Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Off the topic a bit but I am wondering if anyone is having TV reception problems.. I am finding the past few days that TV3 reception is terrible ..
    I have freeview/soarview..Hoping it might be the weather, if someone else has the same issue in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

anyone know where that severe gust knocked all those trees today, somewhere up Mangerton direction according to Anne Lucey in the Irish Times

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

jkforde wrote: »
    anyone know where that severe gust knocked all those trees today, somewhere up Mangerton direction according to Anne Lucey in the Irish Times

Past the Lake hotel on the jarvey path, the pedestrian/jarvey entrance.

By the jarvey car park entrance, there are about 50 trees down. Walk in that direction and there are a few massive specimen trees down.

The NPWS has requested that the public stay out of the National Park.

I met people taking wood from the park this evening. I suppose there's no point trying to educate people about danger of spreading diseases such as honey fungus etc. They drove away in their Lexus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

madrabui wrote: »
    I met people taking wood from the park this evening. I suppose there's no point trying to educate people about danger of spreading diseases such as honey fungus etc. They drove away in their Lexus.

It is also illegal to take wood from the national park

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    It is also illegal to take wood from the national park

It is, but I don't think anyone has the time to prosecute and people know this.

It the same with the holly at Christmas time. Holly trees are hacked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Temporary traffic lights and works on Lewis Rd near Arus Padraig this morning. Not sure how long they are there for but delays can be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Hey there,

Does anyone know where you can do a first aid course in Killarney, it for work?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

DennyPa wrote: »
    Hey there,

Does anyone know where you can do a first aid course in Killarney, it for work?

Thanks

I did my course with a guy called John Doogan in The Malton but I don't have his contact details. If it's for work, they should know someone and also pay for it.

Edit: found him http://www.firstaidkerry.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, yeah the company will pay for it alright but HR are based in North America so they don't know any companies around Killarney/Kerry. Can I ask how long the course was?

DennyPa wrote: »
    Thanks for that, yeah the company will pay for it alright but HR are based in North America so they don't know any companies around Killarney/Kerry. Can I ask how long the course was?

Course was 1 full day and 1 half day. The full day was learning all the theory and practical stuff. We put bandages on eachother and slings etc. etc. The half day was the exam, taken in twos.Asked a few simple questions by the examiner and asked togive a few simple demonstrations. There was 10 in the group and the lowest score was 97.5% so its a handy course. John also gives you a first aid book and 2 breathing/resuscitation masks to take home.

He also does one day refresher courses. And he is top notch imo. This was the 2nd course I did but the first I did with him and I wouldn't use anyone else only John.

Thanks for that info dobman88, great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

madrabui wrote: »
    It is, but I don't think anyone has the time to prosecute and people know this.

It the same with the holly at Christmas time. Holly trees are hacked up.

do you think that same holly ends up being sold of the back of jeeps coming up to christmas.

goat2 wrote: »
    do you think that same holly ends up being sold of the back of jeeps coming up to christmas.

It's most likely. I wonder if people are ever asked to prove that they are ethically sourced?

i dont buy holly,
    bought a little holly plant yrs ago, so i have my own little bit, but i would not like to think that hacked holly is being sold off back of jeeps,
    it is such a beautiful plant,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

i dont buy holly,
    bought a little holly plant yrs ago, so i have my own little bit, but i would not like to think that hacked holly is being sold off back of jeeps,
    it is such a beautiful plant,

It sure is, every year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Off the topic a bit but I am wondering if anyone is having TV reception problems.. I am finding the past few days that TV3 reception is terrible ..
    I have freeview/soarview..Hoping it might be the weather, if someone else has the same issue in this area.

Its possible that the wind may have moved your aerial slightly, which would affect your reception

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/gneeveguila-hit-and-run-suspect-to-be-extradited-from-the-uk/

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this. I'm from Gneeveguilla and catching this man will bring closure to the whole community. Hopefully the family will get some little comfort from justice being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

dobman88 wrote: »
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/gneeveguila-hit-and-run-suspect-to-be-extradited-from-the-uk/

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this. I'm from Gneeveguilla and catching this man will bring closure to the whole community. Hopefully the family will get some little comfort from justice being done.

Rarely has such a incident caused me as much anger as this,And i think a lot of people feel the same. All other facts aside,How someone could live with themselves for nearly 2 years and not hand themselves in really is beyond me.
    I have to be careful what i say here but for the moment i will just say that i hope justice is served and the family certainly deserve closure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Wholeheartedly agree.

The people who allegedly protected him and allegedly helped dispose of the vehicle also need to be brought to account.

i cannot beleive someone could not just call 999 and hope that the person they hit will survive, i wonder was the man who died there long before he was found, and if the services were called right away, would he be alive today, i suppose no one knows

i cannot beleive someone could not just call 999 and hope that the person they hit will survive, i wonder was the man who died there long before he was found, and if the services were called right away, would he be alive today, i suppose no one knows

l think he was killed on the spot, hopefully....hope they bring that thug back soon and lock him up, how on earth could anyone live with that on their concious for so long...did guilt ever sit in.

i could not do that,
    did they find his vehicle

i could not do that,
    did they find his vehicle

I couldnt either, l dont think so, apprentley the jeep was crushed or something pretty soon after....they know the make and color of it from tyre marks

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Does anyone know where exactly Park Medical Centre is in Killarney? Somewhere on the Park Rd. but can't find it! Need to know really soon, if anyone knows, would appreciate it greatly!!

kaji wrote: »
    Does anyone know where exactly Park Medical Centre is in Killarney? Somewhere on the Park Rd. but can't find it! Need to know really soon, if anyone knows, would appreciate it greatly!!

Coming from town. Pass McDonalds and Topaz and it is at tesco roundabout on the right.

Coming from Dalys roundabout, just drive to the next roundabout and it is directly in front of you.

There is a shop and a bookies and things there. Fairly big complex

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Oh in that Countess retail place with Hegarty's?

kaji wrote: »
    Oh in that Countess retail place with Hegarty's?

Yeah. Its a pharmacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Is Park Medical Centre not Dr.Gary Stack's surgery on Park Road ?

Coming from town centre go through Tesco Roundabout and go on for about 200 metres and its on the left ?

AFAIK there is no doctor in the Hegartys complex, just the pharmacy.

Advertisement