Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,436 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

EletricMan wrote: »
    Used a 10e off 45e spend that I got in the paper today, in Tesco this evening. Got two more 10e off 45e on the end of the receipt.

That's interesting, Tesco uping the stakes against Dunnes, the 'poor' customer loving the crossfire :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,822 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tesco have a sign up saying spend €45 get a €10 voucher of your next €45 shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco have a sign up saying spend €45 get a €10 voucher of your next €45 shop!
    In yer face Dunnes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

EletricMan wrote: »
    Used a 10e off 45e spend that I got in the paper today, in Tesco this evening. Got two more 10e off 45e on the end of the receipt.

this time last year I was getting 2 vouchers each time in tesco. This was seemingly since a lidl had opened nearby as it was not happening elsewhere.

Were you buying much heavily discounted stuff? like drink? I wonder if some will get 1 and some 2 depending what you buy. I could not believe they kept giving me 2, as they were making a loss on most stuff I was buying.

When do these vouchers become active and expire?

rubadub wrote: »
    this time last year I was getting 2 vouchers each time in tesco. This was seemingly since a lidl had opened nearby as it was not happening elsewhere.

Were you buying much heavily discounted stuff? like drink? I wonder if some will get 1 and some 2 depending what you buy. I could not believe they kept giving me 2, as they were making a loss on most stuff I was buying.

When do these vouchers become active and expire?

I'll post the sign that's up in store when I get home.
    It basically says spend €45 and get a €10 voucher.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Oh now that’s very interesting
    I spent €90 yesterday and didn’t see any signs up :-(

I think it only started Today.
    Tesco offers/promotions often start on Wednesday and end on Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

jasper100 wrote: »
    So I have a €10 off €50 voucher from the paper. Am I right in saying that if I spend €50 then with the voucher it only costs me €40 and I get a €10 off €45 voucher for next time?
    yes you are right. Today i shopped 46 euros. used the paper coupon, went down to 36. I paid 36 and got a coupon from the machine for my next shopping of 45 euros to get 10 off :)

47493487_2203696566330225_3300132911809822720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeE_es2aBu0Ra6K9xVDWvjZd35fNrq8xllsmwzMVLGRhOJwks4Q_aYmNbSK6PqYLJmH6T-tYn_vHALq2KufyvJyUiibZklPGoxUdMvBvJ9URwA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=2b9e4e79878578e012e06b551a4a0a18&oe=5CA1AC22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Seems you can stack them, guy in front of me had 6 vouchers and about €300 worth of beer in the trolley, cashier took them and I asked could you stack them like that, she said yeah

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Seems you can stack them, guy in front of me had 6 vouchers and about €300 worth of beer in the trolley, cashier took them and I asked could you stack them like that, she said yeah

Yep, used one from the Sindo yesterday with a €5 off €25 voucher I got in the post to give me €15 off €70. Didn't get any vouchers back but I'll be getting the Sindo again this weekend so I'd expect the same €5 off €45 voucher again and so I'll do the same again next week.

In the meantime, I'll be using one of my €10 off €40 vouchers in Dunnes tomorrow! A great time to be alive! :D

• Advertisement

I got 2 vouchers there with my receipt. I was also using a 50/10 newspaper voucher. I was barely over 50euro too getting cheap grolsch & cheap tesco vodka, so not like they are giving me 2 hoping I will be back buying high margin items. Valid from 10th to 16th dec.

I think the woman in front of me, not using vouchers, only got 1. (EDIT: another factor might be that I used my clubcard, the woman in front did not)
    You have always been able to stack them in Tesco

I was never able to stack before the recent tesco paper vouchers which explicitly say you can, and never saw anybody in my tesco stacking before, and I did ask myself and saw others ask before. The paper vouchers this year have all said you can. Last year it was very common to see people with multiple vouchers, but having to scan through 50+ and then use a voucher and pay, then do it again. The stacking with 20euro beer trays is great as you are not trying to find things to just tip the 50.

