Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What places have closed during the pandemic?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

retalivity wrote: »
    That new coffee place is a Press-up joint, Dime coffee or something.
    Think their head office backs onto it.

yeah Dime was the name of it, only got a brief look but it seems big enough for a coffee shop.

The new Ladbrokes on Camden St is a bit of a monstrosity with their loud red branding all the way along the building

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Ladbrokes not yet open and Cafe Sofia not gonzo has new gold silver signage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Jizique

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah Dime was the name of it, only got a brief look but it seems big enough for a coffee shop.

The new Ladbrokes on Camden St is a bit of a monstrosity with their loud red branding all the way along the building

Ladbrokes and a Wetherspoon in Camden Street tells you all you need to know about the way the city is going

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Went to Adamson Luggage yesterday to discover that it's gone. They always had an eye-catching window.

https://www.adamsonluggage.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Went to Adamson Luggage yesterday to discover that it's gone. They always had an eye-catching window.

https://www.adamsonluggage.com/

They had a big online sale a number of months ago. 70% off to offload stock and close up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They had a big online sale a number of months ago. 70% off to offload stock and close up

Yes, amazing value in that sale. Almost felt guilty buying at those prices

Saw this earlier. Good old Bibi's in Portobello, moved house.

Good thing the brunch queues were so long. Even before the pandemic, we just had to learn to make our own turkish eggs.

The size of the place was so tight, I suppose it was inevitable.

20210521-193412.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Jizique wrote: »
    Ladbrokes and a Wetherspoon in Camden Street tells you all you need to know about the way the city is going

I'd sooner have 20 Wetherspoons than one Bernard Shaw. They are much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Wetherspoons can f right off out of the country given the owner is a massive Brexit propagandist prick.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Wetherspoons can f right off out of the country given the owner is a massive Brexit propagandist prick.

Lolz.

Tim Martin seems a bit of a lad. Hence why he backed Brexit. With the UK plotting its own vaccine course his pubs in the UK are now fully open at least two months before his EU pubs will fully open in Dublin. So he certainly backed the right horse on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's some stretch to link the reason why he backed Brexit. But keep convincing yourself as to the Brexit benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Lolz.

Tim Martin seems a bit of a lad. Hence why he backed Brexit. With the UK plotting its own vaccine course his pubs in the UK are now fully open at least two months before his EU pubs will fully open in Dublin. So he certainly backed the right horse on that one.

very strong username:post correlation here

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can't believe Ricks is gone, was my drunken eating place for the last 15 years.

Looking a bit sad as I passed the other day.

555405.JPG

Ladbrokes on Malborough st is closed and new shop on Camdenst yet to reopen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

pottokblue wrote: »
    Ladbrokes on Malborough st is closed and new shop on Camdenst yet to reopen...

Powers in Howth closing too. Beshoffs extending their premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

raheny red wrote: »
    Powers in Howth closing too. Beshoffs extending their premises.

I presume seating / sit down restaurant ? Should make a killing there..

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can't believe Ricks is gone, was my drunken eating place for the last 15 years.

Good riddance. Awful burger it was. Can't understand how it ever got custom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see Costa Coffee in Temple Bar has closed for good but a let agreed sign was hung outside. Gourmet Burger kitchen in main square there also shuttered and looks extremely shabby.

Some shops like Raidar in Jervis still have not reopened but the stock is still inside so unsure if they are permanent closures.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Some shops like Raidar in Jervis still have not reopened but the stock is still inside so unsure if they are permanent closures.

Raidar is gone in Blanchardstown so possibly town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Is Wing It on Georges St (also Tallaght) gone? Nothing on their social media of late and shut whenever I pass

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Costa Coffee in Temple Bar has closed for good but a let agreed sign was hung outside. Gourmet Burger kitchen in main square there also shuttered and looks extremely shabby.

That Costa closed down at the first sniff of the pandemic so was potentially in the works already, it's been closed well over a year I think. My sense of time is all over the place since last year but it was definitely one of the very earliest places to close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ladbrokes not yet open and Cafe Sofia not gonzo has new gold silver signage

One Bistro up the road on South Richmond Street seems to be gone, shutters have been down since the start of the first lookdown.

Ladbrokes shop still not opened yet they might have abanndoned the new shop as already a PP and Boyles nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Is Wing It on Georges St (also Tallaght) gone? Nothing on their social media of late and shut whenever I pass

Google is saying temporarily closed and Just Eat says they are not taking orders at present. Were they doing takeaways during the lockdowns? If so and they are not now then maybe they are gone?
    Ladbrokes shop still not opened yet they might have abanndoned the new shop as already a PP and Boyles nearby.

Is that the Ladbrokes on Camden Street across from Whelans?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Victor wrote: »
    Looking a bit sad as I passed the other day.

555405.JPG

I reading Ricks was there 26 years...

Whoever the landlord is won’t care, it’s prime location will provide little shortage of interested tenants.....

Beshoffs on Mespil Road is closed. Makes me crave fish and chips every time I pass!!

Edit: website says Mespil and Dame Street closed until further notice. Other stores open, O'Connell Street gone from the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Jizique

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Google is saying temporarily closed and Just Eat says they are not taking orders at present. Were they doing takeaways during the lockdowns? If so and they are not now then maybe they are gone?

Is that the Ladbrokes on Camden Street across from Whelans?

Yes; awful development with the Wetherspoons across the road dragging the street further into the gutter

Advertisement