Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-03-2006, 08:46   #16
Archeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumlady
My MIL used to frighten the life out of me, .
What does MIL mean?
Advertisement
02-03-2006, 09:10   #17
6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeron
What does MIL mean?

Mother-in-Law, at least thats what i took it to mean.
02-03-2006, 10:54   #18
Archeron

Aah, thank you. Common sense didnt prevail for me on that one.
02-03-2006, 11:17   #19
magnumlady

Sorry I should have written it properly, it is indeed Mother in law.
02-03-2006, 12:28   #20

I've had one or two experiences I can't explain.

One involved me staying with my cousin on all souls night. Was only in my teens and was just the two of us in the house. Went to bed (sharing a room with my cousin) and she stayed up. I woke up later, in what I figured was the middle of the night, to see her getting out of bed across the room (I'm a really light sleeper). Remember her walking out of the room, because I remember the light coming in as the door opened. I also remember not recognising her nightdress , which was long and white, and thinking her hair looked longer than normal.

Anyway, went back to sleep and was woken a second time by the doorbell. Got up, a bit confused and wandered down to open the door. Was my cousin, fully dressed (in what she had been wearing earlier). It was 3am, I asked her why she got and got dressed so later and she said she popped to her friends house across the road shortly after I went to bed and had never gone upstairs.

When I questioned my aunt the next day, she says that that is the room (and location of the bed) where her mother died. Needless to say my cousin moved her bed over to the other side of the room.

Even if I was dreaming, I'd have no reason to imagine someone I didn't recognise getting out of a bed in that area of the room. I don't think I was dreaming though, because I certainly remember it all clearly and I don't remember my dreams usually.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-03-2006, 13:03   #21
Scoops

When is all souls night?
02-03-2006, 13:06   #22

November 2nd, unless its a sunday in which case its November 3rd.
02-03-2006, 13:10   #23
Scoops

I've never heard of it, whats the deal with it?
02-03-2006, 13:24   #24

Google/Wiki are your friends.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2006, 15:31   #25
fruitcake

anyone ever know anything about Padre Pio coming to visit someone right before they die?
03-03-2006, 16:19   #26

My aunt had an experience on a beach with her husband, 3 people had drowned the week previously,it was a major tragedy as you can imagine at the time.
Anyway she was walking on the beach late one evening in the summer and it was getting dark when she saw three people walking towards them,hardly unusual and quite common, when she stepped aside a bit to avoid walking into them she said good evening............nothing and instead of the oncoming three stepping aside a bit they brushed straight through them.......my aunt and uncle froze completely, looked around eventually but nobody there.

I know alot of these stories go around when your kids and alot of them are just ghost stories but the thing i always remember was my aunt didnt like talking about it.....
(3) thanks from:
04-03-2006, 15:41   #27

I'm one of those persons who does not believe in spirits or ghosts. I have to state this first off.

In Edinburgh a few years ago, I went on one of those walking tours of the haunted sites. Well, to cut a long story short, we ended up in Greyfriars Kirkyard, in the tomb of one Black MacKenzie; an evil sod by all accounts.

This tomb had a rep for poltergeist and other activity. Me being the unbeliever was having a good time watching the reactions of those around me. When the tour was over I went back to the pub with a few people for a pint or three... Everyone was staring at me as soon as we got into the light. I had a long scratch down my right cheek and the beginnings of a bruise under my eye. I did not feel a thing in the tomb or anywhere along the tour.

When I got back to the hostel, much to my surprise, when I took the jeans off there was what looked like a hand print on my ankle; as if someone had gripped it real tight. It freaked me out a wee bit!!

It took weeks for the scratch and 'print' to disappear.

I have been back to the place a few times since but have had no other 'injuries', but one night I was convinced I was followed around the graveyard but could not see anything or anyone else when I turned.