The receipt vouchers have no mention of being stackable. Hopefully you can and/or maybe some shops do.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭spannerism

What does the small print say on the sign?
    Do I need a voucher or will it just come off automatically.

I slam dunked the ops PDF in Tesco Dundrum last weekend so all was cool. I'm going to try go for round 2 this weekend.
    47493487_2203696566330225_3300132911809822720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeE_es2aBu0Ra6K9xVDWvjZd35fNrq8xllsmwzMVLGRhOJwks4Q_aYmNbSK6PqYLJmH6T-tYn_vHALq2KufyvJyUiibZklPGoxUdMvBvJ9URwA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=2b9e4e79878578e012e06b551a4a0a18&oe=5CA1AC22

spannerism wrote: »
    Do I need a voucher or will it just come off automatically.

I slam dunked the ops PDF in Tesco Dundrum last weekend so all was cool. I'm going to try go for round 2 this weekend.

From my understanding you get one when you spend €45!

spannerism wrote: »
    I had a good read of it, nothing unusual or concerning. Usual stuff about not able to be used on tobacco, infant forumla etc.

I was saying I got 2 vouchers in my receipt, spending just over 50, this was not a mistake the girl made sure to tell me there were 2. This might be related to me using my clubcard, so be sure to use it. I was using a voucher from the papers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

voucher i got off my next purchase cant be used for another few days. so you cant spend 45 euro, get a voucher and then go buy more stuff in the one visit. so worth having the original poster's voucher. thanks again op

Dunnes are the next day before you can use their spend and save
    How long is the wait for the Tesco one ?

i got it yesterday the 5th, and can be used between 10th and 16th Dec

dont want to be the one to pontificate but remember to consider if you need anything that you are purchasing. you arent making money, you are spending money. and beer/wine is great value, but damage to liver, hungover, do you really want it?

Dunnes found that they had more sales and profit when they brought out the 10 off 50 spend vouchers. Tesco is a big multinational that would not have brought out these vouchers if they didnt think they would get something out of it, your money.

plus the time and hassle to "save" a tenner, is it worth it

Sorry, just want people to keep that in mind. enjoy your xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

if you need anything that you are purchasing. you arent making money, you are spending money.

You are spending money but then saving money on that spend.

Not a lot of hassle, not a lot of extra time if going shopping anyway
    Saving a tenner on every 45 spend is okay for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sdraobs wrote: »
    voucher i got off my next purchase cant be used for another few days. so you cant spend 45 euro, get a voucher and then go buy more stuff in the one visit. so worth having the original poster's voucher. thanks again op

i used 3 yesterday in 3 separate transactions within the space of an hour or so.
    dont want to be the one to pontificate but remember to consider if you need anything that you are purchasing. you arent making money, you are spending money. and beer/wine is great value, but damage to liver, hungover, do you really want it?

Dunnes found that they had more sales and profit when they brought out the 10 off 50 spend vouchers. Tesco is a big multinational that would not have brought out these vouchers if they didnt think they would get something out of it, your money.

Sorry, just want people to keep that in mind. enjoy your xmas

I used them with the 10 off 50 - so i saved 20 per transaction on stuff i needed to buy anyway, including whiskey and wine. same amount of time to do the shopping, not much hassle either.

But thanks for your concern, at this time of year, it's touching that you felt the need to inform us all about the dangers of spending our own money and the damage alcohol can do.

• Advertisement

and beer/wine is great value, but damage to liver, hungover, do you really want it?
    Some will drink it "because its there". I don't, I always have booze in the house and never drink more simply as its plentiful. I only finished last xmas's purchases a month or so ago.

There are other things to buy, people should calculate properly. There are other expensive items which will not expire soon or at all, things which might not take up much space and will be used anyway. e.g. washing powder, toiletries, stuff like sudocrem, light bulbs. Not sure if you can buy phone credit but people were getting it before, I think some were able to buy vouchers for itunes or argos too (but may not have been supposed to be able). With the 10/45 it is about 22% off, so you have to consider if the stuff you are buying for later use might be reduced to that or more in the future.

