Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭Macy0161

styron wrote: »
    http://www.dealz.ie/2-x-550-ml-spray-bottle

Pretty sure I've seen better in Dealz itself and the 2 Euro shops in the past - more rigid plastic and durable nozzle (plant mister/sprayer)
    They're most likely not food grade plastic.

Personally, I just reuse the fry light bottles - they work with normal oil in them. Hot water to clear the nozzle if they get blocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am not sure if water sprayers spray oil correctly, as its quite a different substance the nozzle might not work well.

Some of the spray oils seem to be made so you can not refill them easily, to force you to buy another. Some should screw off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah I saw those thanks but wouldnt trust them from the garden section, who knows what nastiness the oil will liberate from them in a hot kitchen...

I suppose I could take the pump mechanism and screw it onto an empty glass water bottle from a pub though.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

rubadub wrote: »
    I am not sure if water sprayers spray oil correctly, as its quite a different substance the nozzle might not work well.

You're right they don't work!! Have bought the metal ones they sell in Dealz but the oil dribbles out, it does not spray. I thinks the best bet is to buy a brand of oil spray that you can refill

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Great value Sony alkaline batteries - 8pcs for 1.49!

cKq678Vt.jpeg

WaCDD1Ao.jpeg

Grab while you can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

ecomac wrote: »
    Great value Sony alkaline batteries - 8pcs for 1.49!

cKq678Vt.jpeg

WaCDD1Ao.jpeg

Grab while you can!

Very poor those batteries, had them, dont last at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I get decent use on the wireless mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

RasTa wrote: »
    I get decent use on the wireless mouse

Me too I only use the cheapest batteries for my mouse and keyboard, still get months out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Spipov wrote: »
    Very poor those batteries, had them, dont last at all

Alkaline or regular? Alkaline should not be any worse than any other brand. Agree about "Heavy duty" ones though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Spend a tenner on Eneloop rechargeables on Ebay, never need batteries again, charge them thousands of times, no drop in performance, charge them up and stick them in a drawer, after 2 years they'll still be at 75% power. Pound shop batteries are a false economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah I saw those thanks but wouldnt trust them from the garden section, who knows what nastiness the oil will liberate from them in a hot kitchen...

I suppose I could take the pump mechanism and screw it onto an empty glass water bottle from a pub though.

Keep an eye out in Lidl or Aldi, I got refillable glass ones there, they normally come up during Mediterranean food promotions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes, but how long will the batteries last in the Dealz dildo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thargor wrote: »

Look for a number 2 in a triangle.

http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-Food-Grade-Buckets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Are the LED bulbs gone ?? :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tharmor wrote: »
    I've never seen them in Tallaght or town only in Omni and Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Got a GU10 one yesterday in stillorgan.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

In Tralee, the 3W BC bulbs were cleared out several weeks ago but they got in a new stock of them during the past week. They also got in a stock of 3W SES about a fortnight ago. I presume other stores will have similarly received new stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Quackster wrote:
    In Tralee, the 3W BC bulbs were cleared out several weeks ago but they got in a new stock of them during the past week. They also got in a stock of 3W SES about a fortnight ago. I presume other stores will have similarly received new stock.

Got candle led one today...do they have round BC as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oven racks out in the oven cleaning bag now. If it brings them back up to new, it's the best €1.49 I ever spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oven racks out in the oven cleaning bag now. If it brings them back up to new, it's the best €1.49 I ever spent!

Let us know how you get on please, my oven is in bad need of a clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I got the oven cleaner last week.. absolutely amazing for the racks!

Can't be beat for €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Used that Oven cleaner myself. Ideal if moving in/out of rented accom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Used that Oven cleaner myself. Ideal if moving in/out of rented accom.

What oven cleaner is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TheBody wrote: »
    What oven cleaner is this?

Ovenpride.
    I've bought it before at its' normal retail price at around a fiver in other shops.
    It's brilliant stuff.

You get a pair of latex gloves, a bottle of solution and a large plastic sealable bag.

You place your oven racks in the bag, along with half the solution. You then leave it somewhere for 4 hours (I leave it outside in the back garden).
    Meanwhile, pour the remaining solution into your oven and leave it for 4 hours before cleaning off.

The stuff that comes off is amazing.
    You then rinse off the stuff on the racks....gleaming they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ovenpride.
    I've bought it before at its' normal retail price at around a fiver in other shops.
    It's brilliant stuff.

You get a pair of latex gloves, a bottle of solution and a large plastic sealable bag.

You place your oven racks in the bag, along with half the solution. You then leave it somewhere for 4 hours (I leave it outside in the back garden).
    Meanwhile, pour the remaining solution into your oven and leave it for 4 hours before cleaning off.

The stuff that comes off is amazing.
    You then rinse off the stuff on the racks....gleaming they are!

Sounds great. I'll have to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ok, so I left it on for 6 hours. Oven was dirty but not too bad. The oven itself came up gleaming, honestly it's like new and it's 9 years old. But the racks were only ok. I expected them to come up as new but maybe that was too ambitious! Still smacking value for €1.49.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Got candle led one today...do they have round BC as well ?

Yeah, the ones I bought are BC golf-balls. There also have/had SES candles and possibly BC candles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

yellow hen wrote: »
    Ok, so I left it on for 6 hours. Oven was dirty but not too bad. The oven itself came up gleaming, honestly it's like new and it's 9 years old. But the racks were only ok. I expected them to come up as new but maybe that was too ambitious! Still smacking value for €1.49.

Overnight you should have left it, turning the bags periodically, giving it a little shake. Sparkiling they'll be.

Be careful with the liquids, I know you get warnings about skin contact on all this sort of stuff but this is strong stuff. You don't realise a bit got on your arm til it has you burned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Reeses Pieces 113g €1.49
    31AbB6WqXkL._AA160_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Basq wrote: »
    I got the oven cleaner last week.. absolutely amazing for the racks!
    Durty! :pac:

Advertisement