Hope you don't mind an unbeliever posting, but I think it might interest you all.
04-03-2006, 15:54   #28
stormkeeper

Send a message via ICQ to stormkeeper Send a message via AIM to stormkeeper Send a message via MSN to stormkeeper Send a message via Yahoo to stormkeeper Send a message via Skype™ to stormkeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless
Hope you don't mind an unbeliever posting, but I think it might interest you all.
Not at all

That was a really interesting story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thanks from:
04-03-2006, 16:11   #29
tk123

But if you don't believe in it how can you explain what happened boneless - i'm really interested in that?!!? I've tried to be an 'unbeliver' for a long time and take the sensible approach but there's lots of little things that make me a believer..well kind of.. My house for one - I'm freaked out by 3 rooms in my house - the front room, my old room and one of the bedrooms. Now in all 3 i'm a bit scared if I'm in there in the dark - I feel like i'm not alone. As mentioned earlier I had a sister who died - she died in one of the bedrooms 20+ yrs ago. To this day i'm a bit scared to go in there after dark. My nephew was staying a few years ago - he would have been abt 5ish at the time..anyhoos I was on the landing with him and we were walking by the bedroom in question, he asked me to close the door because he didnt like that room(he had no idea that somebody died in it) - that really freaked me out because he has no idea somebody died in there and when I was his age(and still now if i'm honest) I would close the door when I passed the room. In my old bedroom I'd get really bad nightmares and sleep paralisys(sp?) all the time with 'figures' coming into the room. I started calling for my mum one time when it happened and freaked her out out a bit - when I said it to her she said that her sis was babysitting for them on evening and flipped out because she thought she heard something in that room and made them come home..they moved me out of it after that! My mum's not religious at all but always says she wishes she had of gotten the house blessed when they move in - i'm tempted to ask her why but can't find the right time to bring it up....

My friend is really into ghosts etc since his brother died in an accident a few yrs ago. He's gone to mediums etc. Anyhoo one night I was in his place(we'd bought had a few drinks) and he starts showing me photos of all his family. Anyhoos he shows me one of his bro holding one of the grandkids close enough to when he died, his bro is smilling in the pic but the kid looks scared to death, he asks me do I see anything weird abt the pic, when I take a closer look there's a hand on the back of the kids neck and there was definitely NOBODY standing behind them. If that wasn't enough he tells me the room I'm sleeping in is where his grandad died and that one of his sisters has seen him a few times at the end of the bed....with that I told him I was going to go home - he really scared the crap out of me!!
(2) thanks from:
06-03-2006, 14:31   #30

I and my family have had lots of weird experiences - I'll start with this one:-

Our family home was built on the site of an old thatched cottage. The first day we moved into the house a little black cat appeared on our doorstep - I kept feeding it and so it became our cat, we had the cat for about 4 years then it was killed on the road, anyway about a month later another cat appeared on the doorstep (another small black cat, this one had white paws), this cat eventually disappeared (we thought it went the same way as the other cat - killed on the road) anyway 2 weeks after this cat disappears another cat appears - a brown and black cat. We all thought it was wierd ... our house just seemed to attract cats - and the cats always came to the front door and sat outside waiting for someone to open the door to it! The strange thing was that we had a dog for 10 years and it hated cats ... none of these cats were scared of the dog. So that strange thing No. 1. Now to the real story. My parent's bedroom was directly above the sitting room in a dormer style room. About 10 years ago my aunt came over from the UK with her friend for a holiday, my parents gave them their room. Sometime during the night my aunt's friend had a heart attack and died in my parent's bed. Over the next few years the cabinet (with my mother's china collection) in the sitting room directly below my parent's bed would shake or rattle, sometimes my sister would be on her own watching TV and the drawer handle would rattle like someone was trying to open it. This was always happening. Then one night my father died of a heart attack in bed (he slept on the same side as my aunt's friend the night she died). A week after my father died we were all sitting in the sitting room with some visitors and there was a huge smashing sound from the cabinet ... my mother's prize china tea pot had just exploded in front of everyone! It was so wierd - nothing else was broken just the tea pot (it had been in pristine condition before) but now it was broken in two and the spout had multiple fractures, the handle had fallen off - it looked like someone had physically smashed it. We were all really spooked.

My mum couldn't stand to stay in the house after that, it seemed to be unlucky and so we moved.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion