Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Hi all,

Maybe a silly question, but I don't know from where to get the correct answers...
    We recently got our keys in the bailey. The plan is to change the energy/gas suplier into our names, so I have emailed DNG for details, and their answer is that I have to contact electricity & gas suppliers that currently supply the property. They will request a meter reading of the gas and electricity and also the GPRN number of the gas meter and the MPRN number of the electricity meter.
    But of course, at this stage I don't have those numbers. How did you guys handled all this, who should provide those details? I did contact the ESB and GNI in relation to the transfer, but they ask the exact same numbers, so I am in a loop at this stage, sent another email to DNG hopefully they will come back soon.

On another note, does anyone know a good tiler to reccomend? :)

Thanks,
    Alex

Hi Alex, as far as I remember those numbers are on the meters

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alexlazarciuc

Hi Alex, as far as I remember those numbers are on the meters

Hi Barry,

Do you think for electricity is the one with RM code? (see attached.)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Hi Barry,

I would say that's it, my MPRN is eleven digits long so that looks right. My GPRN is seven digits long. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Robbo1925

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Alex

Hi Alex, we used a tiling company based in Dublin, found them on adverts.ie - heritage tiling company Ltd. We’re delighted with the job they did and have had a few tradesmen in since who have also commented on the standard of the job. We were lucky enough to get an appointment at fairly short notice and they completed the job in great time. Really tidy, very little wastage on tiles, and really competitive priced compared to some of the other quotes we received!
    http://www.theheritagetilingco.ie/
    https://touch.adverts.ie/tradesmen/the-heritage-tiling-co-ltd/3585120

Robbo1925 wrote: »
    Hi Alex, we used a tiling company based in Dublin, found them on adverts.ie - heritage tiling company Ltd. We’re delighted with the job they did and have had a few tradesmen in since who have also commented on the standard of the job. We were lucky enough to get an appointment at fairly short notice and they completed the job in great time. Really tidy, very little wastage on tiles, and really competitive priced compared to some of the other quotes we received!
    http://www.theheritagetilingco.ie/
    https://touch.adverts.ie/tradesmen/the-heritage-tiling-co-ltd/3585120

Hey Robbo1925

I'm just wondering how they managed to handle the skirting boards, did they had to remove them firstly? I am just concern if they could be damaged..?

I had the laminate installed in the bedrooms and the company that did the work they removed them and put them back in place without a single scratch, which was amazing. Very happy about the end result.

Thanks,
    Alex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Robbo1925

We removed the skirting boards ourselves which definitely wasn’t easy. They fit us in at short notice and were on a tight schedule so we tried having the rooms ready for them. Not sure if it’s something they’d do/offer but no harm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hi all,

Maybe a silly question, but I don't know from where to get the correct answers...
    We recently got our keys in the bailey. The plan is to change the energy/gas suplier into our names, so I have emailed DNG for details, and their answer is that I have to contact electricity & gas suppliers that currently supply the property. They will request a meter reading of the gas and electricity and also the GPRN number of the gas meter and the MPRN number of the electricity meter.
    But of course, at this stage I don't have those numbers. How did you guys handled all this, who should provide those details? I did contact the ESB and GNI in relation to the transfer, but they ask the exact same numbers, so I am in a loop at this stage, sent another email to DNG hopefully they will come back soon.

Thanks,
    Alex

I was moving my account to the new house and needed both my GPRN and MPRN for the move in the same way you do. I asked DNG about this and they said it "should be in the handover pack". The pack which we never got. I believe a load of people have not got these yet either.

I ended up emailing DNG again about it and the fact there is no handover pack. I put it in a way to them that I'm happy if they wish to continue to pay my electricity and gas until I get the numbers off them.

They just emailed me back the numbers.

I'm sure they are getting inundated with requests because they are dropping the ball on the small stuff. Being hard with them seems to get things done.

Sparky wrote: »
    I was moving my account to the new house and needed both my GPRN and MPRN for the move in the same way you do. I asked DNG about this and they said it "should be in the handover pack". The pack which we never got. I believe a load of people have not got these yet either.

I ended up emailing DNG again about it and the fact there is no handover pack. I put it in a way to them that I'm happy if they wish to continue to pay my electricity and gas until I get the numbers off them.

They just emailed me back the numbers.

I'm sure they are getting inundated with requests because they are dropping the ball on the small stuff. Being hard with them seems to get things done.

Yeah, I need to admit that DNG don’t care in fairness.
    Sorted everything by contacting ESB and Gas Network Ireland.
    Same on our end, no handover pack..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Yeah, I need to admit that DNG don’t care in fairness.
    Sorted everything by contacting ESB and Gas Network Ireland.
    Same on our end, no handover pack..

Handover pack? Never heard of one!

We rang ESB Networks when we moved in to get the number - just gave the address and Bord Gais for the gas one. Gave numbers and meter readings to our chosen supplier, very painless actually. Never thought of contacting DNG!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Hi Barry,

I don't think we were able to connect with that but ESB gave the number we needed when I gave them that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Rhaegar

Hey Robbo1925

I'm just wondering how they managed to handle the skirting boards, did they had to remove them firstly? I am just concern if they could be damaged..?

I had the laminate installed in the bedrooms and the company that did the work they removed them and put them back in place without a single scratch, which was amazing. Very happy about the end result.

Thanks,
    Alex

Hey Alex, I was anxious about taking the skirting off without damage too, it actually ended up fine. I done the whole house in about two hours. I got a tool in B&Q, like a mini-crowbar, that made it super handy. You're welcome to have a lend of it if you like

Miss Spelt wrote: »
    I don't think we were able to connect with that but ESB gave the number we needed when I gave them that one.

Thanks for reply. Got the numbers by contacting ESB and GNI

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KELLY818

Hi Everyone,

We are hoping to put a booking deposit down on a house in Castle Farm very soon. Can anybody recommend a good local solicitor that they have used for conveyancing?

We are completely lost as to where to go ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Has anyone heard from the developer when the crèche is going to be built at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from the developer when the crèche is going to be built at the front?

Anyone? No sign and all plant looks to have left site now. Crazy that they can include this in plans and not build it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Anyone? No sign and all plant looks to have left site now. Crazy that they can include this in plans and not build it.

They do it to ensure they get planning permission. I doubt they ever intended on putting a creche in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

jrosen wrote: »
    They do it to ensure they get planning permission. I doubt they ever intended on putting a creche in.

They tried to change planning to 6 houses but were strongly refused by planners (20th June).

All developers pay a development bond and the development must be carried out as per the planning or this bond is called on. For a development the size of castle farm, the bond would be well in excess of €1m.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Locoparentis

Hi All,

Myself and my partner are looking at a house in Castle Farm. Curious to know what people make of the estate now that it is a couple of years old. Anything of note that would be good to know? We noticed it seemed quiet enough when we viewed which was good. Curious to know if anyone commutes into Dublin using public transport from Castle Farm and if so what has your experience been like?

Advertisement