order to charge. (That should be located in the lowest section of the boot - comes in a nice black slim holdall type bag with handle).

1 cable is the heavy duty type 2 cable that you use to connect with a dedicated EV charger (either at your home if its not teethered) or a public one. Comes in a round Hyundai Bag in the main boot section.
    Yeah you should have got 2 cables, the granny/trickle charge cable, and the public/private chargepoint cable.
    Mine only had the granny cable when I collected it, dealer said they were missing a batch of the other ones, but they had it for me in a few days.
    This might sound stupid but just in case you didn't know there is a neat compartment for the granny cable case underneath the boot floor, maybe it is tucked away in there.

It was in the boot, where the spare wheel would be on a regular car. :o:o

Thanks for the responses.

It was in the boot, where the spare wheel would be on a regular car. :o:o

Thanks for the responses.

You're welcome - delighted you had it there. The boot in any new car can be an 'Aladdin's Cave' :D

dubatc2 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Quick question before I contact the dealer, I got a new Kona 64kwh one week ago, I have been enjoying the car despite the downgrade in equipment from the UK model. I have a zappi charger installed at home.
    I have the car plugged in at home, confirmed that the zappi charger is in fast mode, it is sending approx 6.4kwh to the car, green bars on the car charging socket.
    I have checked the EV settings and the charging limits are set to maximum.
    I have the car set to stop charging at 80%.
    The car has 70% power, it shows 6.4kwh input and displays 5hr15min to 80%.
    Changed the capacity to 100% and with 6.4 kwh the time changes to 15:50mins.
    Surely this isn't right, am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the car or zappi? The car is supposed to charge to approx 80% in 9 odd hours.
    Any ideas???

Something is definitely wrong.

My guess is its related to the compatibility mode in the Zappi that affects the Ioniq and Kona.

See thread here...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108342417

Change that setting on the Zappi and see what figures you get then.

Cheers, turning off compatibility mode did the trick for me. Estimate went from 47 hours to 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Cheers, turning off compatibility mode did the trick for me. Estimate went from 47 hours to 10!

I think there is a downside to turning it off but I cant remember what that is now.

Maybe something to do with cabin pre-heating or maybe the Solar integration... cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭obriendj

Charge Frequency

This might be for all EVs or maybe it is different for each model. But I am wondering how often do you charge?

I have a Kona and charged when it dropped to 20%, is that incorrect?

What do you think it is best?

Thanks

Kona has a good BMS and active cooling.
    Just don't leave it at 100% or very low battery for a long time, and other than that just charge and drive and enjoy the car.

Managing the battery is only for cars without battery conditioning (eg leafs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

So is it definetly not possible to order a UK spec Kona in Ireland? In the North even?

If a customer was with a Hyundai dealership and asked for a UK spec to be ordered in surely they could arrange something to land the sale?
    Or am I being really naive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Got my Kona EV last Wednesday and nuts about it. Been really busy this weather but looking forward to getting to play with all the gadgets (moved from an 06 to the 191 Kona so it's like going from the Apollo to the Enterprise).

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dglflyer

I almost say sputnik to enterprise, well done , good luck with the car it will be great . Damn near 0 maintenance and cheap as chips driving ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Any reports from Hyundai on changing up the spec on the Kona? have a friend looking to replace in Jan 2020

Batesy wrote: »
    So is it definetly not possible to order a UK spec Kona in Ireland? In the North even?

If a customer was with a Hyundai dealership and asked for a UK spec to be ordered in surely they could arrange something to land the sale?
    Or am I being really naive?

Being Naieve unfortunately.
    You can't order a UK car here. You also can't pay the sticker price on one up north as you don't have a UK address to qualify for their grant.

You could buy an ex demo in 6 months time but then the odometer and speedo will be in miles and you cannot fully change it to KMs. (Your cruise control, gom etc would be set in miles).

Couldn't be dealing with that.

Rules out buying a UK one, and the low spec rules out a lot of people buying an irish one (unless you're like the chap above coming from an 06 any EV will be a jump in spec)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Being Naieve unfortunately.
    You can't order a UK car here. You also can't pay the sticker price on one up north as you don't have a UK address to qualify for their grant.

You could buy an ex demo in 6 months time but then the odometer and speedo will be in miles and you cannot fully change it to KMs. (Your cruise control, gom etc would be set in miles).

Couldn't be dealing with that.

Rules out buying a UK one, and the low spec rules out a lot of people buying an irish one (unless you're like the chap above coming from an 06 any EV will be a jump in spec)

If buying from UK you cannot use PCP. Bit of an issue for people already in the PCP cycle

Best wishes LeBash.
    We are moving from PCP to HP on the new car. Payments over 5 years, monthly about the same rate, but we'll own it at the end. Don't see us changing it in the 5 years, so refinancing headache done away with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Caught sight of a 191 D this morning in the darkness, looked lovely I have to say, great to see another model on the road, when I passed it the front lights looked very compressed but I'm sure they light up the road well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Ryath

They're just the Drls the main beams are the ones that look like fog lights.

Real pity they skimped on having the full LED headlights. It's a deal breaker with the wife as she is used to having them.
    ol8obyldxjn2dcxvm262.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Saw the flat grey (Same colour as pic above) in Waterford this morning.

Had the light interior.

Looked much better than I expected the colour to look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I saw a piece of paper where he worked out the cost after all deductions, he included the €900 or so VRT left over as part of the claim we should put in for the conversion, no mention of Hyundai absorbing it, so I'll be sure to follow up on that one!

