Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official EPCR Champions Cup Preview Thread - A New Hope

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Leinster
    Racing spared there's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Bahaha

Northampton
    What an unbelievable blunder. Hilarious but awful for the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Glasgow
    I think the real injury he has there is shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I reckon he's just dropped it and faked that injury, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Pisi down with a broken ego

Glasgow
    Sprog 4 wrote: »
    I reckon he's just dropped it and faked that injury, lol

I've seen it before and I wouldn't be surprised. There was no pulling up until the ball started to fall from his arm.

Apologies to him if he's genuinely hurt but I'm doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I thought the sin bin was harsh

the intercept and drop (injury or not) was just bizarre, hope he is ok

I can see Racing holding out here

Northampton
    Northampton press release on Monday:

"In other news, Gerge Pisi is available for selection next week. The player underwent a scan on Sunday which showed a minor laceration to his Ego and some bruising to his confidence but his leg was completely fine".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

Sexton has been kicking really well today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Saracens
    He's deceptively strong in contact isn't he.

Glasgow
    Gorgeous George loves a good whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Clancy is taking the piss here. He's screwing Racing.

Glasgow
    Clancy, brilliant. "Was it you?"

"No, ref. It was one of the Saints players, best bin him."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Is Clancy seriously going to ignore the swinging arm on Sexton?

e:Penalty reversed,fair enough

Glasgow
    It was cynical on Sexton. I suspect if it was another player they wouldn't have tried smashing him like that. He must be utterly fed up of opposition teams trying to take him out of games.

Sexton off.

Glasgow
    Kanrith wrote: »
    Sexton off.

Think he was ok though. He took the penalty. Definitely concerning to see him clocked by a high arm given he's just back from his second jaw.

Glasgow
    Ugh. Can't stand Dowson. People can talk about Lawes all they want. Dowson is the cheap shot master.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ulster
    Buer wrote: »
    Ugh. Can't stand Dowson. People can talk about Lawes all they want. Dowson is the cheap shot master.

Translate it into Latin and stick it over the door at the Gardens.

• Advertisement

Glasgow
    Philus est Phallus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ulster
    Bahahaha. Give em nowt.

Glasgow
    Justice. Conversion to deny them the LBP.

Hahah that was extremely funny considering what the commentators were saying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Northampton
    hahaha Delighted!!

Was that George North's kick that got deflected?

Glasgow
    Ben Foden.

The pro anglo commentary has been getting on my tits all afternoon, that was fecking hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Well done racing tackled well down to 14 took their chance

• Advertisement

Ben Foden.

Ah right, thanks.

Glasgow
    Just looked at their pool. Racing have a huge chance of proceeding out of this pool now.

Saracens

It was Tom Wood with the swinging arm on Sexton.

Or are you talking about something else...?

Glasgow
    Hagz wrote: »
    It was Tom Wood with the swinging arm on Sexton.

Or are you talking about something else...?

Dowson coming on and scoring. He's my most disliked player in the AP.

Absolute master at late shoulder charging a player getting the ball away through the hands. Nasty git and a mouth too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Not a good day for prospective English internationals. Cipriani and Myler didn't hold their bottle when it mattered. I suppose Cipriani can at least point at a decent overall performance whereas Myler didn't impress at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Watching Leicester and Ulster and I'm not sure if it's the BT coverage or the fact that it's a sponsor-less, soul-less tournament with no history but I'm just not getting the same buzz of excitement I used to get from the 1st round of Heineken cup games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

thelad95 wrote: »
    Watching Leicester and Ulster and I'm not sure if it's the BT coverage or the fact that it's a sponsor-less, soul-less tournament with no history but I'm just not getting the same buzz of excitement I used to get from the 1st round of Heineken cup games.

But the main change with playoff for qualification doesnt really have an affect until next season? Contrary to the promotions on the telly, theres very little different right now for the people viewing. And I dunno... I found the match last night to be uninspiring, but the matches today on bt werent all that bad.

Clermont and sarries kept things fairly tight on the scoreboard. Bath under acheived big time, for all they seemed to be playing when I was flicking back and forth to it.

Glasgow
    Absolutely no difference whatsoever in terms of the games on the field aside from the participants actually being of a higher calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I really don't get that point :confused:.

I mean nothing changed really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Racing
    Clegg wrote: »
    Not a good day for prospective English internationals. Cipriani and Myler didn't hold their bottle when it mattered. I suppose Cipriani can at least point at a decent overall performance whereas Myler didn't impress at all.

Was Myler considered a prospective? He's just average, very average. Like Ryan Lamb.

Cipriani has talent but is an idiot. Freddie Burns... I rate him quite highly, but he's made plenty of mistakes against Ulster already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭phog

So far in round one, the home team has won their games bar Sale and looking ahead to tomorrow's fixtures then it looks like Munster will be the only team to get an away win this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Leinster
    Metro odds on to go through if they get a losing bonus next week. Each team in that pool should get 10 off Treviso which sets them up really well. I'd expect Northampton to pick up the BP next week at home to Ospreys and the 10 off Treviso so still plenty of prospect for them. This is the only pool that resembles the old competition standard. If Metro are serious they'd want to keep the foot on the gas and run the tries in next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Don't get you at all tbh. Thinks it's been a great day of rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Leinster
    I think some people are less excited because it's no longer a cakewalk to the quarters. Much easier to get excited if you feel closer to winning it. The rugby today was terrific entertainment.

not sure that's true, some folk remember when there was only one Irish province who had won a HEC........I forget who it was as they never mentioned it, it was rarely a cakewalk for any of our sides, its one of the things that made the competition such a good one to enjoy.

Ive enjoyed todays rugby, the debacle last year has made watching it more of a challenge, a stream is never going to match a quality picture on a TV screen, but the games have been pretty good so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think there's a bit of looking through rose tinted glasses when talking about previous seasons as I'm not sure if people where that excited about first round games last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

As a connacht fan I gotta say the lack of coverage in the second tier comp and coz of that the lack of tmo is annoying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

From years past I thought Sky used to cover some Challenge Cup (Thurs, Sunday night, and maybe a red button option on a Saturday) games so it's strange that it's abandoned completely this season.

Agreed, the debacle of last year has left me paying the same amount for less of a product. I no longer have the same range of choice on HEC weekends. That's annoying to say the least.

(Im a sky subscriber but not BT)

Saracens
    Chris Ashton is just two tries shy of equalling Shane Horgan's record, having played less than half the amount of games. Love him or hate him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,814 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ulster
    Hagz wrote: »
    Chris Ashton is just two tries shy of equalling Shane Horgan's record, having played less than half the amount of games. Love him or hate him....

He knows his way to the try line, every his worst critic couldn't deny that. He is also by most accounts a top fella, but on the pitch, jeez...I can't help but wish him ill fortune!

• Advertisement
Advertisement