Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stellar XLM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Tron. Bought some. So kinky my mouse clicks going to pay for artists.

One would hope......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Can anyone explain why I can't withdraw my CALM from Binance? Trying to transfer to wallet.

Same with my ADA at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Can anyone explain why I can't withdraw my CALM from Binance? Trying to transfer to wallet.

Same with my ADA at the moment.

Probably just wallet maintenance. Each wallet goes offline for withdrawals randomly from time to time when they are doing it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Taking a dip now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Serious dip :0 takes some courage to hold through this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Serious dip :0 takes some courage to hold through this

Just hold. If you look at charts across pretty much every coin you will see similar trends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Agree, just looking at coinmarketcap. Most alts are down, BTC seems to moving up so likely people moving into that. I'm currently at a loss with my XLM investment so no option but to hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

its a dip but it has gone up 10,000% since august lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep, just zoom out on whatever graph you're following

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Agree, just looking at coinmarketcap. Most alts are down, BTC seems to moving up so likely people moving into that. I'm currently at a loss with my XLM investment so no option but to hold.

Or bitcoin is up as people have to buy it in order to turn there alt coins into cash as most can't be exchanged directly for actual money

I wonder how much of the Bitcoin price at this level is supported by that and the need to buy it before you buy other alts as it's sure as he'll useless as a currency when it's so volatile and expensive to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I dont understand why you are hodl XLM. it was a few cents not so long ago and may return there.

Sell it and but back in after it finishes correcting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Does sepa transfer at weekends?

I transfered thursday and showing in my online banking as deducted (but maybe it isn't ). Could it go tomcoinbase tomorrow?

Would now be a good time to get in on xlm?

Just bought in. Been pretty lucky at buying in at the bottom lately. So lets hope the rot stops here.

I dont understand why you are hodl XLM. it was a few cents not so long ago and may return there.

Sell it and but back in after it finishes correcting

Easy said in hindsight. When would you have sold exactly? When you made this post it had just dropped to 3690 SATS, it briefly dropped to 3609 SATS in the next 30 minute candle and has steadily increased passed 3690 since then. So anyone selling then would venting back in at a higher price currently.

The drops seen yesterday happened over a 24 hour window due to a rise BTC, XLM volumes stayed consistent. It's impossible to know how long a dip is going to last. I see more people regretting trying to time dips and highs and losing some of their stack than visa versa. If you believe in long term gains of a coin holding is your safest bet.

Just bought in. Been pretty lucky at buying in at the bottom lately. So lets hope the rot stops here.

Nice timing. Up over roughly 800SATS per coin since your buy in. Let me know what your next buy is!!

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Nice timing. Up over roughly 800SATS per coin since your buy in. Let me know what your next buy is!!

If only it was always this easy :P

Easy said in hindsight. When would you have sold exactly? When you made this post it had just dropped to 3690 SATS, it briefly dropped to 3609 SATS in the next 30 minute candle and has steadily increased passed 3690 since then. So anyone selling then would venting back in at a higher price currently.

The drops seen yesterday happened over a 24 hour window due to a rise BTC, XLM volumes stayed consistent. It's impossible to know how long a dip is going to last. I see more people regretting trying to time dips and highs and losing some of their stack than visa versa. If you believe in long term gains of a coin holding is your safest bet.

The correction was always on the cards with a 16c coin turning into an 80c coin.

Personally, I followed it every few hours and kept setting new stop losses at 3/4 the price. Its fairly clear that coins like this get pumped and dumped fairly quick. I dont see the point in holding because I can sell them and jump back in at a lower price.

I think this coin has great potential and will follow it .

I just found an old email with another few hundred in a seprate wallet. Happy days.

The correction was always on the cards with a 16c coin turning into an 80c coin.

Personally, I followed it every few hours and kept setting new stop losses at 3/4 the price. Its fairly clear that coins like this get pumped and dumped fairly quick. I dont see the point in holding because I can sell them and jump back in at a lower price.

I think this coin has great potential and will follow it .

I just found an old email with another few hundred in a seprate wallet. Happy days.

Yeah I get that, but where would one jump out when it was on it's rise? 30c, 40c, 50c, 60c? If you jumped out at any of those points you were never getting a chance to buy back in at a cheaper rate. Yes if you timed it perfectly and jumped out at 90c or even 80c you had ample opportunity to buy back in around the 60c and 70c mark.

XLM started to climb at the same time as XRP when the big ripple announcement was made today. Funny thing is though Lumens have seen over twice the percentage gain compared to ripple (on bittrex anyway). Ripple currently at 8.3% while Lumens are over 18%.

I find that somewhat interesting seeing as the two are always so closely linked.

A very intersting announcement regarding Stellar Lumens kinda gone under the radar today

https://www.finder.com.au/stellar-lumens-pundi-x-partnership

People in Indonesia can now potentially use Lumens as a currency in their every day lives while businesses can use it for cross border payments, Indonesia has a population of 260 million people. Even a small percentage of that market would be huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Freddie2008

What exchange are ye lads using to buy Lumens. I've signed up for Bitstamp in the UK but still waiting on verification.

Binance

We'll I've not bought any - Just toying with the free ones I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

What exchange are ye lads using to buy Lumens. I've signed up for Bitstamp in the UK but still waiting on verification.

Coinmarketcap will let you know all the exchanges a coin is listed on.

