Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Thurston? wrote: »
    Hardly coincidence that the problem started when you switched receivers. It's possible your signal was always poor, & the TV doesn't cope as well. Or maybe just unplugging/plugging in the aerial upset a connection.

Are you using a set-top aerial?
    You may have something there, I have a small rooftop aerial connected to the combo box & all was fine, I moved the combo box & re-routed the cable to another room awhile back & that still gets all channels fine, I added a small indoor antenna to my saorview TV & thats when the rte1 issue began,...I'll reposition the antenna & rescan..or maybe add a splitter to the rooftop cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone else getting a split second freezing of picture on saorview?

*woodcock hill

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just came on to see was anyone else having the problem from Truskmore. Are you watching the hurling? Haven't tried any other channels yet.

I hope it's a problem from Croke Park . I'd been fearing I got water in a cable after the last few days deluge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

sligojoek wrote: »
    I hope it's a problem from Croke Park . I'd been fearing I got water in a cable after the last few days deluge.

I think it's a problem with Croke Park feed is right. I've noticed it a couple of times in recent weeks, mainly on what look like remote camera/hand held camera shots. Seems particularly bad today though.

Of course, the picture is always OK when the fvcking ads are on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Good old Saorsat stuttering away again. It's a sad state of affairs when you have to switch to BBC to see what is happening in our own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Good old Saorsat stuttering away again. It's a sad state of affairs when you have to switch to BBC to see what is happening in our own country.

What time Gerry, it was working okay for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

A lot of the live stuff on RTÉ1 Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

A lot of the live stuff on RTÉ1 Sunday.

Will keep an eye on it,

I didn't notice it myself, had the Pope coverage on in the background, but wasn't that focused on it.

I watched The Joe Duffy show and news on RTE 1 Sunday night and that was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Lost a number of channels today. Rte 2 , Virgin media 1 on Saorview.

Needed to re tune on both TVs.
    Not sure was it my aerial or transmitter in region.

East Cork Area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

john_doe. wrote: »
    Lost a number of channels today. Rte 2 , Virgin media 1 on Saorview.

Needed to re tune on both TVs.
    Not sure was it my aerial or transmitter in region.

East Cork Area.

Looks like I dropped over to the mullaghanish transmitter as I was receiving on channels 21 and 24 , back now on 55 and 59 for dungarvan transmitter.
    Interestingly my house seems to be in a zone of both -the rest of the area receives from mullaghanish.

Anybody experiencing drop outs from Truskmore?

Mine has gone off a few times for 20 minute periods since about 6pm. It's happening on both TVs fed from the same aerial. The EPG works but no picture or teletext.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

I have the same problem tried retuning but to no avail I am just outside Castlebar have this problem for a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

All my Saorview channels disappeared 3 times this evening. I have them and FTA channel numbers all nicely arranged and the odd thing was that they were missing entirely from the EPG. 3 times I scanned and got them back in their positions on the EPG only to loose them. They've been fine since after 8.

My signal comes from a relay mast outside of Ballybofey

There's a frequency change going on all over so it's probably related to that.

muffler wrote: »
    All my Saorview channels disappeared 3 times this evening. I have them and FTA channel numbers all nicely arranged and the odd thing was that they were missing entirely from the EPG. 3 times I scanned and got them back in their positions on the EPG only to loose them. They've been fine since after 8.

My signal comes from a relay mast outside of Ballybofey

I'm guessing your primary signal comes from Truskmore.

Good to see others are having problems. Saves me going up the ladder. It#sbeen perfect ever since.

I have the same problem tried retuning but to no avail I am just outside Castlebar have this problem for a couple of months

Maybe you have alignment or cable issues. The signal from TM has been perfect up to this. I'm lucky in that I'm so close to Truskmore I can get a picture if the aerial was on the floor. I've actually done it

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Truskmore outages mentioned on Saorview website:
    Due to essential maintenance our Truskmore transmitter will be subject to a complete outage of up to 8 hours between 09:00 and 16:30, 13th to 16th August 2019. The outage will also impact our transposers at Aranmore, Ballybofey, Castlebar, Clonmany, Dooncarton, Fanad, Glencolumcille, Glenties, Letterkenny, Holywell Hill, Magheraroarty, Malin and Moville.

Also on Aertel P169.

Truskmore outages mentioned on Saorview website:

Also on Aertel P169.
    That explains it. Cheers

Anyone getting signal loss on Freeview channels tonight?

I've lost BBC and ITV channels about 4 or 5 times tonight with the outages lasting about 30 - 60 seconds each time. Getting signal from the Strabane transmitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

We lost RTE1 but strangely not RTE2 from around 7pm

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭mike2084

Hi folks,

This is an issue with radio reception so apologies if in wrong forum, but RTE Radio 1 from Cnoc On Oir, North Kerry on 89.2FM appears to be off the air for about 24hrs now, just wondering if anyone else in the area has noticed this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭mike2084

mike2084 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

This is an issue with radio reception so apologies if in wrong forum, but RTE Radio 1 from Cnoc On Oir, North Kerry on 89.2FM appears to be off the air for about 24hrs now, just wondering if anyone else in the area has noticed this?

Came back on air at 2pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Can anybody advise how to do a channel reset on a HDS615 receiver. I had over 400 listed and was able to get Smithsonian HD on CH287 and now for some unknown reason, I cannot get anything over CH155.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone else experiencing breakup from woodcock hill near Limerick? anytime there's heavy rain saorview goes to pot :(

fryup wrote: »
    anyone else experiencing breakup from woodcock hill near Limerick? anytime there's heavy rain saorview goes to pot :(

That just means your own aerial setup is no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

I presently recieve Saorview here in Ardee from Clermont Carn.

What type of external antenna do I need post March 3rd ?
    (one these I presume ... https://www.freetv.ie/saorview/tv-aerials/uhf/)

eirman wrote: »

What type of external antenna do I need post March 3rd ? ...

The aerial you have will most likely be fine. You mustn't have checked reception on the new freqs. yet? They've been on since Sept. last.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,495 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

eirman wrote: »

What type of external antenna do I need post March 3rd ?
    This will be the recommended aerial post March 3rd - https://www.freetv.ie/grey-group-k-uhf-aerial/

Are you planning to replace your current aerial? It may perform ok post switchover, might be best to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

The Cush wrote: »
    Are you planning to replace your current aerial? It may perform ok post switchover, might be best to wait and see.

Thanks for that info. I'll wait and only replace if necessary.

Advertisement