Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi or Lidl

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

We have the choice of Lidl, Aldi, Dunnes and SuperValu. Its Lidl for most things and a few things we can't get there in Dunnes.

I really hate Aldi with a passion. There up market ranges are very good but I find their everyday cheap stuff to be very poor quality. Where you can compare like with like (Aldi and Lidl obviously share the same suppliers for some of their stuff) I often find the Aldi version not as good. There is also something I find soul destroying about Aldi stores, possibly the colour schemes they use for their goods, shop layout and lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Lidl is more complete than Aldi...but ill still get items in Aldi...i find lidl stores better run, items are always in stock and shelves arent a mess.
    My overall shopping is something like this:
    50% Dunnes 20% lidl 10%tesco 10% aldi and 10% JC's supermarket
    Were a well served area.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Advertisement