Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

grindle wrote: »
    Because hopefully new entrants will notice that those posters keep ignoring points placed against them and then they can make their own judgements. Maybe I place too much hope in human judgement but I refuse to believe that most people want to be ignorant and deluded. I've done this cynicism-deflection in many other forums about many other subjects over a great period of time.
    I think maintaining a positive sentiment about a clearly positive philosophy helps adoption whatever the case.
    There's one guy around here involved in crypto-speculation at the sidelines who was one of the most ignorant towards one of my other main preoccupations on the internet, yet I haven't seen him post stupid shít since mountains of data started being published. Maybe JohnnyFlush and his ilk will succumb to reality in the same way?

Or maybe they keep screaming "ponzi" while they dream of their properties doubling in value so they can take advantage of the next generation? Who knows?

Well I commend your effort and persistence man. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

grindle wrote: »
    Because hopefully new entrants will notice that those posters keep ignoring points placed against them and then they can make their own judgements. Maybe I place too much hope in human judgement but I refuse to believe that most people want to be ignorant and deluded. I've done this cynicism-deflection in many other forums about many other subjects over a great period of time.
    I think maintaining a positive sentiment about a clearly positive philosophy helps adoption whatever the case.
    There's one guy around here involved in crypto-speculation at the sidelines who was one of the most ignorant towards one of my other main preoccupations on the internet, yet I haven't seen him post stupid shít since mountains of data started being published. Maybe JohnnyFlush and his ilk will succumb to reality in the same way?

Or maybe they keep screaming "ponzi" while they dream of their properties doubling in value so they can take advantage of the next generation? Who knows?

haha, that gave me a laugh, perfectly sums up the attitude of the askaboutmoney.com owner and his cronies - they were banning comments there back in 2005-2006 from people expressing doubt at a permanent growth in property prices, while the owner was making frequent appearances on RTE at the time, saying that Irish banks were the best regulated in the word, and telling people they they'd regret not investing enough money in bank shares in future years.

Of course this guy had invested several million himself in Irish bank shares, but rarely mentioned this.

His current hatred of crytpos seems to stem mainly from the fact that he doesn't have major leverage in the area, unlike his babyboomer era investments. Its similar to the likes of Jamie Dimon's disdain for cryptos, he hates what he can't control.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CryptoReview

We are still only at 50% of the markets all time high. Onwards and upwards 🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    haha, that gave me a laugh, perfectly sums up the attitude of the askaboutmoney.com owner and his cronies - they were banning comments there back in 2005-2006 from people expressing doubt at a permanent growth in property prices, while the owner was making frequent appearances on RTE at the time, saying that Irish banks were the best regulated in the word, and telling people they they'd regret not investing enough money in bank shares in future years.

Of course this guy had invested several million himself in Irish bank shares, but rarely mentioned this.

His current hatred of crytpos seems to stem mainly from the fact that he doesn't have major leverage in the area, unlike his babyboomer era investments. Its similar to the likes of Jamie Dimon's disdain for cryptos, he hates what he can't control.
    It is interesting how we all learn isn't it. Unlike how people in the mid-2000s who were arguing that we were looking at a bubble were shouted down, here the people making the same argument are politely engaged with and their arguments treated seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Jamie Dimon's disdain for cryptos, he hates what he can't control.

He's just calling it out. And he's right. Waffen Buffet the same - they all see the fact there is little financial logic behind the market value of most of these things

Logic has little to do with a market that can drop 50% in a 48 hour period

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    He's just calling it out. And he's right. Waffen Buffet the same - they all see the fact there is little financial logic behind the market value of most of these things

Logic has little to do with a market that can drop 50% in a 48 hour period

Their is Financial logic, having a network that can verify transactions that no-one controls. These transactions can be anything from a simple payment to a smart contract that could do anything from payrolls to financial derivatives. The possibilities are massive, thats why there are so many projects. Yes some are scams, some are legit and yes wild speculation exists. But to think it has no financial logic is naive.
    As for Buffet, he also said Amazon, Alphabet and Bitcoin had no intrinsic value.
    The market cap of all the crypto's combined is still only a fraction of even Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 16,518 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So how do posters feel the market will react to the next round of future expirations?
    Drop?
    Status quo?
    Rise?

I'm betting on a drop, I'm hoping that the whales will be playing both sides of game!
    Locking in their gains from the @$9000 and above futures and then selling into the market and dropping the price.

Well that's the hope for me anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah Im hovering over the sell button for my ETH soon unless BTC starts to move over $10k again, a good run but the longer it holds here the more nervous I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

My BTC/USD price prediction for May 01st:

$9100

My long term outlook is not good however.