Thanks for all the info everyone.
    Back again.

I've finally seen the invoice, and for purely academic reasons I'm trying to make the numbers work out but I can't make it happen based on the figures in front of me.

So the car price on the in invoice is €30,731 + 23% VAT = €37,800.

The problem comes when we try to line that up against the VRT and grants...

VRT exemption is €5,000
    Hyundai-covered residual VRT is €910
    Therefore full amount of VRT is €5,910

For EVs VRT is 14% of OMSP (which includes VAT) therefore OSMP of Hyundai Kona is €42,214.29
    Including VRT full price is €48,124.29

Subtract VRT exemption, Residual VRT and SEAI grant
    €48,124.29 - (€5,000 + €910 + €5,000) = €37,214.29

So not too different from the €37,800 headline price. I suppose the difference is due to the OSMP not always matching sale price exactly?

The problem is when you try to do the VAT which we'll be claiming part of.

The VAT inclusive price should include the SEAI grant right? So €42,800.

Split this into net price and VAT = €34,796.75 + €8003.25

So have I gone wrong somewhere? Or should they have included the SEAI grant when calculating the VAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Had to get a charge today but still havent got the card yet. Got a 7kw roadside,... 9 hours. Found a CSS, 46kw draw. I think it was 1 hour 42 mins from 22% to 100 and 50 mins for an 80% charge.

I thought i made a big mistake when I saw the 9 hours show up on the dash.

Twin 22kw coming for the job in a couple of weeks so it will save me some "adventures"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭zg3409

LeBash wrote: »
    Found a CSS, 46kw draw. 50 mins for an 80% charge.

I thought i made a big mistake when I saw the 9 hours show up on the dash.

Twin 22kw coming for the job in a couple of weeks so it will save me some "adventures"

Kona can only charge at 7.2kw on 22kw 3 phase outlet.

For CCS fast chargers, I use the app zapmap and plugshare and you can filter by CCS fast chargers only. Many of the fast chargers without CCS are getting upgraded at the moment like leterkenny (done) but beware some CCS fast chargers are down such as Tesco Wicklow town and others very dodgy (Tesco Bray OK on 7th attempt) . I don't want this to become a charger thread, but if you are new to EVs you learn quickly to look for fast chargers and assume many are faulty or busy or blocked, so plan on having enough power left to make it to the next fast charger. I aim for 3 fast charger options for one charge needed to be sure I don't end up stranded.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Two lovely brand new Kona's past me today. Most be freshly arriving at a dealer. No license plates and blue sticky tape on the door handles, etc.

Lucky folks whoever is getting those :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Bjorn has a Kona for the weekend.

He was livestreaming earlier so hopefully will be a video

Made sure I was added to my mother's insurance and went over to have a test drive last night, first EV I've driven, incredible experience. Effortless to accelerate, got a bit of wheelspin in sport mode going to overtake a car on the N40 ;)

Instant heat from the AC. Always thought heated seats and wheel were a gimmic but they were lovely!

Only complaint was reversing out of the drive, it accelerated as I took my foot off the brake rather than wait for me to press the accelerator, though the only time I ever drove an automatic before it did the same thing so maybe that's normal and they're copying the effect.

Regen took a bit of getting used to, but I imagine if you were driving energy consciously (which I wasn't!) it would start to become second nature. Haven't tried charging yet as it came with a full battery.

reversing out of the drive, it accelerated as I took my foot off the brake rather than wait for me to press the accelerator, though the only time I ever drove an automatic before it did the same thing so maybe that's normal and they're copying the effect.

Yes this is the car copying/ mimicking automatic petrol cars. It is called creep. The feature can be disabled by pressing the auto hold button. This makes it "put on the handbrake" automatically any time stopped using foot brake, so you need to press accelerator to start moving again. This is more natural for people used to manual cars with a gear stick, but on the ioniq you need to press it every trip, which is annoying, otherwise you need to hold in the brake pedal at traffic lights, which annoys me. I assume same for kona. It would be great if more features were customisable in the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Generally positive review of the Kona in the Sunday Independent today.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of an EV to replace my 3-year old diesel Kadjar and the Kona seems to fit the bill (160Km round trip to work, 98% Motorway, no chargers at work so range anxiety was a factor).

Though by the sounds of it, I may have to wait until late this year/early next year for them to be available, is that correct?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I may have to wait until late this year/early next year for them to be available, is that correct?

As of a few weeks ago some dealers had stock. It is on a dealer by dealer basis, and each dealer has specific colours. So there should be some to test drive and buy. Ring different dealers to get the colour you want, and to haggle on price and trade in value.

UK has a 6 month wait.

You may be confusing the Hyunadai Kona (available) with the Kia Niro (not available until next year). Very similar cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

The problem is when you try to do the VAT which we'll be claiming part of.

Part of what VAT :confused: Between the grant and the dealership covering the €910 you didn't pay any Vat so cant claim any back. Unless you mean the €210 or so of the €910 the dealer paid.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Part of what VAT :confused: Between the grant and the dealership covering the €910 you didn't pay any Vat so cant claim any back. Unless you mean the €210 or so of the €910 the dealer paid.
    I think you might be confusing VAT and VRT? Definitely paid at least €7,000 VAT.

Spoke to the salesman and he insisted that the SEAI grant was a payment to the dealer so it doesn't count for VAT. This didn't really make sense but I'll check to see does the amount we can do a DD1 claim for make our difference in opinion worth pursuing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement