Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

The way the Bears offense has played, that could be game.

Impressive drive from Saints and bridgewater.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

9 points is an enormous deficit to claw back for the Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

9 points is an enormous deficit to claw back for the Bears.

To quote John cleese, I can take the despair, it's the hope I can't stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is dreadful. Jesus Christ.

Being destroyed by a decimated Saints team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

aaaaaaand that's bedtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

To be fair to the saints, they're doing everything they can to keep us in it, but we just keep letting them down.

Oat23 wrote:
    Being destroyed by a decimated Saints team.

They're missing a few key pieces, but they built a very talented, deep roster. One of the best in the NFC.

They be a nice benchmark game to measure your team, so they obviously still far away, not to mention the North seems stacked this year. Might be a case on concentrating on performances rather than results for the Bears from here in out. (all that being said, beats could easily go in a run)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The last thing I expected this season was to be turning off a game in the 3rd quarter in week 7, but I can't watch this sh*te anymore tonight. I'd rather have an extra hour of sleep.

Poor spot for the titans, but not challenging, strange given the crucial game situation.

It was terrible execution of a QB sneak by tannehill anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

They're missing a few key pieces, but they built a very talented, deep roster. One of the best in the NFC.

They be a nice benchmark game to measure your team, so they obviously still far away, not to mention the North seems stacked this year. Might be a case on concentrating on performances rather than results for the Bears from here in out. (all that being said, beats could easily go in a run)

Absolutely, well coached and crucially they have the best collection of linemen in football imo. What a smart move it was to keep Bridgewater as well, Brees can come back in to a very comfortable situation when he returns now.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote:
    The last thing I expected this season was to be turning off a game in the 3rd quarter in week 7, but I can't watch this sh*te anymore tonight. I'd rather have an extra hour of sleep.

Don't feel guilty, this is extremely poor effert from the Bears. It could get even further out of hand

Lamar Jackson is like the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Only the fact the eagles are playing on SNF I'd have turned off the bears game. 85 yards total ? Jesus I'm lucky I'm not a Bears fan. That takes effort to be that bad.

That was a generous call for the chargers.

Chargers getting all the breaks. An inexplicable gamble to go for it rather that punt from midfield from the titans.

Now they run a play, called touchdown, clock stops, helping them with time and a non running clock.

Oh dear chargers.... Either time ran out or they fumbled and lost possession... If they get to run another play the titans have been gyped.

Well that's the game in Nashville.

Justice down in Tennessee, but the choice for the Chargers to run twice with only seconds left was hubris. They could have had 3 shots passing the ball.... Even had he not fumbled, time would have expired.

Great win in Seattle for the Ravens. They are a bit inconsistent at the moment, but i didn't think they had it in them.

The little I saw of the game, I wonder are Seattle being too cautious with Russell Wilson... They really seem to be committing to the run, rather than let him do his thing... Maybe a Seattle fan who watches their full games could correct me though.

27 unanswered points from the Saints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Massive win for the Ravens they have all but sewn up a bad division at this stage barring an injury to Lamar Jackson. Got lucky with two defensive scores but you have to take advantage and they did. Metcalf will be devastated with that fumble, he was under no pressure at all and it sealed the win for the Ravens.

From what I saw of the Bears they are no threat this year, while he is not the sole issue Trubisky is just not good enough, boy oh boy what they would give to have that 2017 pick back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cowboys flying early against the Eagles, 21-7 approaching halfway in the second quarter. Eagles giving them plenty of help to that lead it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Great win in Seattle for the Ravens. They are a bit inconsistent at the moment, but i didn't think they had it in them.

The little I saw of the game, I wonder are Seattle being too cautious with Russell Wilson... They really seem to be committing to the run, rather than let him do his thing... Maybe a Seattle fan who watches their full games could correct me though.

That's how Seattle nearly always play (especially over the last 2 years). They focus on the run until they're put in a spot where they have to turn to Wilson, who usually pulls it out. It is why they rarely blow out teams that they should on paper.

I really is a waste of such a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Massive win for the Ravens they have all but sewn up a bad division at this stage barring an injury to Lamar Jackson. Got lucky with two defensive scores but you have to take advantage and they did. Metcalf will be devastated with that fumble, he was under no pressure at all and it sealed the win for the Ravens.

From what I saw of the Bears they are no threat this year, while he is not the sole issue Trubisky is just not good enough, boy oh boy what they would give to have that 2017 pick back.

Picks, they traded up for him...

It had the Bears down as my surprisingly bad team due to my question marks over Trubisky, improved division, and so much going their way last year that doesn't normally hold year to year (defense, turnovers, injuries) but didn't expect them to be this bad, with them coming out of the easier part of their schedule. Could be in a position where they give a very good first round pick to the Raiders, one that could have been a spot where they could have picked up one of the better QBs in a deep class.

I did watch the eagles game last night and feel me ranting about it wouldn't be helpful to the AF forum. The score line needs no more elaboration from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I did watch the eagles game last night and feel me ranting about it wouldn't be helpful to the AF forum. The score line needs no more elaboration from me.

I avoided the score all day today in work and finally caught up with it on game pass. Didn’t really surprise me in the end, was awful stuff by the Eagles again this week. Giving the Cowboys a 14-0 start from two early turnovers obviously didn’t help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Some cool pictures of the Redskins and 49ers playing in the mud yesterday

https://deadspin.com/these-photos-from-a-muddy-49ers-skins-game-are-so-good-1839230728

Brady clinical on the first drive tonight, think he hit five different receivers. Sony Michel finishes it off from the three yardine, 7-0 Patriots.
    Inactives list is Burkhead, Gordon, La Cosse, Izzo, Bennett, Chung and Cunningham.

Pick again for McCourty. Patriots have the ball at the Jets 12.

• Advertisement

Interesting Stat, Jets just went three and out to make it only one successful attempt from 29 on third down.

Advertisement