449752.jpg

Well, as the clocks struck 00:00 and we entered the summer and the first of May, my prediction was absolutely spot on. It's reassuring to know that my technical analysis skill and my equations have proven to be correct once again.

To those of you who PM'd me to say thank you, you are more than welcome, however I will now only be sharing my prediction privately for a modest fee. A discount applies for members of this forum. To those of you that doubted me, and directed scorn and venom towards me, I forgive you. Hopefully you have learned from your mistake.

My long-term outlook still remains very poor. I would not advise buying or holding BTC in the medium to long term.

It's reassuring to know that my technical analysis skill and my equations have proven to be correct once again.

Did you make money on this?

If so, show us the trade tickets. If not, why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

If so, show us the trade tickets.

Silly request to be fair. I doubt anywone would want to post personal financial details on a public Internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

To those of you who PM'd me to say thank you

PM's from your alternate personality (JohnnyFlash) don't count :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Slideways

Did you make money on this?

If so, show us the trade tickets. If not, why not?

Why would he? Does he need to prove anything to anyone? From what I can see he called a market prediction and was proven to be bang on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Least the dude made a prediction. Some of the other day traders and investors around here didn’t. I think their own technical analysis starts and ends with ‘I hope it goes up’.

Agree with not holding in the medium to long term. Cryptocurrency is starting to crumble at the foundations. Tether and bitfinex to crash, Tron’s pump and dump to be one of the biggest ever, teh EOS madness to come to a halt. If the SEC decide ethereum is a security then game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Slideways wrote: »
    From what I can see he called a market prediction and was proven to be bang on the money
    He was and is making big fat claims. If he is so supremely confident in same then of course he would be backing himself by putting cash money down. Remember the Oracle is now offering his musings as a service for a fee.

It's a guess. He guessed right. Even a stopped clock can be right a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well, as the clocks struck 00:00 and we entered the summer and the first of May, my prediction was absolutely spot on. It's reassuring to know that my technical analysis skill and my equations have proven to be correct once again.

To those of you who PM'd me to say thank you, you are more than welcome, however I will now only be sharing my prediction privately for a modest fee. A discount applies for members of this forum. To those of you that doubted me, and directed scorn and venom towards me, I forgive you. Hopefully you have learned from your mistake.

My long-term outlook still remains very poor. I would not advise buying or holding BTC in the medium to long term.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

449752.jpg

Just curious, were you able to correctly predict the bull run in Dec/Jan?

He was and is making big fat claims. If he is so supremely confident in same then of course he would be backing himself by putting cash money down. Remember the Oracle is now offering his musings as a service for a fee.

It's a guess. He guessed right. Even a stopped clock can be right a couple of times.

What’s your price prediction for the 1st of June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Ill throw my hat in the ring , my predition on 01/06/2018 for BTC is $11k :cool:

Edit: what would be more impressive is to pick an alt coin and make their prediction so ill pick the one im most confident in ETH will be $820

I've made 2 predictions on this thread. On both occasions I was remarkably accurate. I am the only person here who has been willing to put their cock on the block and stand over my technical analyses. The rest of the so-called experts here have stuck to mealy-mouthed fluff about their belief in the core principles etc. Stopped clock. :rolleyes: A bitter and unbecoming response.

I congratulated H0neybadger when he sold his Verge tokens right at the height (mind you, suspiciously he only revealed this after the crash rather than before...). I would have hoped a similar level of camaraderie would have been shown to me after my success.

• Advertisement

Prophets are rarely acknowledged in their own lifetime, Paddy. Don’t let it get to you. You’ve called it right twice now, and you aren’t even a canny ‘day trader’ or crypto ‘investor’.

Anyone looking at the BTC/USD market on GDAX? There’s literally nothing happening. Entire minutes passing with zero trades. There’s nothing organic at all happening in the market. The Tether lads would want to fire up the printers and get some fake dollars into the liquidity pool.

I'm not the one declaring myself to be the Oracle and charging people to impart 'wisdom'. You are...oops, PPL is (or is that the same thing....??)

Prophets are rarely acknowledged in their own lifetime, Paddy. Don’t let it get to you.
    Maybe people here are interested in Profits rather than Prophets complete with their snide remarks....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

I've made 2 predictions on this thread. On both occasions I was remarkably accurate. I am the only person here who has been willing to put their cock on the block and stand over my technical analyses. The rest of the so-called experts here have stuck to mealy-mouthed fluff about their belief in the core principles etc. Stopped clock. :rolleyes: A bitter and unbecoming response.

I congratulated H0neybadger when he sold his Verge tokens right at the height (mind you, suspiciously he only revealed this after the crash rather than before...). I would have hoped a similar level of camaraderie would have been shown to me after my success.

The difference between me and you, is if I’m going to post a prediction, then I would provide info to back up my prediction.

However I never posted one. I merely said I sold my verge coins and what price I got for them.

You guessed your BTC price prediction (I say guessed, as you provided zero info on your lucky 2 predictions)..

It’s hard to take anyone’s word for anything when you say your “technical analysis” lead you to this figure.

I guess time will tell.
    But over the years, many people, popular, not so popular, streamers, youtubers, Redditors and even boards members have made predictions that have all turned out to be pulled straight from their arseholes.

But please, prove me wrong.
    Feel free to send me a PM, I’ll give you my email, my address. Phone number.
    Come meet me. I’m in Ireland this week. Show me your analysis methods. And I’ll put 10BTC on any coin you can clearly show to have researched to increase, or I’ll sell 10BTC and buy back in once your prediction for a price drop is clear. And I’ll give you 50% of my profits from it.

Please, prove me wrong. I would be very happy to see this.

Slideways wrote: »
    Why would he? Does he need to prove anything to anyone? From what I can see he called a market prediction and was proven to be bang on the money

I "predicted" 500 euro Eth by xmas, months before that. Anyone can make predictions.

If someone is actually convinced that their TA can actually predict future prices - they will put money on the line. It's a very big tell when they don't.

e.g. I predict Bitcoin at $9800 on June 1st

If it's correct, I'll be smarmy and boast that my TA is infallible
    If it's close, I'll play it as "close enough" and besides my "other prediction was correct"
    If it's far off I'll blame some extreme market event that my TA didn't "account for"

Seen these "predictions" for years, some have been bang on multiple times - means nothing if they have no skin in the game.

I predict a price of 7600 on the 1at of June. That’s presuming the Tether/Bitifnex scam doesn’t implode, or that Binance aren’t caught being up to funny business. When is that dude in Japan due to sell the next tranche of those MtGox coins?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

mod note:
    Ok, thats enough. If a prediction were made by a supporter of cryptocurrency everyone would be praising their skill. Its made by a sceptic and they are derided.

There is currently no evidence that PPL and JohnnyFlash are the same person. If you believe they are, then lets do it this way, PM me with your proof and if you convince me, I'll ban both of them. If you do not convince me, I ban you.

@Pintman Paddy Losty: if you want to sell a service on Boards we will allow you to put a modest link in your signature (as we have done with others in the past) but please do not advertise unless you want to talk to boards HQ to arrange a rep account. Now you have been informed.

ps. anyone complaining that a boards user will not share their algorithm/analysis data should possibly give any large stockbroker house a ring and ask them to share their formulae and datasets.

The difference between me and you, is if I’m going to post a prediction, then I would provide info to back up my prediction.

However I never posted one. I merely said I sold my verge coins and what price I got for them.

You guessed your BTC price prediction (I say guessed, as you provided zero info on your lucky 2 predictions)..

It’s hard to take anyone’s word for anything when you say your “technical analysis” lead you to this figure.

I guess time will tell.
    But over the years, many people, popular, not so popular, streamers, youtubers, Redditors and even boards members have made predictions that have all turned out to be pulled straight from their arseholes.

But please, prove me wrong.
    Feel free to send me a PM, I’ll give you my email, my address. Phone number.
    Come meet me. I’m in Ireland this week. Show me your analysis methods. And I’ll put 10BTC on any coin you can clearly show to have researched to increase, or I’ll sell 10BTC and buy back in once your prediction for a price drop is clear. And I’ll give you 50% of my profits from it.

Please, prove me wrong. I would be very happy to see this.

I'll gladly share my prediction for a 50% stake in the profits. There's no way I'm parting with my TA data and equation though. It's a complex mixture of game theory, bayesian analysis, sentiment analysis, machine learning, and a good old-fashioned nose for making money. It's too valuable just to share with some random punter on the internet. I've proven its effectiveness two months in a row.

@LoLth Apologies for the advertising, I may contact boards HQ about becoming a verified rep. I've already had a number of queries from people wanting to purchase the next PPL forecast. May need my own Talk To forum at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

I'll gladly share my prediction for a 50% stake in the profits. There's no way I'm parting with my TA data and equation though. It's a complex mixture of game theory, bayesian analysis, sentiment analysis, machine learning, and a good old-fashioned nose for making money. It's too valuable just to share with some random punter on the internet. I've proven its effectiveness two months in a row.

@LoLth Apologies for the advertising, I may contact boards HQ about becoming a verified rep. I've already had a number of queries from people wanting to purchase the next PPL forecast. May need my own Talk To forum at this rate.

2 predictions doesn’t make it infallible. Plenty have done the same, with a lot more results and eventually they got caught wth their pants down.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not looking to buy anything off you.

But the sheer bang of smugness off your post there just makes you seem childish...

Advertisement