Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Lads any of ye staying up the night before? Debating it just to be 100% fresh come Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Lads for the cadets, are you just bringing a copy of your college degree diploma or are you bringing your leaving cert as well

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Lads for the cadets, are you just bringing a copy of your college degree diploma or are you bringing your leaving cert as well

Bringing a copy of the lc and the transcripts I have showing I've finished the degree as I haven't graduated yet! I gave them a ring earlier and they said that'd suffice for now for the degree but I'd say it's no harm to bring the lc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

Lads any of ye staying up the night before? Debating it just to be 100% fresh come Monday morning

Just gonna head down at 5 or 6am that morning

P0dr1ck wrote: »

I think the T&C’s say you just need your degree but I guess bringing photocopies of your Leaving cert/A-Levels wouldn’t hurt

• Advertisement

Bringing a copy of the lc and the transcripts I have showing I've finished the degree as I haven't graduated yet! I gave them a ring earlier and they said that'd suffice for now for the degree but I'd say it's no harm to bring the lc too.

I’m in the same boat as you. I don’t graduate until the 4th of July. Going to bring my transcripts saying I’m to be awarded the degree. Will probably have to hoke out the A-Level results aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Warrior94

Has anyone here done the fitness test yet? I’m really struggling with the sit ups I can only do them if I pull myself up by my thighs but I’m wondering is there someone per candidate watching you intensely to make sure you don’t do something like that? Or does anyone know the lay out of how it usually goes?

Warrior94 wrote: »
    Has anyone here done the fitness test yet? I’m really struggling with the sit ups I can only do them if I pull myself up by my thighs but I’m wondering is there someone per candidate watching you intensely to make sure you don’t do something like that? Or does anyone know the lay out of how it usually goes?

I've done it. There's a soldier that sits with you and counts.

Just remember that wall you have to do is cup your knees when you are coming up and that counts as one sit up. On the day of it the adrenaline will probably carry you over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

I've done it. There's a soldier that sits with you and counts.

Just remember that wall you have to do is cup your knees when you are coming up and that counts as one sit up. On the day of it the adrenaline will probably carry you over the line.

Should we show up in shorts and workout gear when we arrive with a change of clothes in our bag or the other way around?

RJ123 wrote: »
    Should we show up in shorts and workout gear when we arrive with a change of clothes in our bag or the other way around?

I'd say they will give us a chance to change.

• Advertisement

I'd say they will give us a chance to change.

So regular clothes on arrival?

So regular clothes on arrival?

I’d say so. Can we park in the camp?

Best of luck tomorrow boys, been sick all week very nervous for the run haha

I’d say so. Can we park in the camp?

Not sure I’m just getting dropped off at the drop off point

Just received my Garda vetting hoping that’s a good sign anybody else receive it?

Just received my Garda vetting hoping that’s a good sign anybody else receive it?

Yeah I got one as well. I think everyone gets one

Anyone got any word about the interviews yet?

Anyone got any word about the interviews yet?

Not yet they said if not today it would be Monday during the talks. Frustrating though haha as I'll be at the Navy tests and won't have access to find out until after.

Not yet they said if not today it would be Monday during the talks. Frustrating though haha as I'll be at the Navy tests and won't have access to find out until after.

Then again they sent it late in the day last time so wouldn't be surprised if they do that again today.

The waiting is killing me lads ��

• Advertisement

The waiting is killing me lads ��

Yeah delayed again I suppose

Yeah delayed again I suppose

I need to book work off as soon as if I get an interview so this wait is really annoying.

Would it be fair to say if they haven’t contacted us by now that it’s probably not going to be good news?

Has anyone heard anything or know someone who has been contacted?

Would it be fair to say if they haven’t contacted us by now that it’s probably not going to be good news?

Has anyone heard anything or know someone who has been contacted?

I was at the navy yesterday and another army person I was with didn’t hear back yet either from army

I was at the navy yesterday and another army person I was with didn’t hear back yet either from army

Fair enough. Any idea what time today the emails will be sent out?

Fair enough. Any idea what time today the emails will be sent out?

No clue I asked for an update on application and he put my name in and told me I’ll know later today. Don’t know if when you did fitness and group assessments impacts when you get it or not

No clue I asked for an update on application and he put my name in and told me I’ll know later today. Don’t know if when you did fitness and group assessments impacts when you get it or not

I suppose it would be good to tell all the successful candidates at the same time. I’m just thinking that they said the first interviews would be on the 8th of July

I suppose it would be good to tell all the successful candidates at the same time. I’m just thinking that they said the first interviews would be on the 8th of July

They are subject to change though so at this rate I’m assuming they will push them back a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

They are subject to change though so at this rate I’m assuming they will push them back a bit

Check your emails. Just got word from them myself

• Advertisement

Ducky00 wrote: »
    Check your emails. Just got word from them myself

Good or bad?

Advertisement