Binance for me too btw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Mine are still in my wallet. Not sure if I should send them to Binance, for 2 reasons: 1, they say never keep them on an exchange, and 2, if they're there, I'll probably try and trade them, and lose them all somehow.

Poloniex has always been a good source for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Available to buy on Bittrex and Binance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

DO NOT LOGIN TO ANY BLACKWALLET WEBSITE!
    Your XLM will be stolen in the moment you login!
    If you used Blackwallet in the past and have funds there, then login to Stellar Account Viewer to use them. If you don't login in the Blackwallet website your XLM is safe.
    There's a script in the official Blackwallet website which will send all your XLM to a hacker's wallet immediately after you login. Please, use the official Stellar Account Viewer to check your funds and use them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I signed up for Stellar back in 2014, obtained a small balance and forgot about it.

I've signed in today for the first time in years and was prompted to upgrade my account, which I duly did (making a note of public and private keys in the process).

When I sign into the Stellar Account Viewer, it tells me that I have 0 lumens, and that "This account doesn't exist on the network. To create this account, send it at least 1 lumen (XLM) to fulfill the minimum balance."

Have I done something wrong, or it is simply a case of waiting for the Stellar blockchain to verify my account upgrade transaction?

For those people who had two accounts or more.

You will not be able to release you last 20 lumuns as it is a min amount to keep you accounts open..

If you have more than one account though, you can mearge the accounts together which will in turn transfer you balances to one main account.

This will mean you can now withdraw more lumuns.

https://thor1887.github.io/stellar-extended-merge/

• Advertisement

For those people who had two accounts or more.

You will not be able to release you last 20 lumuns as it is a min amount to keep you accounts open..

If you have more than one account though, you can mearge the accounts together which will in turn transfer you balances to one main account.

This will mean you can now withdraw more lumuns.

https://thor1887.github.io/stellar-extended-merge/

Just to note, this base reserve for wallets dropped to .5 Lumens last week.

The Mobius public ICO begins on the 18th January and they will only accept XLM from people looking to buy in. The Mobius pre-sale was pretty much invite only apparently and they raised $30m.

This will hopefully kickstart a nice run up for Stellar with their 2018 roadmap due out on the 25th I believe and then FairX Beta testing starting early February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I don't know if this is a good endorsement or not at this stage :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

First thought that went through my head as well…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

guy is full of sh*t and probably about to ruin a very good coin

now considering dumping when the inevitable pump happens

• Advertisement

It's already done. Went up about 800sats and dropped back down about 700. Hopefully that cleared out a few sell orders as there were a lot of walls up stopping progress.

Yeah it's 4 years old , nothing until December and now it's going to change the world.

I think code updates even stopped in 2015 as per GitHub.

It's a great protocol but the Lumens are really secondary to the underlying network.

It would be great to see it take off and not become just a gambling option in the current environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The man is a complete headcase. He's fully aware that bots are set to react to his posts and can manipulate prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

He’s probably just exited because he found out that Belize mercenaries are now accepting Lumens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Big drop. Down to $0.48 this morning.

• Advertisement

A lot of red across the board today...

A Dutch article predicting a potential 1000% increase in Lumens in 2018

https://slimbeleggen.com/trends/cryptomunt-maakt-volgens-4-experts-meeste-kans-om-1-000-stijgen-2018/

They do say the price by the end of 2018 could range between .75c and $20. They are really leaving some wriggle room for themselves with that prediction :D

I'd wet my pants if it went to $5. I'd require urgent medical attention if it went to $10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

A Dutch article predicting a potential 1000% increase in Lumens in 2018

https://slimbeleggen.com/trends/cryptomunt-maakt-volgens-4-experts-meeste-kans-om-1-000-stijgen-2018/

They do say the price by the end of 2018 could range between .75c and $20. They are really leaving some wriggle room for themselves with that prediction :D

I'd wet my pants if it went to $5. I'd require urgent medical attention if it went to $10.

Articles like that should really be ignored.

Go multiple XLM circulating supply by $20 and see where is ends up in the Top 10 list and then come back and tell me it's still feasible by 2019?

The best we could all hope for is the highest single digit dollar figure possible, and even at that would require the overall crypto market cap probably multiplying by x3 or even x4

That's my 2 cents worth

Articles like that should really be ignored.

Go multiple XLM circulating supply by $20 and see where is ends up in the Top 10 list and then come back and tell me it's still feasible by 2019?

The best we could all hope for is the highest single digit dollar figure possible, and even at that would require the overall crypto market cap probably multiplying by x3 or even x4

That's my 2 cents worth

Yeah I agree, they are way out with their $20 figure. I was just laughing at the large margin for error they left themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

I think the price drop could have been caused by kraken issuing the lumens to Bitcoin holders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    I think the price drop could have been caused by kraken issuing the lumens to Bitcoin holders
    There was a price drop right across almost all cryptos not just Lumen and/or BC.

its on a downward trend . I hope to get some more around when it hits 4000sats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

For the past 4 days it has been gaining, albeit slowly.

I wouldn't wait too long. Their roadmap is being released on the 25th.

As a matter of curiosity, it's at 4109sats now. Would you judge that as close enough or wait to drop lower? This is the bit I always find odd for people who continue to wait. That 109sats is about .01c then people get left regretting not getting in when they could and the coin is on the rise.

Another pretty strong article on XLM here https://btcmanager.com/stellar-lumens-takes-top-cryptocurrency/

Take from it what you will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement