Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but does anyone know is the Sky Sports with NOW TV in HD?

Have Sky Sports with Eir and don't think it is HD but open to correction here.

Got a HD TV over the weekend so just want to make best use of it so ordered in HD channels from Eir and it seems BT sport channels much higher quality than Sky Sports ones, Eir only seems to have the one lot of Sky Sports channels whereas BT have specific HD channels. Maybe somebody could confirm if this is the case!
    No, it's 720p. NOW TV offers UK subscribers a HD booster at an additional charge but nada to Irish subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Quackster wrote: »
    No, it's 720p. NOW TV offers UK subscribers a HD booster at an additional charge but nada to Irish subscribers.

Stuff looks very clear on our NOW TV stick say on RTE Player for example but that is still only 720p so too.

Not been able to get Sky Sports in HD seems strange but anyway won't worry too much about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Are all their stations only 720? I knew their Sports were, and I was thinking getting movies over Christmas it would be a good, but if it's only 720 it's a bit poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Is it possble to do a family account on Nowtv?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

ebayissues wrote: »
    Is it possble to do a family account on Nowtv?

You should share a login with another person and go halves. That’s what I do. You can stream on two devices at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

FourFourFM wrote: »
    You should share a login with another person and go halves. That’s what I do. You can stream on two devices at a time.

A lot of people here do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

A lot of people here do that.

Anyone up for doing this Pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Quackster wrote: »

It should be pointed out that this additional charge is £3 a month and gives you access to streaming on a third device

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

It should be pointed out that this additional charge is £3 a month and gives you access to streaming on a third device

Not relevant here in ROI

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Not relevant here in ROI

Yep... I'm simply pointing out how the UK get a better deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Damn, my sports passes end today and surprise surpise that 50% off sport pass deal has ended in the last day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭agoodusername

2 for the price of one until the 31st on both sports passes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Only available on Entertainment/Cinema for me

Edit: nevermind, doesn't show the offer until you actually click the 'choose pass' button

Edit 2: Signed up for it, only given one month for the price... Will have to get onto support I guess

Edit 3: Onto their chat support, agent hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about, this is going well

Edit 4: 20 minutes later on the chat and in the end what they are doing is giving me a code for the month that I can apply when the current month runs out, holy **** I've no idea why their support is this bad or it's such an awkward issue to fix

Edit 5: For anyone wanting to sign up for the sports pass, do it from this page https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-sports-extra rather than using the Shop link from the 'passes & vouchers' screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭ooter

Seen sticks in Lidl yesterday for €30 with 1 month sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Just bought the now tv stick and 1 months sky sports as an Xmas present. I wanted to buy the 2 months for €39 but that starts immediately, which wouldn't be ideal. I went on the live chat and they said to buy a gift card instead. Don't see them available anywhere, are they available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Two months for €60 available now, just signed up myself. Handy for anyone who was on the 3 month deal that just expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

Two months for €60 available now, just signed up myself. Handy for anyone who was on the 3 month deal that just expired.

Which pass is that. Don't see any sports pass with 2 months for 60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Which pass is that. Don't see any sports pass with 2 months for 60

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/shopbundles

Handy as that would cover for the 2 pool stages for the European rugby

Harvey Norman have the Now TV sticks with one months Sports & Sports Extra for €29 .
    They are labelled €59 but scan out at €29 as priced on website .
    Just got a few of them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Which is best if I wanna watch EPL. Sky Sports or Sky Sports Extra on Now TV?

Am I required to buy both. I may be wrong not all match are streamed on sky sports extra specially matches between big teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

pandaa wrote: »
    Which is best if I wanna watch EPL and Champions League. Sky Sports or Sky Sports Extra on Now TV?

Am I required to buy both. I may be wrong not all match are streamed on sky sports extra specially matches between big teams?
    Sky Sports don't show any Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Sorry, ignore CL as I can watch it on Virgin Sports Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

pandaa wrote: »
    Sorry, ignore CL as I can watch it on Virgin Sports Pass.

For Prem then the best thing is to look up the Scheduled matches on sky and Bt for the length of your pass and work out if you require both or one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sky sports extra package has all the BT channels so all the champions league

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My Sky Sports pass ran out yesterday and I was scrambling around to get something sorted - just not at full price.

Nothing official from NowTV, Groupon, or the usual sources but I ran across this offer related to Sony TVs that didn't require anything specific to avail of it.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sony

You can get 2 months for the price of 1, on one or both sports channels (Sky and Extra). Given the busy season for football, I paid €60 for everything for 2 months. (Half price, basically.)

Might be useful for someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Dades wrote: »
    My Sky Sports pass ran out yesterday and I was scrambling around to get something sorted - just not at full price.

Nothing official from NowTV, Groupon, or the usual sources but I ran across this offer related to Sony TVs that didn't require anything specific to avail of it.

You can get 2 months for the price of 1, on one or both sports channels (Sky and Extra). Given the busy season for football, I paid €60 for everything for 2 months. (Half price, basically.)

Thanks for sharing this - i'm trying to buy a now tv giftcard as a present - anyone know where i would pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

You little beauty!!!!

3 x Heineken Cup matches coming up and now I can watch them in perfect quality - and at half price!

Thank you very much indeed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ollin

Excellent, thanks for that.

• Advertisement

blindsider wrote: »
    You little beauty!!!!

3 x Heineken Cup matches coming up and now I can watch them in perfect quality - and at half price!

Thank you very much indeed!!!

Share the login with someone else and you'll get it for half that again .

Advertisement