Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commodities (including Gold BUGS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

The bet was offered, but there was no takers!

Sure the bet doesn't look good - it expired weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Obviously it was a sporting bet...I just hope you didn’t put your money where your mouth is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Top Wealth Club

Personally I'm doing well in the Crypto markets and believe in a few years crypto will become a major player in the world financial markets.
    It's easy to start earning good returns in Ethereum starting with under $10

Personally I'm doing well in the Crypto markets and believe in a few years crypto will become a major player in the world financial markets.
    It's easy to start earning good returns in Ethereum starting with under $10

We don’t know how crypto will perform in the next financial crisis. But we know how precious metals will. They are proven over millenia.

Equities imploding and no good news on the horizon except the few more rate cuts left to Jay Powell...Big calls for the fed to make especially if the monetary toolkit fails to stop the decline...yield curve incredibly inverted at the moment.

Get your gold now while you still can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Gold miners hammered today. Can't see much potential there. Gold back a bit too. Cash is king, well US dollars jap yen is.

Gold miners hammered today. Can't see much potential there. Gold back a bit too. Cash is king, well US dollars jap yen is.

Gold is up 6% this month and around 30% over the last 12 months. It needed to consolidate after hitting 1690. It’s going to take out its all time high in usd very soon. You can be guaranteed that.

Gold, miners, Bitcoin, most other precious metals, us dollar, equities all down or flat today. *insert that doesn't make sense meme"* think I'll take a few weeks off.

Gold, miners, Bitcoin, most other precious metals, us dollar, equities all down or flat today. *insert that doesn't make sense meme"* think I'll take a few weeks off.

Haha gold is still up 4% this month and 15% this quarter. It could fall a lot more and still be in a bull market. I’m surprised how resilient it is. I expect it to take out 1700 in March. In gold we trust.

Gold down nearly 2%, possible deflationary pressures coming up?? Could it whip back on Central bank easing. Think we could see further drops considering CBs can't do sh*t now to restart companies or stop them from cutting back. Interesting to watch either way.

• Advertisement

Gold down nearly 2%, possible deflationary pressures coming up?? Could it whip back on Central bank easing. Think we could see further drops considering CBs can't do sh*t now to restart companies or stop them from cutting back. Interesting to watch either way.

Gold still just correcting. Needs to fall below 1300 to be in a bear market. That’s only going to happen if the SPY hits 2000. Very interesting to see do the fed cut rates. Wall Street are clamoring for it..I think it would be a mistake as it will not achieve anything except undermine confidence in the dollar but it would be very good for gold.

Wti oil down 10% now.

Wti oil down 10% now.

Saudi cutting prices and upping production.

pearcider wrote: »
    Haha gold is still up 4% this month and 15% this quarter. It could fall a lot more and still be in a bull market. I’m surprised how resilient it is. I expect it to take out 1700 in March. In gold we trust.

1700 already wow.

Buy gold they say- 1587 now.

It’s down 1% this month. How much is the stock market down? Or bitcoin? Anyway the bubble is popped and now gold will go to 10k or more. Grab it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How do people buy gold? Possible through degiro or need another app?

$1475 now.

1420 that I mentioned before is now in play, and could be a pivotal point in all markets.

Gold is still Up 15% on the year. The silver price is a joke. You can’t buy physical for that price. A lot of the coin dealers are selling out and the spreads and premiums are exploding,

Gold is performing brilliantly. Buy it if you still can. It’s the only thing which will protect your savings in the coming inflation. You may struggle to get physical delivery at this stage...you can’t buy house insurance when your house is on fire.

• Advertisement

Gold is still Up 15% on the year. The silver price is a joke. You can’t buy physical for that price. A lot of the coin dealers are selling out and the spreads and premiums are exploding,

Gold is performing brilliantly. Buy it if you still can. It’s the only thing which will protect your savings in the coming inflation. You may struggle to get physical delivery at this stage...you can’t buy house insurance when your house is on fire.

Did you not sell at 1700?

Mach 3 wrote: »
    Did you not sell at 1700?

I would sell my gold when the federal reserves balance sheet (5 trillion and rising) is 100% backed by the US gold reserves (8000 tonnes.) this last happened in 1980.

I don't know if it's a dead cat bounce but maybe miners are starting to get some love again. Topped barrick and Kinross earlier. Crazy moves of the earlier lows.

I don't know if it's a dead cat bounce but maybe miners are starting to get some love again. Topped barrick and Kinross earlier. Crazy moves of the earlier lows.

The outlook for the big dividend payers is rosy. These guys are cash machines and their energy costs are collapsing. You can’t beat Franco Nevada.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

Further down the road keep an eye on quality copper miners. There is a commodity price boom coming down the line. Gold miners do look good right now. Gold is very subdued though, I don't like to see that though.

When the stock market melts down and everone knows in their hearts it's done for a few years, that's when speculators like to turn their attention to commodities. It's the equivalent of betting on the dogs after the horses are finished .

Thelonious wrote: »
    Further down the road keep an eye on quality copper miners. There is a commodity price boom coming down the line. Gold miners do look good right now. Gold is very subdued though, I don't like to see that though.

When the stock market melts down and everone knows in their hearts it's done for a few years, that's when speculators like to turn their attention to commodities. It's the equivalent of betting on the dogs after the horses are finished .

Nice analogy. There’s a compelling interview out there with the founder of Wheaton precious metals where he talks about how the final bubbles, after all other bubbles have popped will be commodities and then gold. Reminded me of the short story by Isaac Asimov called The Last Question. In the long run we are all dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

I think there's a good reason the saudis and the russians decided to have a price war at this time. Normally People basically only speculate on commodities in a recession because stock market is ****ed for a few years.

The Saudis want to gain the market share now so that it will pay them well when oil is bid up again. I could be wrong but I sort of feel there's rarely ever a true shortage of oil supply and that price can be driven up by speculation and sentiment alone

A lot of the big bullion dealers are sold out of gold. I’ve never seen that before and yet the futures price is sitting at 1500USD...Scary times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

It’s down 1% this month. How much is the stock market down? Or bitcoin? Anyway the bubble is popped and now gold will go to 10k or more. Grab it while you can.

Bitcoin is up 60% from the date you posted to today.

• Advertisement

Bitcoin is up 60% from the date you posted to today.

It’s lost 65 % of its value from it’s peak. In any case, I don’t see the central banks of the world keeping large reserves of bitcoin nor does bitcoin have a 5000 year history of wealth preservation. I’ll pass.

Advertisement