In dunnes it is usually just for groceries, in tesco I think you could buy a TV and stack up a rake of vouchers.

people need to be warned, thats why there are regulators, consumer protection groups. people need to be protected from themselves

"Some strange folk around here these days with warnings about spending our own money lol"

Did any strange folk tell you not to buy an apartment in dublin or bulgaria during the celtic tiger? also stats are saying alot of people borrow for xmas. So alot of money spent isnt there own.

I have no vested interest, just think the conversation is very narrow about saving 10euro here and there. well i dont think its really saving. But anyway.

On the stacking up non-perishables. in my experience, i had to do a clean out of the cupboard of tins of chickpeas and packet rice. when i bought them i thought id eat them within a year. but i didnt.

Also, one of my point is about the amount of effort. i can see people heading to tesco on the date of expiry of the voucher. would you not prefer to forgo saving the 10 euro and spend time relaxing or with family. i hated xmas when i was a kid. parents just disappeared all weekend to do shopping. they could have brought me to the zoo or spent better family time together.

would you not prefer to forgo saving the 10 euro and spend time relaxing or with family

:eek:
    You sure you are posting on the correct thread? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh good.... Another dogooders brigade.....

All I want to know is savings and great to hear people are and what they get.

Why not start another thread of people want to preach.

Oh good.... Another dogooders brigade.....

All I want to know is savings and great to hear people are and what they get.

Why not start another thread of people want to preach.

ok, i wont dogooder brigade anymore, i hope you considered my points above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Also, one of my point is about the amount of effort. i can see people heading to tesco on the date of expiry of the voucher. would you not prefer to forgo saving the 10 euro and spend time relaxing or with family. i hated xmas when i was a kid. parents just disappeared all weekend to do shopping. they could have brought me to the zoo or spent better family time together.

Now that's a bit ridiculous. Most people go to Dunnes or Tesco once a week anyway. And you don't save €10. If its a big family shop then it will probably be closer to €200, so €4o saved.

Is there a bah humbug anti Christmas forum around here?

• Advertisement

Is there a bah humbug anti Christmas forum around here?

Probably find one in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭ablelocks

people need to be warned, thats why there are regulators, consumer protection groups. people need to be protected from themselves

"Some strange folk around here these days with warnings about spending our own money lol"

Did any strange folk tell you not to buy an apartment in dublin or bulgaria during the celtic tiger? also stats are saying alot of people borrow for xmas. So alot of money spent isnt there own.

I have no vested interest, just think the conversation is very narrow about saving 10euro here and there. well i dont think its really saving. But anyway.

On the stacking up non-perishables. in my experience, i had to do a clean out of the cupboard of tins of chickpeas and packet rice. when i bought them i thought id eat them within a year. but i didnt.

you forgot to say "don't want to be the one to pontificate, but..." at the start of your post.
    i hope you considered my points above

I did, briefly, and have come to the conclusion that they are not worth considering.

The conversation is very narrow because this is a thread about Tesco spend & save vouchers. If you want to post off topic, you really should take it elsewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,183 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Has anyone used these for tesco extra products like clothes, screenwash etc ?

They are not exluded in the list on the coupon eg no medicines.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Can tesco call credit be included when using a voucher .

• Advertisement

Can tesco call credit be included when using a voucher .

Yes. I stock up on mobile call credit whenever I have Tesco spend & save vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mac.in wrote: »
    Voucher

u3stSQy.png

Thank you kindly. Scanned perfectly from my phone and dropped a random piece of paper into the self service checkout. Got a physical voucher back after spending 35 exactly (after applying the coupon).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

For those shopping online, last week the driver took the vouchers and i got the money back into my account 2 working days later. Today a different driver refused to take them, said smth changed and i should call Customer service. Rang them and they apologised and put through the money back to my account. They didn't ask for any proof i actually had the vouchers, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Great yesterday to see the till operators in tesco Extra Dundalk sending people who had grocery bills over €45 over to get a newspaper to get the discount.
    Could be company policy but i think they still deserve a wee bit of a bula bos.Well done folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,436 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Used a €10 off €45 voucher from the paper yesterday, total spend was €42ish, I got back 2 more €10 off €45 vouchers, happy days.

