Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seized order letter from Revenue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Well, that's probably true. But the explanation on Citizen's information regarding tobacco products is rather vague and somewhat contradictory. Even folks who work in retail (if you look back on the thread) were confused by it, with some having similar experiences to mine (no issues getting thru customs). The tobacco products got through customs before (and were inspected too, at least when you examined the packaging). If they wish to punish anyone for the orders getting through, that's kind of on them.

When I appealed the seized order, I even cited examples from citizen's information. Most folks here were saying I hadn't a prayer, but when the information available to Customs' is wishy washy, how's the everyday citzizen supposed to know if it's legal or illegal?

Advertisement