Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling bargains from AliExpress & other Chinese websites

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭MollsGap

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Hard to see this price being beaten.

http://www.adverts.ie/11892239

thanks. very competitive indeed, well worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Any chance these are not Jagwire cables? Lots of Jagwire products on ali, but are they...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Any chance these are not Jagwire cables? Lots of Jagwire products on ali, but are they...?

Probably a good chance to be honest at the price. Adverts is full of lads ordering off ali express and selling on at a mark up. He has good feedback to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Probably a good chance to be honest at the price. Adverts is full of lads ordering off ali express and selling on at a mark up. He has good feedback to be fair.

Agreed. Steel cable is quite generic. Maybe the housings and teflon coated cable are most likely to be poorer. However jagwire probably get their cables made in China!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Any recommendations for brake/gear cables and housing from Aliexpress? I want to buy in bulk but it is hard to figure out what kind of quality you will receive.

I have bought the cables and outers linked below in the last few weeks - all good, quality fine. Takes about 6 weeks for delivery

Gear cable
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-PCS-Road-Bike-2M-Inner-Steel-Wire-Silver-Shift-Shifter-Speed-Change-Gear-Brake-Cable/32668323182.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OwPSjw

Brake and Gear outer
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Road-Bike-MTB-bicycles-brake-cable-line-gear-shift-bike-brake-cable-sets-black-white-green/32721552294.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OwPSjw

Brake cable
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Road-bike-MTB-Bike-Fixed-Gear-Bicycle-Brake-Line-Shift-Shifter-Gear-Brake-Cable-Sets-Core/32362389862.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.LViFI5

• Advertisement

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Anyone order kids gear from Ali ??
    Cheers
    Marty.

I've ordered from this store in the past for my 14 yr old daughter - Giant Liv set - jersey is a cracker, bib shorts average
    $25 for the set

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1523028?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.GdZ93V

boomdocker wrote: »
    I have bought the cables and outers linked below in the last few weeks - all good, quality fine. Takes about 6 weeks for delivery
    [/url]

Great prices but why so long with the delivery time? The summer would be over before a jersey gets delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

MollsGap wrote: »
    Great prices but why so long with the delivery time? The summer would be over before a jersey gets delivered!

Because they generally post for free using the every day snail mail (ship not air) and so it takes considerably longer. Generally anything from 3 to 6 weeks.

Exactly as the previous poster said.

Sure just plan ahead ;)

boomdocker wrote: »
    Exactly as the previous poster said.

Sure just plan ahead ;)

Bargains to be got if I get more organised!
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

KEYIYUAN Cycling Summer Long Sleeve Men's Bicycle Shirt Mountain Bike Breathable Outdoor Sweatshirt Sun Protection
    http://s.aliexpress.com/eQRVvMni
    (from AliExpress Android)

Received this jersey last week. Pretty decent for 12e. I like the wee rear zip pocket. Happy enough. Have ordered the same jersey in red and yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

[URL] http://s.aliexpress.com/JRzYZBRz[/URL]

Took a chance on these for turbo use over the winter, messing with ear phone cables when flat out on the turbo is quite annoying and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Anyone got any experience of Racmmer bibs? Going to be back on the commuter once or twice a week (sorry TrainerRoad!), so could do with a few more spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just got a Racmmer jersey in the post, the long sleeve fleece one. Ordered 23/9.

The sleeves are too long and baggy, but worse than that is the zip, which broke straight away. Pretty disappointing, especially since the material itself feels quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

Brian wrote: »
    Just got a Racmmer jersey in the post, the long sleeve fleece one. Ordered 23/9.

The sleeves are too long and baggy, but worse than that is the zip, which broke straight away. Pretty disappointing, especially since the material itself feels quite nice.

I ordered on the 26/9 so must be getting close. looking forward to getting mine soon ordered a few bits will report back when they arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

anyone recommend decent lights 1600 lumens for fire road cycling from ali express?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Anyone got any experience of Racmmer bibs? Going to be back on the commuter once or twice a week (sorry TrainerRoad!), so could do with a few more spares.

Got bibshorts a few weeks ago from them. Fit was perfect but my ass has never been as sore. Even though the pad looks and feels good. I’m feeling it after just a couple of Km.

On the other hand the pad on these ones is great and comfortable but the sizing is a bit smaller.
    http://s.aliexpress.com/j6nMrANf

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Brian wrote: »

Open a dispute and upload photos of the broken zip. Let ali express step in and they'll most likely decide in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Heads up the 11.11 sale is on this Saturday on AliExpress. Extra few euro off here and there!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Anyone come across a half decent Gabba style jacket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Heads up the 11.11 sale is on this Saturday on AliExpress. Extra few euro off here and there!

Not really as they put the prices up only to reduce back to what they normally sell at so don't be fooled by so called price reductions

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

A question on sizing.thinking of picking up a few retro jerseys I'm 6'2" 80 kilos.normally xl or 2xl Italian.L in Rapha. M in Aldi go figure!s the sizing accurate or does it vary?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

A question on sizing.thinking of picking up a few retro jerseys I'm 6'2" 80 kilos.normally xl or 2xl Italian.L in Rapha. M in Aldi go figure!s the sizing accurate or does it vary?
    Each item should have a sizing chart - I've not had an issue basing it off those. It will vary item to item tbh. Some I'm a medium, some are Asian sizing and I'm an XXL.

sizing is a minefield in my experience

just last week, I received a pair of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Arsuxeo-S-XL-Outdoor-Sport-Cycling-Shorts-Men-s-Climbing-Running-Shorts-Quick-Dry-Spandex-Marathon/32824568140.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.yTm6sR

Picked size S, for my 14 yr old, so according to the size chart that would be right

However, they are much bigger than stated and fit me - so for a 33" in waist instead of 31-32 as the size chart suggests

On the plus side - the quality is really good and they fit me perfectly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Each item should have a sizing chart - I've not had an issue basing it off those. It will vary item to item tbh. Some I'm a medium, some are Asian sizing and I'm an XXL.

Exact same experience.
    Look at the sizing chart on each item.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Racmmer summer jerseys - good fit (L), maybe a little tight.

Racmmer winter jersey - ordered the same size, seems 1-2 sizes too large....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Alek wrote: »
    Racmmer summer jerseys - good fit (L), maybe a little tight.

Racmmer winter jersey - ordered the same size, seems 1-2 sizes too large....

Did you buy from same store?
    Did you look at sizing chart on both listings?

I haven't bought racmmer stuff but bought loads of other stuff/bibs/jerseys and always got what I expected based on the sizing chart in the actual listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Got this Racmmer 2018 Long Pro Thermal Fleece Cycling Jersey Tis grand for €16 delvered. Used it only once so far. Ordered Large, usualy take a large in Italian sizing but the sizing is fine.

Also got this to match Racmmer Warm 2018 Winter Thermal Fleece Cycling Long Bicycle Bib however the sizing on the legs is not right. The material used seems to be the same for the Jersey which is not very stretchy. I don't have big Quads, but I couldn't pull these up comfortably on my legs. The size in height seems to be fine, I'm 72kg and 180cm.

diarmaidol wrote: »
    Got this Racmmer 2018 Long Pro Thermal Fleece Cycling Jersey Tis grand for €16 delvered. Used it only once so far. Ordered Large, usualy take a large in Italian sizing but the sizing is fine.

Also got this to match Racmmer Warm 2018 Winter Thermal Fleece Cycling Long Bicycle Bib however the sizing on the legs is not right. The material used seems to be the same for the Jersey which is not very stretchy. I don't have big Quads, but I couldn't pull these up comfortably on my legs. The size in height seems to be fine, I'm 72kg and 180cm.

Super pricing on those items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

That blue padding is not great and gives way after less than a dozen rides, Go 3d or 4d padding or orange bit not blue.
    Binned the blue padding bibs racammer 2/3s way through mizen to malin 3 day.
    Sh$te.

Advertisement