Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

dajaffa wrote: »
    Picked up this last week which has a month of each for €25 (guessing new customers only)

https://www.did.ie/now-tv-roi-stick-sports-bundle-black-16738-16738-prd

These are stackable. Just added a 2nd one to my a/c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Where are ye still buying the sticks lad? As previously mentioned DID electrical are a nightmare with click and collect / delivery and Harvey Norman don’t appear to have them anymore

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Where are ye still buying the sticks lad? As previously mentioned DID electrical are a nightmare with click and collect / delivery and Harvey Norman don’t appear to have them anymore

I got 5 for click and collect for did , Took a few days and a phone call to customer service but all good

The blanch one was a nightmare. Do you think the offer on those sticks will last 5 months to do you to the end of the year? I’d like to do the same but afraid the offer will become obsolete and you’ve a stick that you’ll have to pay full price on?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

TimHorton wrote: »
    I got 5 for click and collect for did , Took a few days and a phone call to customer service but all good

I bought a few sticks from DID as well, but I'm hoping to save them for a while before use. Do you know how long it is before they expire?

• Advertisement

The blanch one was a nightmare. Do you think the offer on those sticks will last 5 months to do you to the end of the year? I’d like to do the same but afraid the offer will become obsolete and you’ve a stick that you’ll have to pay full price on?

Well I have used 2 and its has stacked so far ,I have added them to an existing a/c . When you connect the stick the first screen shows a code and a URL to enter it on via a PC or Mobile , I used a PC logged into my Now TV a/c and as soon as the second one was added the online portal updated to say my passes were valid until August 16th, I will add a 3rd next week and I expect viewing to extend to Sept 16th.

I bought 3 of these, first stick worked fine.

I assumed maybe because I bought 3 sticks it would just roll on. Got a nasty surprise when i checked my bank today, was charged 34,99 for sports extra pass and circa 30 something else for sports pass.

I am considering ringing NOWTV up (although they only have a messaging or chat service?) To explain to see if i can get any joy.

That shouldn't have happened? I bought a s tick with both sports passes on which worked for the first month, there were absolutely no T's & C's or small print to warn that after the month expired there would be charges for the month following unless you cancelled.

My own fault for not checking on the account, but I'm hoping when I plug the 2nd stick in tonight I'll get ot watch the champions league semi

On a side note: is this deal still running or now gone? got mine in power city

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭eprndrgst

I assumed maybe because I bought 3 sticks it would just roll on. Got a nasty surprise when i checked my bank today, was charged 34,99 for sports extra pass and circa 30 something else for sports pass.

I am considering ringing NOWTV up (although they only have a messaging or chat service?) To explain to see if i can get any joy.

That shouldn't have happened? I bought a s tick with both sports passes on which worked for the first month, there were absolutely no T's & C's or small print to warn that after the month expired there would be charges for the month following unless you cancelled.

My own fault for not checking on the account, but I'm hoping when I plug the 2nd stick in tonight I'll get ot watch the champions league semi

Hi
    If you cancel sky sports or any package on Now TV follow the links to cancel the whole way and they will offer you the package you want at a reduced rate for 3 months.
    I’ve been doing this for years and don’t pay anymore than 9€ a month for entertainment and 9€ for movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

The package the stick comes in does clearly state on the back of it that it automatically renews at the full price when the free month is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Hopefully a similar deal will be ran for the start of the PL season. I set a reminder on my phone to cancel the previous subs before the exorbitant full price kicked in. Didn't offer much of a discount when I cancelled either.

• Advertisement

I have now added 3 to my account, I setup a new stick each month and during initial setup of stick each month I used the original a/c and it stacked fine , The sports and sports extra packs acted differently as one added itself as a voucher that I had to activate.

eprndrgst wrote: »
    Hi
    If you cancel sky sports or any package on Now TV follow the links to cancel the whole way and they will offer you the package you want at a reduced rate for 3 months.
    I’ve been doing this for years and don’t pay anymore than 9€ a month for entertainment and 9€ for movies.

How did you think offers on stick 2 and 3 would be added to your a/c ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

New customers only

Sky Sports Pass & Sports Extra Pass on NOW TV:

€36.50pm for the first 3 months. Cancel anytime.

Sky Sports only: €19.50 per month for three months

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just ordered as an existing customer, my 6 months ran out a week or so back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Can you pause a stream on Now TV or record something to watch later? Or does everything have to be viewed live? And what is the quality of the stream like, HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Can you pause a stream on Now TV or record something to watch later? Or does everything have to be viewed live? And what is the quality of the stream like, HD?

Can't pause or record. No catch up option on sports i dont think although I could be wrong on that.

IT's HD, but not fantastic quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Can't pause or record. No catch up option on sports i dont think although I could be wrong on that.

IT's HD, but not fantastic quality.

No pause or catch up I’m afraid. You could record the TV screen with your phone if you are out and missing the football but obviously that’s a hassle :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

New customers only

Sky Sports Pass & Sports Extra Pass on NOW TV:

€36.50pm for the first 3 months. Cancel anytime.

Sky Sports only: €19.50 per month for three months

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview
    As an existing customer, was able to add Extra to my Sky Sports for 17 p/m.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Just got an email offer for 2 months Sky sports pass for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Balls, signed up to the 19.50 3 month offer this morning and just got the 30 euro offer there into my inbox

• Advertisement

NowTV Sticks are now 29.99 in DID and come with Both Sports Packs , So All SKY/BT and Premier Sports Channels. These are stackable as I am on Month 3 using them on the same a/c . Just activate a new stick during the month and it adds a month on to existing pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They always seem to roll out offers on the brink of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Was in my local Tesco earlier and they had now tv sticks for €30 with sports pack on the label on the shelf but it has entertainment pass written on the box so didn't want to take a chance.
    No interest in the entertainment pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

NowTV Sticks are now 29.99 in DID and come with Both Sports Packs , So All SKY/BT and Premier Sports Channels. These are stackable as I am on Month 3 using them on the same a/c . Just activate a new stick during the month and it adds a month on to existing pass.

So if you buy 12 sticks you've got a year's worth?

So if you buy 12 sticks you've got a year's worth?

Yes , 360 for 12 months is not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

If your just getting it for the soccer just buy 9 so you are covered for the season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Ya, but you buy 12 sticks?
    Am I reading that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

Got that voucher too and went for it, very good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

I already have a now tv stick and account, if I buy another stick for my dad can I use my login on it and will he be able to watch content from his house or would I be better registering a new account for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

ooter wrote: »
    I already have a now tv stick and account, if I buy another stick for my dad can I use my login on it and will he be able to watch content from his house or would I be better registering a new account for him?

I'm sure you can use the one account on 2 TV's at the same time

Advertisement