One bad thing about them is they are not valid for 3 days, Dunnes vouchers are valid the next day after purchase. I do have some others I got in newspapers to keep me going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Went into Tesco with a supply of vouchers today - including 4 of the online Indo vouchers shared on here (thank you!). I bought 2 phones totalling €300. The cashier took 6 vouchers, including the 4 online ones, saving me a grand total of €60! Happy days! :D

Quick query, someone has asked me to get them a ps4 for a present for their husband (lucky fecker) but anyway can I scan the pdf a few times at the self service checkout or would a print out be better or is it all the same thing ?

My educated guess would be No would be No!

So you don’t think having a few paper print outs of the pdf will work ?

I think it's one voucher per transaction but try it.

I used a spend and save €16 off €80 and €10 off €45 added together and I soent €130 last week and saved €26 but I don’t have any more Tesco paper ones that’s why I was wondering about the pdf

Sorry it might work.
    We spent €145 in Tesco on Friday.
    We had 2 €10 off €50 and one €10 off €45 so we got our shopping for €115.
    We had to split it into three separate transactions tough.

I tried scanning off my phone and no joy at all.

• Advertisement

I tried scanning off my phone and no joy at all.

It should work fine (did for me yesterday), unless the store you tried it in still has tills with older laser barcode-scanners which can't read mobile screens.

The Tesco app now has a menu option to bring up your Clubcard barcode for scanning at the tills so I would have assumed the tills in most, if not all, stores can read mobile screens.

Quackster wrote: »
    It should work fine (did for me yesterday), unless the store you tried it in still has tills with older laser barcode-scanners which can't read mobile screens.

The Tesco app now has a menu option to bring up your Clubcard barcode for scanning at the tills so I would have assumed the tills in most, if not all, stores can read mobile screens.

I tried it and no joy, didn't recognize or scan at all.
    Had it bright screen and enlarged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

I tried it and no joy, didn't recognize or scan at all. Had it bright screen and enlarged.

Ask the assistant, they'll scan/enter it, no probs when I showed it at the till.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

So you don’t think having a few paper print outs of the pdf will work ?

Once you print out the number of vouchers you need, you should be absolutely fine. Scanning from the phone should work ok too but you're more likely to attract the unwanted attention of the supervisor as you shiftily stuff multiple random bits of paper into the 'vouchers' slot!

bladespin wrote: »
    Ask the assistant, they'll scan/enter it, no probs when I showed it at the till.

You mightn't get the same reaction from every member of staff you ask though so best only resort to that as a last option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Quackster wrote: »
    Once you print out the number of vouchers you need, you should be absolutely fine. Scanning from the phone should work ok too but you're more likely to attract the unwanted attention of the supervisor as you shiftily stuff multiple random bits of paper into the 'vouchers' slot!

Just buy a bottle of alcohol on offer and distract them by sending them away to remove the anti theft device while you go for the scan and drop!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The newer scanners are '2d' and will pick up images on your phone, the older laser scanners won't. 2d scanners usually have a combination of colours, red and blue, or blue and green. Same as airport check in scanners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I was in Tesco today with my voucher cut out of the paper.

Staff were asking people in the queue if they had them and if not, they were handing them out.

When I got my receipt, there were two more printed out with it.

They're not going hard on the T and C.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Scanned fine from my phone but they wouldn't accept it at the till without a paper voucher in Ballincollig... Worked fine at self service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Scanned fine from my phone but they wouldn't accept it at the till without a paper voucher in Ballincollig... Worked fine at self service

Yeah the till workers will be told they are missing €10r outta their till if you have nothing to hand them

Works on self service for me but don’t scan until you’ve selected pay by card

Advertisement