Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    cnocbui wrote: »
    I have already explained that finding Madeline's DNA in the car might not be a cause for suspicion. It's the context in which it is found that is important. I can't speak for SY, why don't you ask them?

They've been asked directly many times and refuse to answer. They are hiding something else they would have spoken. Your explanation of the DNA reads more like you didnt understand what was going on. I actually thought it was a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I have already explained that finding Madeline's DNA in the car might not be a cause for suspicion. It's the context in which it is found that is important. I can't speak for SY, why don't you ask them?

Yeah...... Scotland Yard can analyse mixed DNA profiles as have many police labs can now.

it's not just Perlin that can do this as been touted.

Our own Forensic Science Ireland (FSI) can do it :)
    The major advances in DNA profiling have not come about without associated challenges. “Because DNA profiling has become so sensitive we now face the challenge of amplifying up a lot of background DNA,” she said. But in the past two years, the FSI has introduced forensic software to help resolve mixed DNA profiles, that is, DNA profiles with more than one contributor, previously thought to be too complex to interpret, called STRmix.
    Touch DNA Transfer

“The future of forensic science is exciting. Recent developments in touch DNA are significant. One of the big challenges now facing forensic scientists, is the interpretation of how and when touch DNA was deposited in terms of transfer and persistence,” Dr Ramsbottom sa

https://www.imt.ie/features-opinion/scientific-sleuthing-helps-close-cold-cases-19-09-2019/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Yeah...... Scotland Yard can analyse mixed DNA profiles as have many police labs can now.

it's not just Perlin that can do this as been touted.

Our own Forensic Science Ireland (FSI) can do it :)

https://www.imt.ie/features-opinion/scientific-sleuthing-helps-close-cold-cases-19-09-2019/

MonkieSocks did you listen to the Maddie podcast? The advances in DNA testing are covered in great detail. A newer method of testing the DNA profiles collected mean Scotland Yard could advance the case. There are two different such methods. A free offer was made
    by one of the companies. Have a read into Roosevelt Glenn and Darryl Pinkins case where wrongly incarcerated individuals were freed after 40years in jail using one of the methods.

This is also an interesting thread https://reddit.app.link/BcQE4c7m83 I'm unsure why people are so emotionally involved with the family being innocent. So I'm going to unfollow the thread. If at any time Scotland yard is serious about solving the case they will have the DNA samples run through these newer statistical methods to get the maximum information available. Until then it remains obvious to me that the aim of Operation Grange is merely to cover up the accidental death. RIP Madeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

OwlsZat wrote: »
    MonkieSocks did you listen to the Maddie podcast?

No m8 I didn't

Podcasts are not evidence.

All the files are here http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/sitemap.htm

OwlsZat wrote: »
    So I'm going to unfollow the thread.

Take care...in all honesty....I don't think this case will be solved

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Accident happened, parents hid body

That might be fine if the cadaver dog did not point to a corpse in the apartment. I think they gave her a sleeping pill or the like and she went into cardiac arrest. Either way the investigation was fatally flawed in no small part attributable to Sky news and their constant reporting of their own take on what happened from the beginning with no evidence. Sky pushed the kidnapping narrative from day one. It is also clear from looking at interviews they gave they are lying or at least obfuscating the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,823 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That might be fine if the cadaver dog did not point to a corpse in the apartment. I think they gave her a sleeping pill or the like and she went into cardiac arrest. Either way the investigation was fatally flawed in no small part attributable to Sky news and their constant reporting of their own take on what happened from the beginning with no evidence. Sky pushed the kidnapping narrative from day one. It is also clear from looking at interviews they gave they are lying or at least obfuscating the truth.

Woof, woof.....woof woof woof.....woooof!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Looks like we might be about to get some answers on what happened here...finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Something Else
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Looks like we might be about to get some answers on what happened here...finally.

Can you give us some more info on your comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

?

