Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Triman111 wrote: »
    Hi all. Very new to this and have one general question...what's the story about having/needing a bitcoin wallet. If I buy bitcoin on Binance can I:
    A - pay with debit card?
    B - does Binance or an other provide wallet as part of their service?
    Also how do people think the market will act leading up to halving

Thanks all
    Copied from Binance site:

Crypto Instant Buy Now on Mobile Browser!
    2020-02-25 08:34:00
    We have listened to your feedback and have optimised the Fiat Gateway for the mobile browser. Cryptocurrencies can now be bought directly through fiat currencies on both PC and mobile browser.
    An update to allow the instant purchase of crypto natively on the Binance app for iOS and Android coming soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thanks all

Impossible to say, there are only 2 previous halvings to look back on to gauge which isnt really a good enough sample, however, it has generally tended to increase a bit up to the halving and then moves a lot more afterwards for a period of about 1.5yrs approx

at the moment though its all very volatile, but they still say its a good time to get in as the halving is approaching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Hi all. Very new to this and have one general question...what's the story about having/needing a bitcoin wallet. If I buy bitcoin on Binance can I:
    A - pay with debit card?
    B - does Binance or an other provide wallet as part of their service?

Thanks all

Action usually happens months before the event. That recent Ethereum run was like the main run for Eth 2.0 pre-hype happening in the summer.

A: Yes
    B: Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I can’t believe people are suggesting Binance as a good place to depart money for play coins. It’s a sinister bucket shop.

I can’t believe people are suggesting Binance as a good place to depart money for play coins. It’s a sinister bucket shop.

I much prefer kraken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Impossible to say, there are only 2 previous halvings to look back on to gauge which isnt really a good enough sample, however, it has generally tended to increase a bit up to the halving and then moves a lot more afterwards for a period of about 1.5yrs approx

at the moment though its all very volatile, but they still say its a good time to get in as the halving is approaching

None of this matters right now,it's all going to be about if the virus goes nuts in the US. I predict rough times for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Bit of a drop the last week, wonder will it keep dropping.....

bri007 wrote: »
    Bit of a drop the last week, wonder will it keep dropping.....

Very possiblei if they need to liquidate for cash .

anybody here holding BSV?

Craig Wright and Calvin Ayre involves in that one. Two of my favourite scumbags involved in crypto at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

If they are a mod should ban them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wouldn't touch that at all. Even ignoring who is behind it the way its traded just seems super dodgy and with so few people mining opens it up to being vulnerable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Joining the crowd to recommend against BSV.

You might catch a huge pump on some news about yet another stunt related to the multiple court cases, but IMO it is too dodgy and irrational (even to crypto standards).

Bob24 wrote: »
    Joining the crowd to recommend against BSV.

You might catch a huge pump on some news about yet another stunt related to the multiple ourt cases, but IMO it is too dodgy and irrational (even to crypto standards).

Is it any worse than other completely useless shïtcoins like Litecoin, Tron, and Chainlink?

Is it any worse than other completely useless shïtcoins like Litecoin, Tron, and Chainlink?

Using the term ****coin is very 2017....

maninasia wrote: »
    Using the term ****coin is very 2017....

Ok, completely useless coins with absolutely no value or utility that were created so the founders could get rich on sucker money.

Ok, completely useless coins with absolutely no value or utility that were created so the founders could get rich on sucker money.

BSV was around 75 euros at Xmas, it's now 200.

It's complete dogcrap of course, but those gains are very real - that's the attraction

I don't think link is in that category. Oracles are very much needed.

Yeah the difference with link is its trying to fix a problem imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

no wouldn’t touch. Their is a reason why tier 1 exchanges Coinbase kraken and binance don’t list it.

Craig Wright is a fraud.

• Advertisement

no wouldn’t touch. Their is a reason why tier 1 exchanges Coinbase kraken and binance don’t list it.

Craig Wright is a fraud.

CZ Binance is way dodgier than Wright. Which isn’t saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

CZ Binance is way dodgier than Wright. Which isn’t saying much.

Correct CZ is no saint . Craig Wright and Calvin ayre are a bad combination

Not interested in BSV
    just curious
    I can see this scam coin dropping by at least half by end of year and hopefully offthe face of the planet in 2021

Just hope nobody on here holding and gets burned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Correct CZ is no saint . Craig Wright and Calvin ayre are a bad combination

What's dodgy about CZ? I haven't seen anything online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You're reasoning with a guy who thinks his own Guinness shíts offer more value than every coin on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Well, there is only one Craig Wright :-)

But now if someone starts asking about a John McAfee coin, I’ll be happy to recommend it even less than BSV!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

What's dodgy about CZ? I haven't seen anything online

he prints his own money

he prints his own money

Not sure why that guy is being singled out. All crypto coins and tokens are "printed" (most exchanges have their own native token). Whether they are worth anything is up to the secondary market that speculates on them.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/research-binance-and-huobi-received-over-52-of-total-28b-illicit-btc-in-2019

https://cointelegraph.com/news/malta-regulator-clarifies-legal-status-of-binance

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/56603/binance-is-not-authorised-to-operate-in-malta-says-the-countrys-financial-regulator

It’s heavily involved in criminal behaviour, sold the narrative that they had a HQ in the EU, and once that was shown to be untrue they started going on about having no HQ. It’s a bucket shop operation used for money laundering. I’m mean why you would use it ahead of other regulated exchanges is beyond me.

• Advertisement

https://cointelegraph.com/news/research-binance-and-huobi-received-over-52-of-total-28b-illicit-btc-in-2019

https://cointelegraph.com/news/malta-regulator-clarifies-legal-status-of-binance

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/56603/binance-is-not-authorised-to-operate-in-malta-says-the-countrys-financial-regulator

It’s heavily involved in criminal behaviour, sold the narrative that they had a HQ in the EU, and once that was shown to be untrue they started going on about having no HQ. It’s a bucket shop operation used for money laundering. I’m mean why you would use it ahead of other regulated exchanges is beyond me.

For the first link: all crypto exchanges have tarnished coins, we know why, they are all indirectly facilitating criminal and ilicit activity via crypto movements. It's a by-product of the fact that there are no clear global standards on crypto regulation (yet). Binance and Huobi just have larger volumes than other exchanges. This **** will all change in the future, and it's going to be expensive, and unless they screw up, my money is on the larger exchanges (like Binance) being among the first to become fully compliant because a) they can afford it and b) they potentially have the resources to do so (a full filing with a regulatory authority is a big ass thing because it can require an immense amount of structural changes)

It's also why I think privacy coins are going to get the chop, but that's another story

The second two links are the same story and I agree with it. The financial regulators in Malta have clarified that Binance aren't regulated by them. It's a bit of a grey area because crypto regulation is still grey, so it's unsurprising.

Few or no crypto exchanges come even remotely close to financial institutions in terms of proper regulation (yet), it's just odd that you single out Binance, seems to be more of a personal thing

Used binance for the first time today as NEO not available on kraken

Not the worst but I found kraken a simpler platform

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Not sure why that guy is being singled out. All crypto coins and tokens are "printed" (most exchanges have their own native token). Whether they are worth anything is up to the secondary market that speculates on them.

you can't print bitcoin

you can't print bitcoin

That's pretty much what happened.

It's estimated Satoshi (or whomever created BTC) has a million of them.

Just depends on how generous the creator is, whether they keep a portion for themselves, lock it up as part of development goals for the team as a whole, give a "fair chance" to the public via some sort of mining mechanism (many have a pre-mine), etc

Most exchanges now have their own tokens, I'm not sure why that would mark the owner of Binance out as particularly shady

1. Precisely.

2. If consensus (and by "consensus" I mean "Blockstream") agreed to it 21m would become 210m overnight and that's something that has been talked about ad infinitum by the Blockstream devs.

21m is not not as set in stone as people think and the people who should be trusted least are in charge of that change. Which is quite funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

grindle wrote: »
    1. Precisely.

