Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling bargains from AliExpress & other Chinese websites

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

KEYIYUAN Cycling Summer Long Sleeve Men's Bicycle Shirt Mountain Bike Breathable Outdoor Sweatshirt Sun Protection
    http://s.aliexpress.com/eQRVvMni
    (from AliExpress Android)

Received this jersey last week. Pretty decent for 12e. I like the wee rear zip pocket. Happy enough. Have ordered the same jersey in red and yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

[URL] http://s.aliexpress.com/JRzYZBRz[/URL]

Took a chance on these for turbo use over the winter, messing with ear phone cables when flat out on the turbo is quite annoying and dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,484 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Anyone got any experience of Racmmer bibs? Going to be back on the commuter once or twice a week (sorry TrainerRoad!), so could do with a few more spares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just got a Racmmer jersey in the post, the long sleeve fleece one. Ordered 23/9.

The sleeves are too long and baggy, but worse than that is the zip, which broke straight away. Pretty disappointing, especially since the material itself feels quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

Brian wrote: »
    Just got a Racmmer jersey in the post, the long sleeve fleece one. Ordered 23/9.

The sleeves are too long and baggy, but worse than that is the zip, which broke straight away. Pretty disappointing, especially since the material itself feels quite nice.

I ordered on the 26/9 so must be getting close. looking forward to getting mine soon ordered a few bits will report back when they arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

anyone recommend decent lights 1600 lumens for fire road cycling from ali express?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Anyone got any experience of Racmmer bibs? Going to be back on the commuter once or twice a week (sorry TrainerRoad!), so could do with a few more spares.

Got bibshorts a few weeks ago from them. Fit was perfect but my ass has never been as sore. Even though the pad looks and feels good. I’m feeling it after just a couple of Km.

On the other hand the pad on these ones is great and comfortable but the sizing is a bit smaller.
    http://s.aliexpress.com/j6nMrANf

Open a dispute and upload photos of the broken zip. Let ali express step in and they'll most likely decide in your favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Heads up the 11.11 sale is on this Saturday on AliExpress. Extra few euro off here and there!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

Anyone come across a half decent Gabba style jacket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Heads up the 11.11 sale is on this Saturday on AliExpress. Extra few euro off here and there!

Not really as they put the prices up only to reduce back to what they normally sell at so don't be fooled by so called price reductions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

A question on sizing.thinking of picking up a few retro jerseys I'm 6'2" 80 kilos.normally xl or 2xl Italian.L in Rapha. M in Aldi go figure!s the sizing accurate or does it vary?

A question on sizing.thinking of picking up a few retro jerseys I'm 6'2" 80 kilos.normally xl or 2xl Italian.L in Rapha. M in Aldi go figure!s the sizing accurate or does it vary?
    Each item should have a sizing chart - I've not had an issue basing it off those. It will vary item to item tbh. Some I'm a medium, some are Asian sizing and I'm an XXL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭boomdocker

sizing is a minefield in my experience

just last week, I received a pair of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Arsuxeo-S-XL-Outdoor-Sport-Cycling-Shorts-Men-s-Climbing-Running-Shorts-Quick-Dry-Spandex-Marathon/32824568140.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.yTm6sR

Picked size S, for my 14 yr old, so according to the size chart that would be right

However, they are much bigger than stated and fit me - so for a 33" in waist instead of 31-32 as the size chart suggests

On the plus side - the quality is really good and they fit me perfectly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Each item should have a sizing chart - I've not had an issue basing it off those. It will vary item to item tbh. Some I'm a medium, some are Asian sizing and I'm an XXL.

Exact same experience.
    Look at the sizing chart on each item.
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Racmmer summer jerseys - good fit (L), maybe a little tight.

Racmmer winter jersey - ordered the same size, seems 1-2 sizes too large....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Alek wrote: »
    Racmmer summer jerseys - good fit (L), maybe a little tight.

Racmmer winter jersey - ordered the same size, seems 1-2 sizes too large....

Did you buy from same store?
    Did you look at sizing chart on both listings?

I haven't bought racmmer stuff but bought loads of other stuff/bibs/jerseys and always got what I expected based on the sizing chart in the actual listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Got this Racmmer 2018 Long Pro Thermal Fleece Cycling Jersey Tis grand for €16 delvered. Used it only once so far. Ordered Large, usualy take a large in Italian sizing but the sizing is fine.