Some breaking news?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Is it just the Indo rag carrying this story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Something Else
    There seems to be nothing of significance in this. It seems police have been aware of this guy for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

chicorytip wrote: »
    There seems to be nothing of significance in this. It seems police have been aware of this guy for years.

Certainly seems like the police believe something, the fact they have a suspect and are actively pursuing a lead, they have something in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I feel like every year around the anniversary something like this pops up. But hopefully this time it’s something significant. Time will tell.

Here[FORMER Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral has revealed a German paedophile suspected over Madeleine McCann’s disappearance is not Martin Ney.

The ex-cop sparked speculation Ney was the prime suspect after saying in an interview earlier this year investigators were focusing on a German paedophile in prison.

Madeleine disappeared days before her fourth birthday in May 2007 after parents Kate and Gerry left their children in their apartment in Praia da Luz.

Amaral was the officer initially in charge of the investigation and made the McCann's "arguidos" - or official suspects - before he was sacked from the case.

In his interview with an Australian podcast, he mentioned the possibility of a German paedophile being responsible - but he didn’t mention 49-year-old Hamburg-born child strangler Ney by name.

Instead he described the suspect only as someone who had been ruled out of the investigation into the missing British youngster in 2008 but later jailed in his home country.

Now Amaral, the original lead investigator in the case, has now said the suspect isn’t Ney, who was jailed for life in 2012 for abducting and murdering three children, and sexually abusing dozens more.

When he was shown a photo of him on Spanish TV, Amaral responded: “It can’t be him.”

“A paedophile who is German and serving life for killing children has been spoken about,” he told a show about missing adults and children.

“What I know is that the suspect is not him, it’s another man. He’s also in prison in Germany. He’s also a paedophile.”

In a bizarre twist, Amaral said the suspect looks similar to Madeleine’s dad Gerry before saying that Ney bears no resemblance to him.

The slur comes after years of legal wrangling between the former police chief and the missing youngster’s parents over his book ‘The Truth of the Lie.’

He claims in the controversial 2008 book that Gerry and Kate McCann had covered up their daughter’s accidental death in their holiday apartment.

The McCanns have made a last-ditch attempt to the European Court of Human Rights after losing a libel fight against Mr Amaral in Portugal.

Last year Amaral claimed MI5 spies had helped to cover up Madeleine’s death and disappearance.

He said British secret agents “for sure had an involvement” in an Australian documentary which aired in April 2018.

The McCanns have repeatedly said the fake accusations against them have harmed the search for Madeleine”

Looking through the thread and found this

Wonder is it the same individual as now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Here[FORMER Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral has revealed a German paedophile suspected over Madeleine McCann’s disappearance is not Martin Ney.

The ex-cop sparked speculation Ney was the prime suspect after saying in an interview earlier this year investigators were focusing on a German paedophile in prison.

Madeleine disappeared days before her fourth birthday in May 2007 after parents Kate and Gerry left their children in their apartment in Praia da Luz.

Amaral was the officer initially in charge of the investigation and made the McCann's "arguidos" - or official suspects - before he was sacked from the case.

In his interview with an Australian podcast, he mentioned the possibility of a German paedophile being responsible - but he didn’t mention 49-year-old Hamburg-born child strangler Ney by name.

Instead he described the suspect only as someone who had been ruled out of the investigation into the missing British youngster in 2008 but later jailed in his home country.

Now Amaral, the original lead investigator in the case, has now said the suspect isn’t Ney, who was jailed for life in 2012 for abducting and murdering three children, and sexually abusing dozens more.

When he was shown a photo of him on Spanish TV, Amaral responded: “It can’t be him.”

“A paedophile who is German and serving life for killing children has been spoken about,” he told a show about missing adults and children.

“What I know is that the suspect is not him, it’s another man. He’s also in prison in Germany. He’s also a paedophile.”

In a bizarre twist, Amaral said the suspect looks similar to Madeleine’s dad Gerry before saying that Ney bears no resemblance to him.

