Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ahh no, different event so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

CramCycle wrote: »
    It was epic out there, I really struggled to be honest, the sound of the rain made it really hard to get back to sleep after I woke up first :pac:

huh ? great morning in the NW thoroughly enjoyable if chilly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Not so great in Dublin/Wicklow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Stunning morning in killarney. Yesterday too but the place was overrun by adventure triathletes.

I left the bike at home unfortunately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

huh ? great morning in the NW thoroughly enjoyable if chilly

If ever Climate Change deniers needed proof of Global warming, it is good weather in Donegal while the east coast is miserable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If ever Climate Change deniers needed proof of Global warming, it is good weather in Donegal while the east coast is miserable
    Jaysus - soon people will actually want to live in Donegal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ridiculous statement

:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Ridiculous statement

:p

I've wanted to return to live at home for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Now I have an earworm....I just dropped in to see you all, I'll only stay a while....:)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Got pissed on cycling in this am, absolutely soaked :(

I switched to an early shift this morn, and despite being both under the weather and still probably hungover, I was glad of it. It really opened up about 3/4 of the way in. Got to try out my Stolen Goat Orkaan too. Seemed to mostly do the job. I don't think a Gabba would've done much better in that type of rain. Parentin Vita probably would have

Joking aside it is a beautiful place, I remember finding a beach years back and I can't remember now where it was but it had a few hundred steps down to it, the beach itself was like something you would see on an exotic island.

The problem with Donegal is employment, a lot of people have to leave to get a decent wage

Edit: This is the beach, the pics do nothing for it https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g3561857-d3548000-Reviews-Silver_Strand_Beach-Malin_Beg_County_Donegal.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=156617119

While not from there, but If it were feasible, I would gladly be living nearly anywhere out West if I could. You just couldn't get bored of the scenery out there. Thankfully Wicklow isn't far away, but otherwise it's just not the same.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yer' can all call me grandpa now.....

Congrats !!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

GrandBeast!

Congratulations Beasty, I hope everyone is happy, safe and well :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Congrats Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Great news, Beasty!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

eeeee wrote: »
    GrandBeast!

Congratulations Beasty, I hope everyone is happy, safe and well :)
    Everyone except me

Wife departed for Spain Saturday morning (had to get up at 4 to take her and another daughter to the airport) safe in the knowledge the baby was not due for 4 weeks

8pm, I'm settling in the WattBike when daughter number 3 screams "come quickly dad - waters have broken"

Straight down to the Rotunda, not a false alarm, but some time off yet. Drive back home at 11 (think they throw everyone out then)

Sunday morning took 2 youngest to their showjumping (came 2nd in their inter-schools - not bad as best 3 of 4 count and they were the only team with only 3 members)

After that got in car, turn radio on for the Rugby, then get a message showing up on the watch. Baby's arrived 6lb 14oz (yes at nearly 4 weeks early:eek:)

So then advised the new grandmother (didn't want to panic her as there was nothing she could do from Spain). Since then I've been sorting out her flight (as well as picking all the baby stuff up from Mothercare). By the time she agreed which flight she's coming back on the price had gone up a hundred quid

Should have been heading to the airport for her 12.20 arrival, but plane's now delayed until 1:30am.....

Baby and mother due out some time tomorrow

• Advertisement

I've been informed by my own dad that the grand kids are infinitely more enjoyable than his own offspring..... me as he can just hand them back when nappies need changing , acting out etc. :D

Unreal to see your own mam and dad with the first grandchild though and then getting a child seat for the car was like a life milestone to them. My mam would have been someone who'd have got something for herself when in town doing the shopping at the weekend, now the youngest gets dropped off with a dunnes or pennies bag under the buggy and my dad is delighted as the clutter comes to our house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

ah here, you have to scan and share that.

Speaking of what's in the paper, I meant to post this sooner...

492999.jpg

Beasty wrote: »
    Everyone except me

Wife departed for Spain Saturday morning (had to get up at 4 to take her and another daughter to the airport) safe in the knowledge the baby was not due for 4 weeks

8pm, I'm settling in the WattBike when daughter number 3 screams "come quickly dad - waters have broken"

Straight down to the Rotunda, not a false alarm, but some time off yet. Drive back home at 11 (think they throw everyone out then)

Sunday morning took 2 youngest to their showjumping (came 2nd in their inter-schools - not bad as best 3 of 4 count and they were the only team with only 3 members)

After that got in car, turn radio on for the Rugby, then get a message showing up on the watch. Baby's arrived 6lb 14oz (yes at nearly 4 weeks early:eek:)

So then advised the new grandmother (didn't want to panic her as there was nothing she could do from Spain). Since then I've been sorting out her flight (as well as picking all the baby stuff up from Mothercare). By the time she agreed which flight she's coming back on the price had gone up a hundred quid

Should have been heading to the airport for her 12.20 arrival, but plane's now delayed until 1:30am.....

Baby and mother due out some time tomorrow

Sounds like a whirlwind few days. Congratulations!

However I did read that in Colm Meaney's voice

?width=630&version=2052857

I've been informed by my own dad that the grand kids are infinitely more enjoyable than his own offspring..... me as he can just hand them back when nappies need changing , acting out etc. :D

Unreal to see your own mam and dad with the first grandchild though and then getting a child seat for the car was like a life milestone to them. My mam would have been someone who'd have got something for herself when in town doing the shopping at the weekend, now the youngest gets dropped off with a dunnes or pennies bag under the buggy and my dad is delighted as the clutter comes to our house now.

They are, it is not quite as simple as handing them back but you are infinitely more at ease as you have nothing to worry about. I still change the nappies but so far far less stressful than looking after my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Sounds like a whirlwind few days.

However I did read that in Colm Meaney's voice

?width=630&version=2052857

That's a fine baby....small turkey, though...

If any of you suffer froom aching legs after a long cycle I can highly recommend this. I had a few gruelling gym sessions this week and wrecked this morning I was handed this.

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Ritchey-Dynamint-Muscle-Rub-Tube-500ml/9085113

Legs are now brand new. Apparently GAA players have been using it for years

It is an embrocation cream right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

If any of you suffer froom aching legs after a long cycle I can highly recommend this. I had a few gruelling gym sessions this week and wrecked this morning I was handed this.

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Ritchey-Dynamint-Muscle-Rub-Tube-500ml/9085113

Looks like a poor man's Cheno Unction...

Although it might match your stem/handlebars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

You're putting it where?? :pac:

"Ritchey muscle rub 500ml tube is ideal for use on swollen and inflamed udders"

• Advertisement

It is an embrocation cream right?

Yep, my legs were hanging together this morning from exhaustion and this was given to me, I'd used it before and same story.
    Looks like a poor man's Cheno Unction...

Although it might match your stem/handlebars

What's wrong with my handlebars?
    You're putting it where?? :pac:

"Ritchey muscle rub 500ml tube is ideal for use on swollen and inflamed udders"

Oh same as deep heat etc, don't get it on your meat n veg

Advertisement