Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

interstitial cystitis

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 phoenix10

LUONATTA wrote: »
    Hi, I noticed there were some responses to thread about Interstitial cystitis and commonly being confused with cystitis.
    IC in short is a chronic inflammation on the bladder wall.
    cystitis is a urinary tract infection and is usually treated with antibiotics.
    The two are in no way related and has to be understood that we are talking about INTERSTITIAL cystitis.
    I am almost 2 years on now with IC and have learnt several methods that relieve my pain and symptoms. I found that acupuncture helped greatly with the pain and also taking D Mannose which is a uti cleanser , it helps with low grade bacteria.
    I hear you kimdoll. I was also on amytripline and many other prescription drugs and they do help although the side effects can affect everyone differently. i was like a zombie on ammy, but my IC buddy in Dublin whom i met on boards is getting on great with it. Your doctor/urologist would be best to advise you on how to lessen the inflammation. did you get offered cystistat treatments?
    If you need support Kim, I would only be too happy to chat to you bout the trials and tribulations of this condition. but i have to say, i got my life back and have learnt to live with it and with careful consideration on diet and lifestyle you will find your trigger points and be able to cope better. I am sorry you are stressed . please do email me at any time and maybe we can start our own support group ! :)

Hi there! Cystitis is not, as far as I have been told by my urologist, a UTI. It's inflammation irritation thats travelled up into the bladder if it's cystitis. It's not lower in the ureter or urethra

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jccg

so glad to find this thread, I have been drinking cranberry juice ,,,I was told to stay away from tea coffee drinking chocolate ordinary or decaff,
    I really miss my coffee and do any of you get to drink even a cup of coffee?
    also can't understand it when i get pain when i'm sticking to the rules rigidly,
    lookinf forward to reading more info and anything that works for you

Advertisement