Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CAR Modding!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by Odian

Would stick on them deadly Lexus Is200 rear lights,maybe a F50 bonnet with M3 side mirrors,and all on 17's

would get some kind of have decent induction kit and exhaust system

is200 lights are the most ridiculous fad ever... and only look good on one make of car. namely the is200/300, plus they'll be out of fashion in two months for car modders.

f50 bonnet? have you ever seen an f50? the bonnets you are thinking of are styled after mitsubishi evo 5/6s.

either way a 106 is a decent option, go for the sport pack (so at least you get a rev meter and decent seats).. otherwise equipment levels are next to nothing, on the plus side they handle beautifully when driven hard, although suspension is a bit too hard for aggressive driving on dodgy backroads and the engine although obviously a bit pants being a 1.1 is quite revvy and fun to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

f50 bonnet? have you ever seen an f50? the bonnets you are thinking of are styled after mitsubishi evo 5/6s.

the EVO bonnets have 2 flat air intakes directly in the centre on bonnet with usually grilll mesh or something,The F50 bonnets are stlyed on the Ferrari with a kind of swooping inwards/curvy cut in it
    is200 lights are the most ridiculous fad ever

sorry bout taste been so inferior to yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 toloola

I have a 94 clio it fully kitted out look the dogs bullock. I would advise u to go to www.maxed-ie.net. This site is for maxer. U`ll get all the information u need and the help for other maxer in ireland. They tell u want hot and what not.
    The tell u what cruise are on and where u can show off ur car.
    Look out for me i register as toloola on that site too.
    If they ask tell them i sent u.

car modding seems to be bigger then i thought,great site
    thanks

registered aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I am be covering the same ground here again....BUT..

Modding needs planning....I see lots of HORRIFIC modifications and only some nice examples...

You need to take the following into account....

1) Resale Value - your choice of style is different from other people so dont overdo it

2) Cost of modding - dumping 2grand into an evolution kit on an old cheapo car just doesnt make sense

3) Practicality - Think of Irish roads and speed dumps which eat front splitters when too low, etc

4) Fitting - Unless you understand firbreglass, bonding and plastics like a second nature, dont do it yourself

5) Performance - what affect does the modifcations have to handling/aerodynamics/etc? it is a danger?

I also have one question......WHY THE FLUCK do people put those RIDICULOUS Knight-rider LED's on their car......I just dont know....brings a whole new meaning to NAFF! What do they think "I think my car is Kitt, YES! It must be Kitt, because it has four wheels and sometimes DOES have a mind of its own! YEs, I shall call it Kitt, and gets it's eye....oh oh....I need the Kitt watch??!!? Argh....Kitt? Kitt? Come in Kitt? Collect me at Tesco's will ya?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Has anyone done anything to a Celica GT ? if you do post me some pics..

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Quick tip to anyone who is interested in modding (or not).
    Get a K&N air filter . Even if it is the only thing you do to your engine it will be worth it. Better sound, quicker throttle response and better fuel economy, all for the price of 2 tanks of petrol. Speaking of which it cost me €38 to fill my car the other night, brought tears to my eyes handing the money over " Is your mother proud of you?"

I also have one question......WHY THE FLUCK do people put those RIDICULOUS Knight-rider LED's on their car

or even worse i saw a red civic with a crappy little neon light underneath the back reg plate....diasaster looking

Resale Value - your choice of style is different from other people so dont overdo it

Saw some ads selling a 93/94 Punto done up to the teeth and asking for €6500.Bloody stupid.Probably making a loss at that aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Hey toloola - whats the clio?

I sold a Metalic Navy 95 D 16v early 2001 and bought a 172. Much as I love my 172, I've fond memories of that old 1.8 16v engine. Was a great car.

pH

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Originally posted by Odian
    Especially a Punto. They aren't the most reliable things in the world, even before mr. boy racer tries to make it as loud as possible.

Not the most reliable? I bought my first ever car last year, a spanky new fiat punto 1.2 60s standard,standard,standard. Ive had no trouble other than an 18 stone friend damaging the front passenger seat when he tripped over the door sill and fell on it while it was folded down to let some1 in the back!!! And they fixed that at the Fiat Auto place on the feltrim road in 20 minutes the next day!!

I love my punto, i was going to get alloys and color coded bumpers, but the new Punto elegance works out cheaper if i just trade mine in for it! :o)

My advice? buy fiat, they used to be crap allright, but they were the top selling small car of 2000/2001 in ireland, so they all cant be wrong, only drawback? Jimmy next door will probably have one too :) and as for mods, look no further than the Abarth kits available for them.

BTW my insurance was last year £3750 punts, prov licence, fully comp, and the engines are all fuel injection as standard, but only count as 1.2 !!! oooh what fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I say more power to ppl who mod their cars.. its something sthat is very hard to do well on a budget, so unfortunately many cars look worse after the mods, but there are a growing number of properly prepared cars around now.

As some one posted earlier www.maxed-ie.net will show you both the good and the bad. If you are into modding, you really should check out the site. Its a rapidly growing community with all sorts good and bad intelligent and just plain stupid. Its a bit like boards but for Nerd with cars, as opposed to boards with so many nerds with computers.

These guys mod their cars like so many of us overclock or mod our pcs.

V.

http://www.maxed-ie.net/

^^^ defintaly one to have in ure favourites

Advertisement