Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Sligo Gigs & Events

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Delta7 wrote: »
    Hi Just a little reminder that the Ransboro Boston Tea Party is on the 19th September at 8pm in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Sligo. All proceeds go to fund much needed IT equipment for the School. Tickets are twenty Euros per person. Music by Baldy Mick, Spot Prizes and much more. Many Thanks.

Try emailing hello@sligoevents.ie and they'll circulate this info online too!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi

Thank you. I will do that now.

Kind Regards,

Delta7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Don't forget this folks:
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=33077

Best of luck Magnumlady!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FureyspubSligo

This Thursday October 23rd Demolition String Band will launch this years Sligo Live Festival at Furey's in association with www(dot)westportfolkandbluegrass(dot)com

Catch a pre gig interveiw with the Demolition String Band talking with Ocean Fm this Thursday afternoon between 5-6pm

*Note that the gig start time is at 10.30pm and not 8pm as advertised on poster image on website dew to festival licence being in place from Thursday 23rd thru to Sunday 26th where all bar's are permitted to serve untill 2.30am*

‪#‎Sligolive365‬ ‪#‎Sligomusic‬

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

As part of the Models children festival Daft Antics will be running Aerial Circus classes for kids and adults at the Model Niland next weekend.

You can book online on the Model website or you can email me at
    info(at)daftantics.com to ask any questions.

We'll be covering Trapeze, Rope (Cord Lise) and silks as well as juggling and acrobatics in our mixed classes.

Circus Workshops at the Model

If you've ever wanted to live the circus dream this is your chance, all going well I hope to make these workshops a more regular occurrence, I have a mad notion of bringing over a flying trapeze rig in the future :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Iompair wrote: »
    As part of the Models children festival Daft Antics will be running Aerial Circus classes for kids and adults at the Model Niland next weekend.

You can book online on the Model website or you can email me at
    info(at)daftantics.com to ask any questions.

We'll be covering Trapeze, Rope (Cord Lise) and silks as well as juggling and acrobatics in our mixed classes.

Circus Workshops at the Model

If you've ever wanted to live the circus dream this is your chance, all going well I hope to make these workshops a more regular occurrence, I have a mad notion of bringing over a flying trapeze rig in the future :D

As a really bad juggler with a clown outfit buried in the wardrobe, this sounds brill, best of luck with it, I doubt I'll make next weekend but here's hoping you do more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

rizzodun wrote: »
    As a really bad juggler with a clown outfit buried in the wardrobe, this sounds brill, best of luck with it, I doubt I'll make next weekend but here's hoping you do more.

Really bad jugglers can be much funnier than good ones. And with a Clowns costume on, sounds hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

It's all about having some fun, I normally work more with U18s but I've been sent to do team building workshops, Stag/Hen parties and regularly teach flying trapeze to adults and once they get over the embarrassment its really good.

I've had CEOs who can't wait to get home and spin a plate for their grandkids and librarians who tremble like a leaf while climbing a ladder and then happily jump off a platform 7M in the air while hanging on to a tiny metal bar. And we rarely make anybody dress up ;)

With all the schools off on their holidays I'd really appreciate word being passed around about these workshops, should be in the papers this week to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Iompair wrote: »
    It's all about having some fun, I normally work more with U18s but I've been sent to do team building workshops, Stag/Hen parties and regularly teach flying trapeze to adults and once they get over the embarrassment its really good.

I've had CEOs who can't wait to get home and spin a plate for their grandkids and librarians who tremble like a leaf while climbing a ladder and then happily jump off a platform 7M in the air while hanging on to a tiny metal bar. And we rarely make anybody dress up ;)

With all the schools off on their holidays I'd really appreciate word being passed around about these workshops, should be in the papers this week to.

I have to say the dressing up is half the fun, you can act like a complete fool and no-one can say anything once the costume comes off!!

I've done a clown for my childrens school and a charity event free of charge, good way to spend an hour or two, but great to learn some other tricks, I've posted this around, and on facebook, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Sligo Spanish society new year courses begin in just over a week. Registration next Wednesday evening in the Yeats building. Also, this year, Beginners class in Tubbercurry, registration Tuesday evening in Tubber FRC. Full details on website.....

http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2014/12/new-year-spanish-courses-2015.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

My annual nod to Musical Theatre in Sligo. Only runs until this Sat (21st Feb). Not suitable for Under 12's due to sexual innuendo and scantily clad girls. Excellent

SweetCharity_HawksWeb-377x340.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Plazaman wrote: »
    My annual nod to Musical Theatre in Sligo. Only runs until this Sat (21st Feb). Not suitable for Under 12's due to sexual innuendo and scantily clad girls. Excellent

SweetCharity_HawksWeb-377x340.jpg
    Seeing that 2moro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

www.weatherbeatenarchaeology.com
    Its a conference in Sligo 7th/8th March about the storm damage and possibilities of saving some heritage - as well as some stuff that the storms have shown up. People talking from Iceland, UK, France, Canada, etc so its not just local. No fist fights or dancing but could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Samaritans Sligo are celebrating 30 years working with the Sligo community. To celebrate this milestone, we are looking to celebrate with you, the people who have supported us for 3 decades.

We are asking you to 'Walk With Us' on April 18th. We are hosting a 5km walk, starting from our centre at the top of The Mall, going through Doorly Park. Together, we will then return to The Mall and enjoy a reception in The Model with music and refreshments for participants. Registration is now open and available here: https://sligowalkwithus.eventbrite.com/

Samaritans in Sligo have been able to help others 24/7 for the last 30 years. Without your support this would not have been possible. We are hoping you will join us in celebrating positive mental health on what promises to be a fun and enjoyable day.

10250284_777126979038474_6840431958903693058_n.jpg?oh=a1fa5c64abc584fe91bbd12923a0f9e0&oe=55818783&__gda__=1433620713_a007e3280f30b9889b5da6365c89a12f

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FureyspubSligo

Some live music for Easter

Thursday 2nd - Eoin Troy & Seamie McGowan (Acoustic/covers)
    Saturday 4th - The Two That Got Away (Acoustic/Folk)
    Sunday 5th - Out Of Towner's (original folk & Blues)
    Easter Monday 6th - Kieran Quinn & Seamie O'Dowd (Trad Fusion)

Happy Easter from all of us at Furey's pub.

Spring Spanish courses starting this week, classes for all levels, including Leaving Cert preparation. Registration Monday the 13th of April, from 6.30 to 8pm in the Yeats Building. Full details on website...

http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2015/03/spring-spanish-courses-2015.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Sligo Samaritans are celebrating 30 years working with the Sligo community. To celebrate this milestone, we are looking to celebrate with YOU, the people who have supported us for 3 decades. We are asking you to 'Walk With Us' this Saturday, April 18th at midday. Register now online, or on the day.

We are hosting a 5km walk starting from our branch at the top of The Mall, continuing around Doorly Park. We invite you to "Walk With Us' in support of positive mental health. We hope to see you there.

cE6Mh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThomasConnolly

Hello,
    Our live music at Thomas Connolly bar,markievicz road & Holborn Street.

Sunday - Traditional Irish session - 9.30pm

Leonard Barry - Uilleann pipes
    Brian McDonagh - Mandolin (Dervish)
    Rick Epping - Concertina/Harmonica

Monday - Trad fusion - 9.30pm
    Kieran Quinn & Seamie O'Dowd

Social Media :
    Facebook/ThomasConnollySligo
    Twitter : @thomasConnolly_
    Instagram/ThomasConnollySligo

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThomasConnolly

Live music this weekend Surf Summit 05th - 08th November 2015

Thursday 05th - Leon Mooney & Leslie Jones 9.30pm
    Friday 06th - Eoin,Aileen & Seamie 7pm & The Wrangler's 9.30pm
    Saturday 07th - Gerry Grennan & Georgie Gorman 9.30pm
    Sunday 08th - Trad Session with Leonard Barry (pipes) Brian McDonagh (Mandolin) & Rick Epping (Harmonica/Concertina) 9pm

Social Media :

Facebook.com/thomasconnollysligo

Twitter @thomasconnolly_

• Advertisement

Talk this Friday at 7.30pm on the untold story of the aftermath of the Spanish Armada. Spanish writer Luis Gorrochategui will talk about "The English Armada", based on his book "Contraarmada".

This English expedition followed on the year after the Spanish Armada, and was even greater in size, and a bigger disaster, militarily, yet has been covered up throughout history.

The talk will be in English, and will take place in the Yeats Building, Sligo. Admission €5 includes wine reception. Full details....

http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2015/11/the-english-armada-talk-by-spanish.html

Advertisement