Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos of yourself in your loadout/in the field(Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

When the buttstock is actually in your shoulder, not in the airsofter 'rpg' grip, that is actually a genuine fire position... I kid you not :P I was taught it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

awesome pics everyone, the one thing i dont get is when you see someone lugging 50% of their body weight around ? i just think that putting yourself under strain when you dont need to affects your performance, and more importantly, how much you enjoy yourself:D

struggle leads to stress, stress leads to arguments

A number of these shots are Milsim games. Games where you have to carry the kit you need. Anyway, when you're fit enough, you can do it easily enough. Not seen anyone 'fight' in a burgen, (you just dont) but daypacks and armour is hardly that much considering things.

ye kewl i understand where your coming from if someone can lug it and keep up with such a fast paced sport fair enough, but the reason i brought it up is that most of the guys wearing excessive kit were falling behind literally, taking breaks, fiddling with things falling off opening and catching on objects, when it comes to milsim you dont have to carry so much, i have a military bg, no need for so much kit for a milsim, a daysack is enough for a 24hr milsim not a 6 hour one, alot of people lug stuff they only use at the safe zone ??? i know a vest on its own isnt heavy, but when they fill it with all the contents from the boot of the car it becomes cumbersome weight wise and size wise.

the funny thing is Im also guilty of it haha, when i first started, i thought having a cool ''Delta Loadout'' was supercool and packed a vest with so much kit it weighed the same as a real one lol including a 3 ltr hydration pack, had no problem still played smooth and kept up, but once i decided to get smart about it, brought what i actually needed in game, i played twice as smooth and didnt keep up i joined the lads leading the game...i ran to and from respawn instead of walking, i was no longer hindered in foilage all the time and didnt have to walk around the field during lunch break looking for something that fell..

I just think that some people who do carry alot should try tone it down for one or two games a day and see the improvement it will cause.

The only thing thats cumbersome that isnt problematic is a ghille suit haha:D

Well those that arent fit enough and carry it, are asking for pain. Plenty blokes cant keep up with no kit, and it depends on what you think you can do.
    Fact thier kit flaps and thier pouches are open is because airsofters are admin grenades :P

Dunno about the burgen. Spare kit, sleep stuff, food, water, ammo... Thats not that much really... for a game where you dont return to the safe zone... its necessary. you can stuff it into a day pack, but its just more effort. I dont think the burgen is that bad really. Its not like you wear it all the time... dump at CP, or platoon harbour... sorted.

For day games, yeah, its too much. and ghillie suits? yeah some can be, but ones designed properly arent. Youve seen the shots of mine. Its all on the back and sides of the top, and the trosers clip on (making at the moment). Its all about knowing what you need something to do. Airsofters dont understand the concept of 'what do i NEED' not what do I 'want'.

was that the one you had on in the senny pics ??

thats my point, instead of taking of a vest at the rest zone and having a stretch, why not leave half of it there in the first place, a friend of mine had a good saying, pretty simple but true...one ounce when youre sitting around is just another ounce, one ounce when your exhausted is another kilo;)

ye some people have ghilles cover their belly lol...a friend of mine made one sounds similar to yours, he kicked ass with it last weekend;)

have you got any clear pics of the ghille in the photo section ??

Yeah, thats the one... Yeah theres some photos of it in the ghillie topic on the main airsoft forum, probs page 2 or 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

You're dead right, the more you're carrying the less effective you'll be, and players who want to progress will start trimming down their loadout.

As we've said in the emergency medical field: the bigger the belt, the newer the medic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

its the normal thing in airsoft that every single cm of molle must be cover and every pouch must have something in it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Puding wrote: »
    its the normal thing in airsoft that every single cm of molle must be cover and every pouch must have something in it :)

There's nothing better than the tactical club milk pouch

ah but puding ur a russian kit enthusiast of i remember correctly:rolleyes:
    you guys never over load hehe everything has a use

You're dead right, the more you're carrying the less effective you'll be, and players who want to progress will start trimming down their loadout.

As we've said in the emergency medical field: the bigger the belt, the newer the medic. :)
    Or the greater the cutbacks shane ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

@ Gerrout
    Love the A-TACS. was looking at them on a guy in Senny and had them down on my next to order list.
    As Borat would say... Verrryyyy Niiice .
    Where did you order them from Land Warrior?

the king is dead long live the king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yep, land warrior. It's the regular Propper ACU cut, so quite generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

ah ATACS it this years multi-cam:D

why dont u gucci heads just skip the next 3 years of more and more visible less effective camo and wear full iluminous green high vis overalls and play in them, save youreselves the money on slowly upgrading your way there every year hahaha :rolleyes::P

Thats not in till next year. Catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

LAC3.jpg

Player 1 (left) & Player 2 (centre). Nice loadouts

Player 3 (right) Mag in. Finger on the trigger. No eye protection. FAIL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Decoy wrote: »

Player 1 (left) & Player 2 (centre). Nice loadouts

Player 3 (right) Mag in. Finger on the trigger. No eye protection. FAIL!

