Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIT ICTAP - yes or no

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kirius

Throwaway to protect the innocent (or guilty).

I'm part of the first run which is due to end in May, so no-one would have officially completed it yet.
    One person from software was hired already by their company, I'm reasonable confident of getting a job. I've heard a few from the initial systems stream were hired, but I can't verify that.

If anyone has any questions about the course, feel free to PM me, but leave a comment here to that effect, this isn't my regular account and I don't check it except to respond to ICTAP questions, I'll follow this thread with my regular account so I can get a notification. Sorry to whoever pm'd me 5 months ago :(

Hi scaldy_balls, I just sent you a PM, please get back to me when you see it. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scaldy_balls

replied

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dess33

Throwaway to protect the innocent (or guilty).

I'm part of the first run which is due to end in May, so no-one would have officially completed it yet.
    One person from software was hired already by their company, I'm reasonable confident of getting a job. I've heard a few from the initial systems stream were hired, but I can't verify that.

If anyone has any questions about the course, feel free to PM me, but leave a comment here to that effect, this isn't my regular account and I don't check it except to respond to ICTAP questions, I'll follow this thread with my regular account so I can get a notification. Sorry to whoever pm'd me 5 months ago :(

Hey man, Im taking on the aptitude test soon for ICT/ fit program, What was the test based on as im trying best to prepare myself for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scaldy_balls

Hey, I posted this before, may be of some help:
    It was two years ago, so my memory of it isn't too fresh, but I can only remember three parts.
    One was reading comprehension: read a paragraph and answer questions on it, things like that; one was maths: simple enough as far as I remember multiply, divide, add, I don't think it was too complex.

The only bit that was in any way complicated was diagrammatic reasoning. I can't really remember how it went.

I've attached an image of what it looked like, but there's no explanation. I think the circle means change the attribute indicated (there are three pairs, orange-green, diamond-triangle and big-small) and square means compare it against the other shape on the left (small green triangle in this case)

So if I remember correct, big orange triangle becomes big orange diamond after the first step, then you compare size (it's a different size so follow N), then change the size and colour (it becomes a small green diamond) then you compare colour (both are green so follow Y).

The final shape is small green diamond.

Sorry for the terrible explanation, here's the link for the site that image is from, unfortunately they want to charge £40 for practice tests.

It's not too complicated, it's just that it required more thinking than the other parts I remember.

diagrammatic-reasoning-big-4.png

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104122450&postcount=19.

It's not great, unfortunately. and it was 4 years ago so it may have changed.

Maybe try googling diagramatic reasoning and looking ant any examples or doing any free tests you can find. It might not be exactly the same, but it's just testing your loigic.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

Hi.
    Is there anyone here that has completed the network engineer apprenticeship program that I could ask a few questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RoadRunner2000

liv1892 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Is there anyone here that has completed the network engineer apprenticeship program that I could ask a few questions?

Not sure about the networking apprenticeship, researched the software development one more.

Just FYI, there is a free networking course on ecollege that is really good (ecollege is letting people take 1 course due to COVID). Its purpose to prepare for the Networking Fundamentals 98-366 exam. There is an option for home proctored exam at the moment.

Advertisement