Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

Does anybody know who the contractors are for the new housing development across from Tesco, Maynooth. Not the Lime Tree Hall development, the new one to the right of it.

See below reply from developer

As the development progresses and gets closer to launching our sales agents will be in touch with you to advise you of the details.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Anthony Neville Homes

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

What are the houses like in newtown hall? seems to be selling well

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    What are the houses like in newtown hall? seems to be selling well

Rented 2 beds back 2013, it was bad builded in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

I had a look at Newtown Hall when they were being built, the developer was releasing them in stages, I had my eye on a 4 bed semi, but until the remaining 3 beds were sold they would open the next stage. So I walked away.

The new ones look well in comparison to Limetree, I think they are a nicer house, the show house had a tiny garden (just like Limetree) but apparently the others have bigger gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Had look at lime tree also and defiently think newtown hall houses were better and better storage. Gardens are small, always wanted big one but think will get over having small garden. Also think newtown houses were nicer than hayfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 happiness10101

Newton hall is probably bigger houses but to be honest being closer to train, carton walkway, Main Street (without Being too close!) ,are major plus factors! Also Newton looks a bit like a maze but Limetree is much smaller development which will make it more attractive I think. Then again people won't like being so close to the tesco petrol pumps either but each to their own !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lornaby

Viewed Moyglare Hall 5 bed semi. Asking price 425K. And this price does not include flooring. Only 3 houses this year were sold this year and couple of appts. Seems me much overpriced now. Foe last couple of years they were selling 5bed semis and detacches for 336K average, 26% is a massive boost in the price for one year only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Not to mention the oversupply in the Maynooth market in 4/5 bed semi's. Problem is EA's are hiking prices 50/60k every few months. Think they're just competing to get the sale.

Take a 4 bed detached that just sold in Moyglare Abbey. A nice house, asked 440k and sold for 435k per register:
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-moyglare-abbey-maynooth-kildare/3574451

It took 3months to sell approx. Needed some work but you could move in straight away.

How is this house worth 90k more at 525k? Smaller and 200m from train station (is that really a good thing?)

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-silken-vale-maynooth-kildare/3731051

Or this one at 489k?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/8-moyglare-meadows-maynooth-co-kildare/3618087

Personally, the Moyglare Abbey one is preferrable to me. They were all the same size more or less. Better room to extend in Moyglare and a nicer estate. I have the feeling Moyglare Meadows will be overlooked by college apartments in the future.

And, if you want to see further overpricing, check out Parsons Hall. 595k and 670k...last July one sold at 575k(2015). The two on sale now require at least 100k work to modernise and insulate. These houses are ice boxes with terrible plumming and electrics. Trust me!

Meanwhile, you have Moyglare Hall, Hayfield, Newtown Hall, Limetree and the new estate out Leixlip road. Loads of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

525k for a house in Silken Vale is madness! I personally think the new builds are not worth the price either, most of them have postage stamp gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 11 filemoon

Hi.

Do you have any update about new Moyglare Hall phase?
    Today Coonan says new phase is postpone until Summer 2017.
    I've tried to contact North City Builders but they phone number is not answering and Moyglare webpage is also down (h t t p : / / moyglarehall . com).

Regards Chris

• Advertisement

Are you sure North City are doing next phase, there are a couple of builders?

My understanding, and open to correction, is the final phase cannot be completed until the Ring Road is built as part of Planning. This could be BS though.

Maybe, the deal is they can't build until current phase is complete buy other builder? I'm not sure, from looking at it, exactly what is left to be built. The showhouse road?

Hi.

I'm not sure who the builder is.

They will be much more houses to build there :)

They change the plans, as they expect run another phase now (4x5det, 4x4semi + ...).

Is there any chance go to the source as Coonas are not very good to share what is gooing on (they told me they have planning issue). Do we know who the source is?

I will not recommend Hayfield as is to close to Motorway (noisy).

You could go down to the current site and ask to speak to the foreman. They may be able to tell you future plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

ixus wrote: »
    Are you sure North City are doing next phase, there are a couple of builders?

My understanding, and open to correction, is the final phase cannot be completed until the Ring Road is built as part of Planning. This could be BS though.

Maybe, the deal is they can't build until current phase is complete buy other builder? I'm not sure, from looking at it, exactly what is left to be built. The showhouse road?