I'll have to take the blame for player 3, he's my cousin and it was his first day, I had just handed him the gun unloaded and with no battery attached, and it was in the safe zone.

Thanks for the compliment on me and Sniper though;) even though are mags are in too:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

For anyone who hasn't heard - looks like another injection of beefy profit goodness for Activision this November with Modern Warfare 3 on the way.

Full details due to be announced at E3 next month, but here's the 'leak' (aka - advanced marketing primer):

http://kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-warfare-3-files-exclusive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

Also - for those who haven't seen it - check out this little bit of coolness:

Sh1te! Blindness on my part - thought I was posting in the 'Off Topic' thread.
    GRRRR!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Killinator wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliment on me and Sniper though;) even though are mags are in too:D

I'm not a big woodland fan but that sniper/DMR loadout just looks right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Even with his noob mistake your cousin is still the baws in that picture STG44>M4 any day :p

I'm not a big woodland fan but that sniper/DMR loadout just looks right
    Thanks, I feel the Y harness and Alice belt combined with the body armour makes for a nice change from wearing a plate carrier/molle vest.
    Even with his noob mistake your cousin is still the baws in that picture STG44>M4 any day :p
    Careful now:D

Jaysus Puding, looks like you could get a direct line to the white house with those comms:D
    As a fan of Ranger loadouts in general, that looks like it could be really cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Hey Puding what gloves are those in the Flecktarn pictures?

they are standard German combat gloves, there cheap but very well made and comfortable to use http://www.asmc.de/en/Clothing/Men/1-Line-clothing/Gloves/BW-combat-gloves-olivgreen-used-p.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Cheers Puding, I thought they looked familar to the BW surplus gloves I've seen on the German sites. Do ASMC have a €50 minimun order?

as far as i know there is not a min order but the shipping can be rather high for those smaller orders so i generally save up until i have enough to do a larger order with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Great MARSOC loadout Mack. just loose the us flag on the vest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

cheers dude :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Outstanding loadouts MACK, you should pop them up on arnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

cheers fella, have some up on arnies mate, mostly post on zeroin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Red Barn 5/6/11
    Attachment not found.

OORAH Audie.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

@Ronan Keane

Where did you get your knife holster?
    xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

@Ronan Keane

Where did you get your knife Sheath?
    xXx

Mid West Airsoft :)
    http://www.mwairsoft.net/accessories/97-acm-plastic-bayonet-with-sheath-black-.html
    :cool:

whydave wrote: »
    19062011710-1-1.jpg
    After a shave !

WTF?!?
    Why Dave?! Why!!!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

It's a fedora. It's scientificly proven anyone wearing one is cool. Just ask Indy... :p

• Advertisement

Nope - I was referring to the shave (I didn't even notice the hat, so shocked was I by the SHAVE!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

WTF?!?
    Why Dave?! Why!!!?!
    Cause I can and it keeps the sun off my head :)
    the boss made me ! :mad:
    swiftblade wrote: »
    It's a fedora.
    no it's a Akubra bush hat
    It's scientificly proven anyone wearing one is cool. Just ask Indy... :p
    True !!!

I salute you Sir for wearing such a fine hat, but i bet it gets you some weird looks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Pah. A Barmah is a proper workingman's/workingwoman's bush hat. Akubras are for posh people.

Losing the beard takes years off you, Dave. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

bet it gets you some weird looks :D
    As is the norm. for me
    OzCam wrote: »
    Akubras are for posh people.
    your point ! ;)
    Losing the beard takes years off you. :)
    Thank you Sir !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

whydave wrote: »

Thank you Sir !

Inclined to agree with him - I had to do a double take!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Losing the beard takes years off you, Dave. :)

But he puts years on the rest of us. Cover the face please:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72909613&postcount=1070

While it does look very good indeed, very much in keeping with the look & feel of the real steel and no doubt more practical for airsoft, I still think the best look for a PPsh is the round drum mag. The vast majority of PPsh pics I have seen incorporate the drum rather than the curved mag.

Ehh wrong thread I think mark LOL

That is one slick loadout, sliabh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

That is one slick loadout, sliabh. :)
    Thanks, someone had to raise the tone. And the difference of course, is that I make it look gooooooood.

sliabh wrote: »
    Thanks, someone had to raise the tone. And the difference of course, is that I make it look gooooooood.

TBH you kinda look like a priest. A well armed priest... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement