Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Water pin restoration

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

alright this now a working an playable cab. I had two coils not working that I finally fixed and two of the service switches were broken and now replaced. But this resto is technically done now since the goal was to restore the cab and get the game back into working state. There's a couple more things to be done but I prob won't document them here (I'll do it on the channel )

- I still have to finalize the lights. I have some GI led in there and some in the target lights as test and haven't noticed any ghosting. I'll go for a fill led setup, but will prob replace some of the more visible GI lights by standard target lights (like around the lanes entries and exit lanes. I tried it as test and it made it look a lot more vintage than the usual super bright overly colorful stuff out there.
    - I need to re align the flipper coils.
    - The game rom is currently rev.2 so I need to burn a new rom to rev 6 (waiting on a couple of 27c080 to do that so I'll do these three next weekend)
    - The lock knocker seem to trigger 3 times even though the ball exits normally. It doesn't affect gameplay but Is still need to look into it.
    - I still need to get a topper dome. Prob next month.
    - I'll do the missing rock and grizzly mod after that

but it's playing fine and already being enjoyed :)

https://www.facebook.com/olonguet/videos/vb.725398275/10157585200728276

I'll keep posting vids on the channel as I edit them . Here's the latest & final one on the body resto :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Good lord that's a lot of work. Well done Ollie the end result looks fantastic. The vintage Williams machines pins are something I wouldn't get tired of in a hurry. They look and sound glorious.

I have my whitewater coming up on 5 years now .
    Top tier game

enjoying it so far, I mean this was an incredible find to start with and having taken it completely appart given it a second life does make it that much more special.
    I enjoyed the Gladiator pin already but I think this one has prob sent me over the edge of pinball collection and I'm considering selling a couple of cabs to fund another pin now :D:D

BGOllie wrote: »
    enjoying it so far, I mean this was an incredible find to start with and having taken it completely appart given it a second life does make it that much more special.
    I enjoyed the Gladiator pin already but I think this one has prob sent me over the edge of pinball collection and I'm considering selling a couple of cabs to fund another pin now :D:D

I told ya! :pac:

yeah you did...

...you monster

Advertisement