From An Bord Pleanála:
    25. (1) The proposed development shall be phased.
    (2) Only house numbers 1-22 the Avenue and numbers 1-12 the
    Vale and the creche in The Dale shall be occupied until the
    Proposed Outer Relief Road (identified as the Distributor Road
    on Register Reference 02/2491/An Bord Pleanala reference PL
    09.206437) has been completed to the county boundary to the
    satisfaction of the planning authority.
    (3) The remainder of the development shall not be occupied until
    the Proposed Outer Relief Road has been completed to the
    county boundary to the satisfaction of the planning authority.
    Reason: In the interest of orderly development, traffic safety and to
    comply with the policies and objectives set out in the Maynooth Local
    Area Plan 2013 and having regard to the planning history of the overall
    landholding, of which the application site forms part, and which
    included a condition attached to planning register reference number
    02/2491, An Bord Pleanála reference number PL 09.206437 that the
    Proposed Outer Relief Road (identified as the Distributor Road as per
    planning register reference number 02/2491) would be completed to
    the county boundary prior to the occupation of the final phase of the
    development.

Mycete Homes are the other builder.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

"completed to the county boundary" = nowhere near actually done, its actually only maybe 200m more of the stub that's already there. The ringroad needs to run through Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I seem to recall that Meath have approved their part of the ring road but open to correction on that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Orion wrote: »
    I seem to recall that Meath have approved their part of the ring road but open to correction on that.

Its approved but it relies on developer funding/construction which is not guaranteed.

Thank you for update.

Regards Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Lastblackdog

In the new housing development (opposite the garden centre on the Dublin road) the contractor has dug a very large and deep pit not far from the main entrance.

Anyone have any idea what this is for? Never seen this done before.

It is big enough and deep enough to bury a couple of large JCB's!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭secman

In the new housing development (opposite the garden centre on the Dublin road) the contractor has dug a very large and deep pit not far from the main entrance.

It's for the subcontractors, builders like to bury them :)

• Advertisement

Hi.

I'm just thinking about this estate but prices and plans are not available yet.
    They told me they should be on market soon (1-2 months) - but I have no more details.

Surface water attenuation tank I'd imagine. By covering that much ground in concrete you massively reduce its percolation capabilities and to avoid causing local flooding when it rains you need to hold surface water and release it at a more measured rate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The lack of areas zones for something other than residential in maynooth is alarming. Anyone moving there should take into consideration the whole town is going to be mainly a car park in about 4 years time.

Does the lack of designated green spaces worry buyers?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

lordgoat wrote: »
    The lack of areas zones for something other than residential in maynooth is alarming. Anyone moving there should take into consideration the whole town is going to be mainly a car park in about 4 years time.

Does the lack of designated green spaces worry buyers?

It worries me. We bought two years ago in an older estate in Maynooth and the amount of new housing estates going up is alarming.

There hasn't been anything done to tackle the traffic congestion in the town and the only forward planning seems to be to stuff as many houses in as possible.

The town didn't have much green space to begin with but soon there'll be none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Traffic situation is a joke, take Hayfield as an example, it adds traffic to an already congested road, the solution could have been to have Hayfield exit at the Lidl lights, instead they join the already big queue of traffic.

However, part of Hayfield's planning was the developer was to install lights before anyone moved in. The developer has apparently paid the money to Kildare Co Co, but, they haven't bothered to put in the lights because they were having a look at traffic management in the town.

So they did the survey (when the students were away) and used "complex maths" to allow for the adjustment to the traffic survey to allow for this. Where's the lights at the junction? Nowhere. What has happened to the funds the developer paid the Co Co?

The only solution to the Maynooth traffic congestion is a second motorway exit at the Kilcock side to allow the college traffic avoid the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Just what Maynooth needs - another set of traffic lights!

Kildare CoCo are a joke. They destroyed the junction at Maxol going to Celbridge and now thery're digging up the road at the train station even though there's potholes you could swim in just up past the Lidl junction.

From what I can see there's absolutely no logic to anything they do.

"Just what Maynooth needs - another set of traffic lights!" - I'm not sure more lights will solve the traffic issue.

I think we are need another entrance/exit to M4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

filemoon wrote: »
    "Just what Maynooth needs - another set of traffic lights!" - I'm not sure more lights will solve the traffic issue.

I think we are need another entrance/exit to M4.

That's what Alice meant I think. FTI - a new pedestrian light is going in between Silkenvale and the train station too. That will bring the number of lights from Maxol to the college to 10 - ludicrous. 5 between Maxol and Main Street ffs.

• Advertisement

And now we have Water maintenance works on the Dublin and Dunboyne road for the next 3wks. LOL.

Two major routes with road works for extended periods of time during the busiest period for schools and the University. Nothing done in the Summer.

Also, I've confirmed with builder in Moyglare Hall they can't complete until that Ring Road section is done. Cairn will probably be finshed by then! This also means no, much needed, pedestrian entrance on the Moyglare Rd cutting walking time by 20/30mins and reducing traffic into the town....

Can't wait for this Traffic Management Plan, due in October..

Advertisement