Also got this to match Racmmer Warm 2018 Winter Thermal Fleece Cycling Long Bicycle Bib however the sizing on the legs is not right. The material used seems to be the same for the Jersey which is not very stretchy. I don't have big Quads, but I couldn't pull these up comfortably on my legs. The size in height seems to be fine, I'm 72kg and 180cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭MollsGap

diarmaidol wrote: »
    Got this Racmmer 2018 Long Pro Thermal Fleece Cycling Jersey Tis grand for €16 delvered. Used it only once so far. Ordered Large, usualy take a large in Italian sizing but the sizing is fine.

Also got this to match Racmmer Warm 2018 Winter Thermal Fleece Cycling Long Bicycle Bib however the sizing on the legs is not right. The material used seems to be the same for the Jersey which is not very stretchy. I don't have big Quads, but I couldn't pull these up comfortably on my legs. The size in height seems to be fine, I'm 72kg and 180cm.

Super pricing on those items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭seanin4711

That blue padding is not great and gives way after less than a dozen rides, Go 3d or 4d padding or orange bit not blue.
    Binned the blue padding bibs racammer 2/3s way through mizen to malin 3 day.
    Sh$te.

Avoid blue padding,go 3 or 4d instead

Hugely disappointed in Racmmer winter bib tights, the blue padding is still holding after a few rides, but the lycra has worn through in places to the white layer under, in just a few rides... Looks manky now.

Also, the winter jersey sizing is like 2 sizes larger than the summer one.

And this is while I still recommend their summer products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I got this light the other day (I had forgotten that I ordered it although in defense of Banggood, they did send an email saying it was delayed and offering a full refund). It was a bit cheaper when I ordered, about 6.50€

It is a bit big and bulky but good light for the price. Very bright with a couple of good flash modes, and an automatic setting. This is going on my around town bike, and I'll probably order a second one.

https://m.banggood.com/XANES-SFL04-750LM-T6-LED-German-Standard-Smart-Induction-Bicycle-Light-IPX4-USB-Rechargeable-Large-F-p-1217023.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

My SPEXCEL bib shorts arrived today

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Latest-high-quality-bib-shorts-classic-race-bicycle-bottom-Ropa-Ciclismo-bike-pants-4D-gel/32701740226.html

Get In There, asked me to post here.

It is my first pair of bib shorts so have nothing to compare (i'm only on a Sports Hybrid too)

They say it is gel . Not sure but it feels like foam to me, but definitely better padding than the ALDI cycling shorts i was wearing :)

For the money it feels like good value, but would love to see what an expensive version is like in regards to the quality of the chamois.

I ordered 2XL and i'm 188cm and 105KG, and it fits good, but i have nothing to compare it to :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Got some "Cheji" and "Miloto" gear recently. Both seem pretty good for the price paid (€85 for two sets +1 gloves). Miloto has better zips, the Cheji might fail long term there, but previous summer set is fine to date. Cheji L is an Miloto XL.

• Advertisement

Morvelo designs are lovely... but... :cool:

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

got some 'poc' do blade-style glasses in allixpress for $18. Took about 6 weeks to arrive. I know there was a recent post about sub par glasses that could cause injury so I said I'd take a punt and make my own assessment.

The plastic isn't brittle to begin with, and they are very solid so I'm happy enough in that respect. They came with 4 lenses., clear, tinted with a reflective sheen, dark and a lense that is definitely polarized. The odd thing is that the polarized ones have quite a lot of flex and I think these would be safer. The clear ones are much thicker and not as flexible. They arrived in a very solid zip case so really handy storage.

Overall they are easily the best glasses I've ever owned and look and feel like the real deal, I'd be tempted to get a second pair just to have the second polarized lense. It would be great if there was a yellow lense but sadly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    got some 'poc' do blade-style glasses in allixpress for $18.

Can you link them?

here they are

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POC-Sunglasses-2017-Polarized-Sun-Glasses-UV400-Driving-Eyewear-Fishing-Goggles-with-4-Lenses/32826894201.html

just an after thought on the safety thing - since the lenses are enclosed within the frame an no sharpe lenses exposed I feel that I can wear them without feeling like they may cause damage in a crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Just be careful with knock offs. I know of one poor chap who ended up with the frame of his D'oalkeys impaled in the side of his head after a crash.

