Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

I'm grateful for.....

• 01-10-2015 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

I thought this was the right place for a gratitude thread. :) I guess I'll start already. I'm grateful for:

- Life. I'm glad to be here. Sometimes it's rough but the rough patches are worth it because when it's great it's really great. <3

- My family. My beautiful sisters. My cousins. My aunts. My uncles. My stepdad.

- My deceased relatives who meant a lot to me. I'm glad for the time I got to spend with them.

- My wonderful friends. When you go through tough times you quickly realise who these people are. The laughter and joy my friends have brought into my life is immeasurable. The support I had from them when I was going through absolute hell was just phenomenal. I will always feel indebted to them for that.

- My health. Being able to hear, see, smell, taste and touch. Being able to get of bed in the morning. Being able to exercise and play sports.

- My housemates. I've lived with some nuts, it's so nice to have nice housemates. I love being able to come home and just chill in the communal areas of the house instead of being stuck in my room avoiding the people I live with.

- The adorable doggy that I live with. <3 He's brought a lot of sunshine into my life.

- Being able to support myself. I may not be rolling in it but I get by.

- Being able to drive and get from A to B.

When I think of more I'll put them up. There's so many things in life to be grateful for.

Happy Thursday beautiful people. Tell me what you're grateful for. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My parents - two best people in the world. Supportive, non-judgmental, loving and kind, don't try to live their dreams vicariously through their children, and as I've got older have become more like friends.

My dog - sometimes (usually) coming home to her is the best part of the day

My job - may not always like it, but a guaranteed wage means I can do so much - pay my college fees, help my parents with their mortgage, and even though I am not loaded, being able to buy a cheapy bottle of wine on a Tuesday just for the sake of it, or a toy for my dog, without having to be accountable for it - the freedom of having choices I guess.

My few close friends - worth more than a million acquaintances

My health! I can see, hear, walk around unaided. A privilege denied to many.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

My amazing parents, my amazing husband and my son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'm grateful for...

my happy marriage to a kind, devoted husband.
    my healthy intelligent grownup children.
    the lovely county I live in, with seaside walks and hills to climb.
    Good neighbours that are cheerful and obliging without being intrusive.
    Having a home of our own and plenty to eat.
    The internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

katemarch wrote:
    The internet.

I wouldn't be able to function without it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Lumps Bumps n Blues

The hedgehogs that come in the middle of the night to feast on the cat food I leave for them outside the front door. My pets. Nature.

My five senses, all in working order, to be able to enjoy what's around me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Lumps Bumps n Blues

A roof over my head; a warm, comfortable bed; food on the table and enough money to pay my bills; living in a part of the world that is not at war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cadesin

Great friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am grateful to be me. I am far from perfect, but been me is still pretty deadly. Grateful and lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I am grateful for:
    - Friends
    - having a job
    - yummy food :)
    - family
    - Christmas
    - snow :pac:
    - my bed
    - having a home
    - living in a peaceful country (well, when you look at other countries around the world!)
    - music
    - my generally good physical health :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I am grateful for waking up every morning! Gonna be a sad morning (for me anyway) when I don't!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

For my friends, new, old and ancient :D They are epic.

For my job that allows me so much travelling

The wonderful Internet.

That I always have such good sleep and a safe warm place to live. Its something I'll never take for granted.

A sense of peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Just today I was "counting my blessings" and in a bit of awe at how lucky I/we are to live to an age where things make sense in a way they didn't years before. Not maturity so much as grace, suddenly I just "got it". Too many don't get the chance for things to be revealed.
    Sounds weird but I just felt this big burst of gratitude, gave a bit of a buzz that hasn't worn off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

I am grateful for my family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Right now, coco pops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

A friend I thought I lost........to a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Daisy78

My health

good friends... old and new

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

My family :)

cute new smilies on new boards

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

People that surround me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The gift of life itself.

My three "new" cats, who have come to console me after losing my dog and cat recently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jelly_be

for my family and my beau 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭worded

A sexy bum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The chance to learn something new and interesting.

waking around 9.30 pm last night to total and utter deep silence after the auditory ravages of Storm Hannah.... Bliss... a time to rest and heal

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I’m grateful for my psychotherapist, who has done great work with me these past few months and who I’ve developed a very trusting relationship with. She’s worth her weight in gold. I’m also grateful for me, finally taking the step to get counselling after a traumatic experience nearly ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A sweet friend I had the pleasure of knowing ...for too short a time... whom I shall always remember.

My bed and the roof that shelters when I am as ill as now. my hands that still knit.. food in the house and birds that sing at the windows.. the cuckoo that reminds that "summer is a'coming in"...., my cats who snuggle with warm fur.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My Family. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

A good internet connection and free online courses. Just finished an introduction to psychology course (although I previously studied it in college) and hoping to do ones in criminology and forensic psychology next.

My work ethic and drive to self improve .

Advertisement