Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADER'S CORNER

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

It is this easy everyday.

not for me I'm coming off a terrible June!. July has started very well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Tugboats wrote: »
    not for me I'm coming off a terrible June!. July has started very well though.

You seem to be a good fade trader.

Greece yes/no vote... What to trade and which way.

All opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Thought about buying eur/usd earlier ,with a guaranteed s/l until a min 750 point:eek: guaranteed stop popped into the box.
    If I could have traded it with a guaranteed 100 point s/l a minute before the bell,i would have ,their should be a big gap Sunday night .

I am lookimg to buy the DAX on a no vote and sell it on a yes vote, might get a decent entry point after a week or so. Until then I will go the flow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

Looking similar to last Sunday and I wouldn't be surprised if the Euro is higher than Friday's close by the morning. Jumped on Dollar/Yen @ 121.900 which appears to be a steal right now.

The only certain thing about this Greek situation is uncertainty ,I didn't even try to trade it ,which is a victory for me in its own right !
    I did put on a smallish short on the FTSE,to cover long equity positions,but i'm thinking of closing/reversing this when things settle.
    I am short light crude since 5995.00 ,which is flying down thanks to China ,Greece and mostly Iranian/US talks ,which also could unwind shortly .
    I basically don't have a good enough handle on this to trade it hard,so as they say,if you don't know what to do,do nothing !

dasdog wrote: »
    Looking similar to last Sunday and I wouldn't be surprised if the Euro is higher than Friday's close by the morning. Jumped on Dollar/Yen @ 121.900 which appears to be a steal right now.

Did you get out with a profit or are you still holding?

NYSE still still down before FED minutes

Edit
    NYSE expected to re-open trading again at 7:45 -8:00 gmt, finger at the ready in case opportunity comes up

Did you get out with a profit or are you still holding?

Sold the following evening @ 122.490. It had peaked at 122.850 earlier that afternoon but I was too occupied to monitor the situation and greater profit. Haven't traded since aside from the mini EUR rally at 8pm yesterday up to 1.1050 (15 minute scalp). Some very powerful factors out there right now and I don't mind missing out as it's dangerous territory for a novice.

• Advertisement

Greece is centre stage again for the third weekend running, does anyone really belief that Greece will reform and repay if they get a deal? Leopard and spots....

Greece is centre stage again for the third weekend running, does anyone really belief that Greece will reform and repay if they get a deal? Leopard and spots....

I think the markets may believe it next week anyway !
    I'm short light crude ,and was short FTSE ,but I closed the FTSE trade Friday night before the close and possible gap up Sunday night .
    China is on the up,but that's basically bullsh1t ,as the market is been heavily manipulated ,with some short sellers in China been actually jailed last week,what a sh1thole,long live the free market:rolleyes:.

It looks like Schauble is trying to avoid an agreement thinking something will be put together tomorrow and in six or twelve months time we'll be hearing "Questions are being asked about the implementation of the July agreement". He's probably right, it's a bad marriage which will probably stay together for the sake of family.

Resistance lines not support lines this Sunday evening.

It looks like Schauble is trying to avoid an agreement thinking something will be put together tomorrow and in six or twelve months time we'll be hearing "Questions are being asked about the implementation of the July agreement". He's probably right, it's a bad marriage which will probably stay together for the sake of family.

Resistance lines not support lines this Sunday evening.

http://www.barchart.com/cheatsheet.php?sym=^USDJPY

http://www.barchart.com/cheatsheet.php?sym=CLQ15 sweet oil

http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news/el-nino-outlook-strong-possible-may2015

El Niño forecast to be strong this year, crops and oil may be worth a look at.

http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news/el-nino-outlook-strong-possible-may2015

El Niño forecast to be strong this year, crops and oil may be worth a look at.

I'm already short light crude since 5995.00 ,and a lot of the fundamentals are pointing lower (I want to buy the living sh1t out of it at $42 or lower),I was eyeing up Paris milling wheat at 169.00 a ton 3 months ago ,but I wanted it closer to cost of production circa 150.00,it shot up to 205.00 a ton with bad weather in North America in the mean while:o.
    I've only tinkered with commodities up to recently ,but the fact that they have a real tangible intrinsic value (cost of production) is really appealing to me.
    If you can buy anything that's needed to support life(we can't eat money),at or below the cost of production ,it should be quite easy with the help of leverage,time, and a healthy war chest ,to make quite a lot of money(tax free money via spread betting :D).

This was the trade but I gave up on the situation last night. Saga likely to drag on through a humiliated parliament but I've taken a punt on EUR/JPY at 136.650 after the initial spike and drop, stop at 135.900, EUR/USD at 1.1075 stop at 1.1040.

EDIT: Nervous market without indicators and unhedged gambling leads to minus a couple of hundred Euro. Closed before waiting for New York to call bullshít on this.

#2: Knocking on 1.100, mercenary traitor.

EUR/JPY -30.7 pips @ 100k
    EUR/USD -27.8 pips @ 100k

Joined the Bears

EUR/USD short +82.4 pips @ 100k/250k closed

Golden Dawn

The only certain thing about this Greek situation is uncertainty ,I didn't even try to trade it ,which is a victory for me in its own right !
    I did put on a smallish short on the FTSE,to cover long equity positions,but i'm thinking of closing/reversing this when things settle.
    I am short light crude since 5995.00 ,which is flying down thanks to China ,Greece and mostly Iranian/US talks ,which also could unwind shortly .
    I basically don't have a good enough handle on this to trade it hard,so as they say,if you don't know what to do,do nothing !

Deal reached between Us/Iran this morning ,which opens the door for sanctions to be lifted ,more downside for crude in the coming weeks :D.

EUR/JPY -30.7 pips @ 100k
    EUR/USD -27.8 pips @ 100k

Joined the Bears

EUR/USD short +82.4 pips @ 100k/250k closed

Golden Dawn

Post deleted, sorry about the angry face on the top of the post, I don't know why they keep popping up but it is not intentional.

You sounded frustrated in your previous post and relieved In this one, I hope you are back to yourself now.

We've all been there.

• Advertisement

Nice formation on the EUR/USD weekly chart. Maybe to early for a breakout but with momentum with the downside who knows. I have next week's lower trend line at 10770 which is in or around the old 10750 level. I will be a seller below 10770 and a buyer above it next week. All depends if it gets to my entry point.

Nice formation on the EUR/USD weekly chart. Maybe to early for a breakout but with momentum with the downside who knows. I have next week's lower trend line at 10770 which is in or around the old 10750 level. I will be a seller below 10770 and a buyer above it next week. All depends if it gets to my entry point.

Very difficult to call either direction with arguments for both sides, I'm staying away. Disastrous deal politically for the Euro project as a whole. Looks like a lack lustre week ahead but CAD & AUD look interesting (over and under sold). I wasn't following at the time but Carney made the same bullish statements and had to retract last year? They've had some impressive wage figures but UK inflation appears non existent.

Very difficult to call either direction with arguments for both sides, I'm staying away. Disastrous deal politically for the Euro project as a whole. Looks like a lack lustre week ahead but CAD & AUD look interesting (over and under sold). I wasn't following at the time but Carney made the same bullish statements and had to retract last year? They've had some impressive wage figures but UK inflation appears non existent.

I presume you are taking about the CAD & AUD against the USD. What's the plan? Are you taking one or both of them on, or are you going to trade the AUD/CAD

Bought Apple (again)last week @ 126.900 ,(s/l @ 10% ,114.000 ish),t/p above 140.000,reporting tomorrow evening .

I presume you are taking about the CAD & AUD against the USD. What's the plan? Are you taking one or both of them on, or are you going to trade the AUD/CAD

Looking at selling AUD/CAD and possibly AUD/USD. Aside from the commodity slide and China weakness RBA have been seriously talking down AUD and July minutes are out tonight which don't appear to be getting much focus. RBZ could also drag it on Wednesday if they cut. Q2 CPI on Wednesday adds some risk and print is at 2:30am.

EDIT:
    AUD/CAD opened .95750 closed .95710
    AUD/USD opened .73665 closed .73580

Euro started showing some bullish signs from 2:00pm which supports the Aussie so not waiting for events and booked a meager 12 pips. Will consider AUD/USD again approaching .74.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bought Apple (again)last week @ 126.900 ,(s/l @ 10% ,114.000 ish),t/p above 140.000,reporting tomorrow evening .
    Sold mine at 128 for 10% profit, was sure they had stalled and were going to start sliding from there.

Google, Facebook and Tesla all pushing record highs, up nearly 30% on each, getting a bit nervous now though, I always hold too long, anyone got any opinions on when this current run is going to end?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Thargor wrote: »
    Sold mine at 128 for 10% profit, was sure they had stalled and were going to start sliding from there.

Google, Facebook and Tesla all pushing record highs, up nearly 30% on each, getting a bit nervous now though, I always hold too long, anyone got any opinions on when this current run is going to end?

its impossible for Apple share price to fall. Whenever it stalls CNBC give Carl Icahn an hour on TV to pump it

For the first year ever,their were more iphones/ipads sold in China than the u.s,great company ,onwards and upwards .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Record profits for AAPL and of course they crash down to $123, now Im thinking of buying again, Tesla and Apple are infuriating to hold, sometimes Im completely relaxed about both companies and think they're a no-brainer for long term, then other times I'm completely paranoid about logging on some day and seeing the arse has fallen out of one or both of them.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Record profits for AAPL and of course they crash down to $123, now Im thinking of buying again, Tesla and Apple are infuriating to hold, sometimes Im completely relaxed about both companies and think they're a no-brainer for long term, then other times I'm completely paranoid about logging on some day and seeing the arse has fallen out of one or both of them.

Im in at 126.90 ,and nearly jumped on more at 120.00 ,as I was logged on while watching the release ,but didn't as the part of my brain telling me it was a revenge trade won out over the heres a flash sale fill yer boots part of my brain:D.
    150.00 by year end ,the affluent Chinese don't want Chinese made phones/tablets etc,apple branded goods are a status symbol which they won't mind paying for ,STRONG BUY,ya heard it here :D

Advertisement