Jnealon wrote: »
    Just be careful with knock offs. I know of one poor chap who ended up with the frame of his D'oalkeys impaled in the side of his head after a crash.

yeah I was concerned, but these have the lenses within the frame and the frame itself doesn't have any pointy bits like some of the oakleys. The quality of the plastic is much like my cheaper BBBs so they should be fine *fingers crossed I never have to test them out anyway!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

That is the worst thing about buying from websites abroad, it can be hard if not impossible to return the items for a refund or exchange too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Jnealon wrote: »

It may have happened if he had 500 euro glasses too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

It may have happened if he had 500 euro glasses too.

Perhaps, but usually I find you get what you pay for to a certain extent: if you buy cheap knock-off goods from China....

Anyone seen a "replica" Trek training Jersey on Ali express, can't seem to find it at all.

Ought to say that we're a couple of weeks away from the Chinese New Year holiday. Now is the time you want to order stuff and have them shipped before everyone in China seemingly puts down tools to enjoy a nice holiday, adding a few more weeks to the usual 4-6 weeks delivery period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Ordered a Chinese copy of the selle italia SLR C59 saddle and a pair of oakley jawbreakers replicas.

Will report back on quality when they arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

ordered a pair of foakleys on 15th dec, still waiting. will open a dispute in 15 days if they don't arrive. had 3 pairs previously sent without a problem so fingers crossed these show up too.

I think an post are still only getting around to the pre-christmas chinese orders. Just going to give a mention again, if there's something you don't mind paying a bit extra for, if you get delivery to the UK (AddressPal, Parcel Motel etc) you'll get it much quicker in my experience. Had a jersey delivered within 2 weeks over christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I got a pair of Bolle 6th Sense glasses from Aliexpress. They were €11 delivered and I love them. They come with 3 lens and the quality is excellent. They arrived in a hardshell case along with cloth, storage bag and lanyard. How they can produce, sell and post them for €11 is hard to understand.

I know the whole argument against replica/fake glasses but at the rate I go through glasses (either losing them, forgetting them at a coffee stop or breaking them) I am not willing to pay any more than a few quid for them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-BOLL-Cycling-Outdoor-Sports-Bicycle-Sunglasses-bicicleta-Gafas-ciclismo-Cycling-Glasses-Eyewear/32843971076.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.270.pNY5C5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone spot any safety pin alternatives like RaceDots or EventClips from the Chinese sites? I see plenty of runner's belts, but nothing for cyclists.

I got a pair of Bolle 6th Sense glasses from Aliexpress. They were €11 delivered and I love them. They come with 3 lens and the quality is excellent. They arrived in a hardshell case along with cloth, storage bag and lanyard. How they can produce, sell and post them for €11 is hard to understand.

I know the whole argument against replica/fake glasses but at the rate I go through glasses (either losing them, forgetting them at a coffee stop or breaking them) I am not willing to pay any more than a few quid for them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-BOLL-Cycling-Outdoor-Sports-Bicycle-Sunglasses-bicicleta-Gafas-ciclismo-Cycling-Glasses-Eyewear/32843971076.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.270.pNY5C5

Set order, thanks!!!

always find that the most reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

anyone bought parts from ali express.... thoughts in terms of quality ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

There’s already a thread in AliExpress clothing/gear.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057768221/1/#post104198434

The link to the winter gloves in the OP doesn't lead anywhere anymore, can anyone recommend a pair? I lost my own ones during Snowmageddon somehow (devastated :() and there's still a bit of cold weather ahead, was baltic this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Anyone spot any safety pin alternatives like RaceDots or EventClips from the Chinese sites? I see plenty of runner's belts, but nothing for cyclists.

Hmmm, I ordered a set of 25 magnets from ebay. 1.75Kg pull force, I think race dots or the equivalent I was looking at were 1.2Kg.

Total came in about 12 euro incl. delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Hmmm, I ordered a set of 25 magnets from ebay. 1.75Kg pull force, I think race dots or the equivalent I was looking at were 1.2Kg.

Total came in about 12 euro incl. delivery.
    I went with the first link positron posted. They arrived last week (7 weeks from China), and they seem OK so far. Grippy enough to leave a slight indentation mark on the race numbers after a few minutes, but still easy enough to pull apart when wanted.

No idea what pull force they have. I've not had a chance to try them in a race yet, so time will tell if my ~€7.75 was wasted :)

Advertisement