The slur comes after years of legal wrangling between the former police chief and the missing youngster’s parents over his book ‘The Truth of the Lie.’

He claims in the controversial 2008 book that Gerry and Kate McCann had covered up their daughter’s accidental death in their holiday apartment.

The McCanns have made a last-ditch attempt to the European Court of Human Rights after losing a libel fight against Mr Amaral in Portugal.

Last year Amaral claimed MI5 spies had helped to cover up Madeleine’s death and disappearance.

He said British secret agents “for sure had an involvement” in an Australian documentary which aired in April 2018.

The McCanns have repeatedly said the fake accusations against them have harmed the search for Madeleine”

Looking through the thread and found this

Wonder is it the same individual as now

No because the guy you quoted is 49 and the new suspect is 43.

Meglamonia wrote: »

No because the guy you quoted is 49 and the new suspect is 43.

They mention in the above the 49 year old isn’t the suspect in question and someone else i prison in Germany

Is it likely? Probably not.

But it shows it’s been thought about for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 17,703 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Crazy that she would be 17 now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Meglamonia wrote: »

They mention in the above the 49 year old isn’t the suspect in question and someone else i prison in Germany

Is it likely? Probably not.

But it shows it’s been thought about for awhile

Ney is an evil bastard but into boys by the look of it and as stated is older.
    But what are the chances of two German paedophiles being in the area at the same time?that seems like one hell of a coincidence!
    Is it possible these two guys were working together in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

punchdrunk wrote: »

Ney is an evil bastard but into boys by the look of it and as stated is older.
    But what are the chances of two German paedophiles being in the area at the same time?that seems like one hell of a coincidence!
    Is it possible these two guys were working together in some way?

What was the chances of Mrs. McCann sitting down and drinking brandy with a pedophile in a house close to the resort shortly after the disappearance ?

It sounds like there was nothing but pedophiles in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

If this Pedophile in a German prison is found to be responsible for the disappearance of Madeline McCann, I hope all those people who falsely accused and in some cases, made life a living hell for the parents, hang there heads in shame.

For me, early indications about this suspect seem promising on shedding light on what really happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If this Pedophile in a German prison is found to be responsible for the disappearance of Madeline McCann, I hope all those people who falsely accused and in some cases, made life a living hell for the parents, hang there heads in shame.

For me, early indications about this suspect seem promising on shedding light on what really happened.

Exactly what I was thinking too. My guess is it’ll be radio silence from most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8387125/New-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-discussed-online-chatroom-years-later.html

This scumbag was all over the German tv/news yesterday as well. They've gone as far as to publishing his telephone number and showing the vehicle he was using at the time.

German police believe they are 'very close to an arrest'.

I really hope this is the closure the McCanns need, not only to finally put their daughter to rest, but also to silence the ghouls who have outright accused them of her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Something Else
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8387125/New-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-discussed-online-chatroom-years-later.html

This scumbag was all over the German tv/news yesterday as well. They've gone as far as to publishing his telephone number and showing the vehicle he was using at the time.

German police believe they are 'very close to an arrest'.

I really hope this is the closure the McCanns need, not only to finally put their daughter to rest, but also to silence the ghouls who have outright accused them of her death.
    Relax, it's June, budget season, this is bread and circuses for the masses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

cgcsb wrote: »
    Relax, it's June, budget season, this is bread and circuses for the masses.

Feels different this time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Something Else
    Mike3287 wrote: »
    Feels different this time

it's been 3 years since he claimed to 'know all about maddie' and was ratted out to the cops. Why now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The parents did it
    I agree with everyone saying Madeline McCann's parents were somehow involved.
    The bit that really irks me is to do with the other two children. They went out and left 3 tiny children on their own in a foreign country, but because they were both doctors and seen as 'upper class' nothing was ever done.
    I'm sure if an unemployed couple from a council estate had done the same thing their other children would have been taken into care almost immediately.
    Like the way Baby P was taken from his parents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

3% of the posters on here still believe it was me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement