Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If any of you suffer froom aching legs after a long cycle I can highly recommend this.
    If anybody uses magnesium oil I hope they know they can make it very cheaply. Found out a friend who runs had been using these stupidly overpriced tiny bottles of it. You just buy the magnesium flakes as a soak and dissolve them in hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Oh same as deep heat etc, don't get it on your meat n veg

Reminds of this review for Veet! :D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2QP56S5P2DEGA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000KKNQBK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Looks like a poor man's Cheno Unction...
    i had to look that one up. at least it's not as bizarre sounding as some of the products you see in equestrian supply places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

i had to look that one up. at least it's not as bizarre sounding as some of the products you see in equestrian supply places.

It used to come in a yellow tin with the "a queer (maybe quare the memory is hazy) name but great stuff" on label.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have no idea if this would be useful for cyclists, but if someone wants to test and report back, knock yerselves out.

https://www.theequinewarehouse.ie/slut-mix.ir

• Advertisement

Euro track championships start today, live on Eurosport now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,589 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Euro track championships start today, live on Eurosport now.
    Shannon McCurley takes silver in the scratch!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

G'WAAAAANNNNNNN SHANNNNOOONONNNNN!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Strava removing the ability to directly connect bluetooth and ant+ sensors. So unless you record on a headunit or watch you will loose sensors. Grand for the bike but I use my garmin hrm when running

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Absolutely delighted for her! Fair play.
    Her first ever road race was the Ras 2 years ago, she's tough out!
    Ione rode that Ras too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

lennymc wrote: »
    to buy or not to buy - that is the question

https://www.raleigh.co.uk/stbur19-super-tuff-burner

493151.jpeg

turned up yesterday. it's a hoot to ride. Makes me feel about 12 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Saw my first Christmas tree up today!

lennymc wrote: »
    turned up yesterday. it's a hoot to ride. Makes me feel about 12 again.
    the seatpost looks longer than the seat tube!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stupid question alert - on a turbo trainer if you stop pedalling does it hoof you off like a spin bike or can you freewheel to some extent?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

keane2097 wrote: »
    Stupid question alert - on a turbo trainer if you stop pedalling does it hoof you off like a spin bike or can you freewheel to some extent?

When you stop the turbo stops but ya won't get hoofed off like a spin bike!!

Random thought, those in ear wireless headphones that obliviously don't have wires but look like they should, are these airpods???? They look stupid and probably cost stupid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... They look stupid and probably cost stupid :rolleyes:
    People used to say that in the 1980's when power assisted steering and electric windows started appearing in higher spec mainstream cars. They said the same when cellular telephones began to appear among the great unwashed in the early 1990's.

It usually translated as 'because I can't afford them, I'll decide that they are stupid and unnecessary'.

Would you accept a new car now with manual steering and manual windows? Would you easily get by without a mobile telephone?

No I've googled now and airpods both cost and look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

People used to say that in the 1980's when power assisted steering and electric windows started appearing in higher spec mainstream cars. They said the same when cellular telephones began to appear among the great unwashed in the early 1990's.

It usually translated as 'because I can't afford them, I'll decide that they are stupid and unnecessary'.

Would you accept a new car now with manual steering and manual windows? Would you easily get by without a mobile telephone?

Maybe my ears are funny but even normal wired headphones fall out on the bike & get held by my helmet strap, so even if they were the same price I'd still go with wired ones. I'd say Airpods are handy in an office or something though.

• Advertisement

today is national slow down day, or some guff like that. they keep talking on the radio about how '80,000 vehicles have been caught speeding since the start of the year' and 'one vehicle was detected doing 220km/h in a 100km/h zone'.

autonomous driving technology has come on in leaps and bounds, clearly, but has also clearly gone rogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

That's a good listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

today is national slow down day, or some guff like that. they keep talking on the radio about how '80,000 vehicles have been caught speeding since the start of the year' and 'one vehicle was detected doing 220km/h in a 100km/h zone'.

autonomous driving technology has come on in leaps and bounds, clearly, but has also clearly gone rogue.

Ridiculous stuff - insane how motorists preach about cyclists, considering motorists are the worst and most dangerous offenders on our roads.

"Gardai have found over 100 motorists travelling over the speed limit this morning as part of National Slow Down Day.

The operation, which began at 7am, have checked the speed of 55,035 vehicles.

So far, 131 vehicles have been detected as travelling in excess of the speed limit.

Gardai found one motorist travelling almost double the speed limit, doing 138km/h in a 80km/h zone on the R675 around Ballykinsella, Waterford.

Another check on the the M1 Lusk Dublin road found a motorist travelling 181km/h in a 120km/h zone.

Gardai also found two trucks travelling at 89km/h in a 100km/h zone on both th N13 Moyle Newtowncunningham, Donegal and the N21, Blossomhill, Rathkeale Limerick."

marvin80 wrote: »
    "checked the speed of 55,035 vehicles.

So far, 131 vehicles have been detected as travelling in excess of the speed limit."
    i thought the gardai's usual problem was exaggeration?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No I've googled now and airpods both cost and look stupid.

I wholeheartedly agree, but that's also based on the fact I've got some excellent headphones that earpods just won't match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Gardai also found two trucks travelling at 89km/h in a 100km/h zone on both th N13 Moyle Newtowncunningham, Donegal and the N21, Blossomhill, Rathkeale Limerick."

The only ones travelling that slowly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Ridiculous stuff - insane how motorists preach about cyclists, considering motorists are the worst and most dangerous offenders on our roads.

"Gardai have found over 100 motorists travelling over the speed limit this morning as part of National Slow Down Day.

The operation, which began at 7am, have checked the speed of 55,035 vehicles.

So far, 131 vehicles have been detected as travelling in excess of the speed limit.

Gardai found one motorist travelling almost double the speed limit, doing 138km/h in a 80km/h zone on the R675 around Ballykinsella, Waterford.

Another check on the the M1 Lusk Dublin road found a motorist travelling 181km/h in a 120km/h zone.

I drove from Dublin to Limerick yesterday morning and we were laughing at the number of detections mentioned on the news. Less than 10 minutes on the M7 would have had that number of detections.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I drove from Dublin to Limerick yesterday morning and we were laughing at the number of detections mentioned on the news. Less than 10 minutes on the M7 would have had that number of detections.

Same.on the N11 before rush hour kicks in, 90% of cars above the limit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Any trackies watching the champs? Just me or are there a lot of out of the saddle efforts? Convinced I’m seeing more of it. French rider in points race and there was plenty in a women’s race yesterday too?

Advertisement