Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good excuse not to attend interview tomorrow morning

Options
  • 09-11-2018 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I applied for a job a little while back when things weren't so great at my workplace. However things have since resolved and are now better.

The interview is tomorrow morning and I am stuck in a tricky situation.

If I got offered the job, I know I am not going to take it.

Without going into too much detail, I don't want to burn my bridges as they are very local and the boss of this company is well connected to other people in the industry, so I don't want to refuse the interview or the job, as it will impact on my future if I wanted to move company again.

I don't want to look fickle (before anyone says it, I know I am) or look like I am messing them around (again I know that I am a bit) how can I save face and my reputation?

At this stage I and my thinking of calling in sick tomorrow, and hopefully they don't offer to reschedule the interview...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Just contact them and say your circumstances have now changed and you are no longer looking for a new position at present, apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How about an almost true call, saying thanks for the opportunity but my situation in my current roll has taken an unexpected turn that really excites me. Then more thanks and an apology for wasting their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Just go to the interview and if you get offered the job tell them you’re taking another offer. They’ll understand that as it happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Go to the interview. Do your best. Worry later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Sure go anyway, at least it’s another option anyway and your branching out your career chances.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

As you already have a thread running in the Work and Jobs forum here, I'm closing this down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement