Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Thanks dobman88, ill give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

What's the best place to get tyres in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

kaji wrote: »
    I've always been happy with O'Sheas Tyre centre at the top of High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

kaji wrote: »

Try Tyre Stop and ask for Mike. Most helpful and not too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, enjoying myself walking around the national park, normally walk up the river and onto castle. today went other way to fossa? Its fenced off at the moment but when that's sorted could you walk all the way round to the castle, on the pathway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

tinner777 wrote: »
    lads, enjoying myself walking around the national park, normally walk up the river and onto castle. today went other way to fossa? Its fenced off at the moment but when that's sorted could you walk all the way round to the castle, on the pathway?

I presume you mean Ross Castle and no, if you walk the Fossa way you can't do a loop to Ross Castle because the lakes are between the two points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

dobman88 wrote: »
    I presume you mean Ross Castle and no, if you walk the Fossa way you can't do a loop to Ross Castle because the lakes are between the two points.

The full loop is planned but not in the near future

ok, where does it goto?

ok, where does it goto?

It will go out to fossa towards the gap and then around the front of Tomies before looping back in around the lake.

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    It will go out to fossa towards the gap and then around the front of Tomies before looping back in around the lake.

You won't find many doing that route for a Sunday stroll :)

• Advertisement

You won't find many doing that route for a Sunday stroll :)

Lovely cycle though.

Here's the plan: http://http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/media/media,9303,en.pdf

thanks lads, either way a lovely place to walk.

thanks lads, either way a lovely place to walk.

Yeah I went for a good walk on Monday, I live on Woodlawn Road in town and went out Muckross Road to Muckross House and through the park and gardens on to Torc Waterfall, climbed Torc Mountain and walked back again.

I was really tempted to get a taxi home but it was a fantastic walk and the weather on Monday was great.

Pics here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056056786&page=9

Anyone know if and when the Deenagh lodge cafe is opening this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Anyone know if and when the Deenagh lodge cafe is opening this year?

yeah. In the next week or two. Not sure of exact date

numorouno wrote: »
    yeah. In the next week or two. Not sure of exact date

Good man, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Killarney is finally getting close to a New Graveyard!
    Killarney is to finally get a new public graveyard after searching for a suitable site for over 20 years. ... Killarney Town Councillors have ring-fenced half a million euro from the town council’s budget for a new burial ground.
    - I am going to miss the local Town Councillors!

taken from here.

What internet provider do people use in Killarney? I cancelled my Vodafone wifi because I got sick of no service and dealing with them. I was thinking of getting Sky or Eircom broadband. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm with eircom on the e-fibre package here on the Muckross road and I can't fault it. Besides broadband coming through a line is always going to be more reliable than the dongles.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Good man, thanks

thanks..had a lemon tart there once....great place for coffee after 10 am mass in the cathedral..so handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Not usually a customer but went to Boots in Deerpark last week. Excellent and helpful service by the staff there.

Credit where its due.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Was at torc waterfall with two small kids on Sunday, as we were about half way between the car park and the waterfall I noticed this couple standing looking into a pond below. As we approached them the man threw a plastic bottle into the pond and stood there watching it. I was furious but said nothing which I feel bad about, I didn't want an altercation involving me with the kids so I walked past and they stood there looking at the bottle floating in the water below.
    What is it with some people? :mad:

You will get used to seeing it. I go walking around the lakes, park and muckross regularly and the things I see are unbelievable. Most people try and hide the fact they are dumping their rubbish but there's always the few that don't care.

What cracks me up most is the people who have some form of backpack with them to carry the water bottles/food and still dump it after using them!! Unfortunately, your breath would be wasted talking to such animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Assuming this new Easons is a franchise, what's the best way to apply for a job there? Will it be advertised on the regular job sites or Easons website itself?

Hasn't it got something to do with the Killarney Bookshop next door?? I'd imagine they will just give their own staff more hours. Or maybe pop in to see them and find out if they have anything to do with it and leave a CV with them if they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Anyone know if there is any upcoming aed courses in killarney?

Anyone know if there is any upcoming aed courses in killarney?

http://www.firstaidkerry.ie/About_First_Aid_Training_Ireland

I did my course with this man and would highly recommend getting in touch with him. He does courses all over the country but gets Kerry ones regularly enough.

It was the 2nd course I did and I feel like I learnt a lot more off John than the first instructor. He simplifies things while also getting the point across, which I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Skidrow

Any jazz or blues sessions in Killarney Wed or Thr this week?
    or local theatre productions ?

Anybody know a place in town that has a good craft beer selection besides Courtney's?? I have a friend coming down and he has recently got into craft beers and looking for a good pub/pubs to take him to besides Courtneys cos I'm not a huge fan of that pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anybody know a place in town that has a good craft beer selection besides Courtney's?? I have a friend coming down and he has recently got into craft beers and looking for a good pub/pubs to take him to besides Courtneys cos I'm not a huge fan of that pub.

Porterhouse near Mike's takeaway is probably your best bet.

Advertisement