2. If consensus (and by "consensus" I mean "Blockstream") agreed to it 21m would become 210m overnight and that's something that has been talked about ad infinitum by the Blockstream devs.

21m is not not as set in stone as people think and the people who should be trusted least are in charge of that change. Which is quite funny.
    ll.
    It doesn't say 21 million coins in the code - the release schedule of the coins adds up to 21 million.

The total real value of the network wouldn't change if they increased the supply x10

The 21 million coins is pretty much arbitrary as the smallest unit of a BTC is 0.00000001 BTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

It's estimated Satoshi (or whomever created BTC) has a million of them.

Just depends on how generous the creator is, whether they keep a portion for themselves, lock it up as part of development goals for the team as a whole, give a "fair chance" to the public via some sort of mining mechanism (many have a pre-mine), etc

Most exchanges now have their own tokens, I'm not sure why that would mark the owner of Binance out as particularly shady

Satoshi mined the BTC at the beginning.
    Nothing was printed.

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    ll.
    The total real value of the network wouldn't change if they increased the supply x10
    What is this? I'm grand with it being some ****coin base-layer entry-point for the time being, but it's no Monero. If coins can be tainted it's not as malleable.
    It's 2020, I really wish BTC wasn't the leader of shítcoins. :pac:
    GodlikeRed wrote: »
    Satoshi mined the BTC at the beginning.
    Nothing was printed.

Needless pedantry? Whomever it is or was has 5% of the money unless they're dead. Which is fine imo, but it's there and it's theirs.

grindle wrote: »
    What is this? I'm grand with it being some ****coin base-layer entry-point for the time being, but it's no Monero. If coins can be tainted it's not as malleable.
    It's 2020, I really wish BTC wasn't the leader of shítcoins. :pac:

Needless pedantry? Whomever it is or was has 5% of the money unless they're dead. Which is fine imo, but it's there and it's theirs.

There's bitcoin and then there's everything else - that will never change despite how heavy your ****coin bags (and mine) are

So because it was first and the ticker is infallible we should welcome Greg, LukeJR and Adam Back as the leaders of the NWO? I'd trust Trump before those scaldy yokes.

The point of it was to start something. Something to grow from and build upon. Satoshi didn't want people married to a ticker. It's kinda weird.

Nice to see green all round today after last week....

LINK looks really good

Started staking NEO aswell today...

Onwards & upwards

• Advertisement

Link is definitely fun to own! It's the proper crypto rollercoaster like btc of old!

Think that’s the end of the pre halving dip

Tomorrow is going to probably be like today if not better

NEO is gonna moon, massive whale activity on it last week with huge buy orders

Taking everything I have off Binance, just saying

something I heard about their domain name potentially being removed

It looks like DOW could be going to have another red day, not sure how that will affect crypto

hmmm: Chainlink parnership with Google & Microsoft
    explains the pump in the last 24hrs

Also, ban lifted in India on crypto, this is massive.

explains the pump in the last 24hrs

Also, ban lifted in India on crypto, this is massive.

What partnership with Google and Microsoft?

It’s pure speculation at the moment, possible news to be confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bitcoin can't partnership with Google or Microsoft :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

https://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ey-and-consensys-present-new-way-for-big-biz-to-use-public-ethereum?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

"It’s time for big business to embrace the public chain – as a coordination tool, rather than as a place to carry out large-scale financial transactions.

That’s the view of a trio of heavy hitters in the enterprise blockchain space: EY, ConsenSys and Microsoft."

"The Baseline Protocol code will be released later this month and a technical steering committee is also being formed which includes EY, Microsoft, Splunk, ConsenSys, MakerDAO, Duke University, ChainLink, Unibright, Envision Blockchain, Neocova, Core Convergence, Provide and W3BCloud"

picked up some Tezos yesterday @ €2.66, this could have more legs

LINK looks over valued at the moment, setting my stop loss now as I'm fearful of a retracement today

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement