Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof of no convictions in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

jasonhptan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I wonder if there are any further updates regarding this. I recently have been offered a job and require the police certificate. I have submitted a request to the local superintendent and was returned with a reply that they do not give out these certificates for UK or EU and referred to complete the F20 form. Any latest updates regarding this? Thanks

Hi Jason

My employer in Australia would not accept the form you get back from the F20 application. It clearly says on that it is not police cleareance (or words to that affect). I ended up going to the garda station and just begging basically, explaining the situation. Luckily i got a sympathic sargent who spoke to the superintendent for me and got it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KatPilar

Absolute joke, you can't get an easy proper police clearance in Ireland to work abroad, despite so many Irish living and working abroad. This is just crazy, I sent on the useless paper I got from the garda vetting office and hope it will be sufficient, but highly doubt it given they write in bold letters that this cannot be used as police clearance. And clearly people have had this issue for the last 10 years and AGS is just ignoring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think if I were pushed around like this with no information and incomplete clearance, I would write to Drew Harris and copy the Minister for Justice.

Then the Ombudsman (can't be done until all other avenues have been exhausted)

It sounds very inept to me and could clearly affect an Irish citizen's right to work in sensitive fields abroad where evidence of no previous convictions is required from the applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

I need this now and it still seems like a big rigmarole to get it....

Thinking of emailing the court house and garda station and asking for a copy of my criminal record....they will reply with something like......'we don't have any'
    That will have to do:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭halfpastneverr

Sorry to bump an auld thread, but I've been offered work in the UK and need to provide proof of my no convictions. Young guard on the desk in my local station hadn't a clue so he called his sergeant out. The sergeant wasn't much better and advised me to come back with a copy of my passport & previous addresses and get a police cert. I told him the police cert is only for a visa and not employment going by the Garda site and citizens information. He then said he'd ask the superintendent's office on Monday & get back to me.

I also got in touch with the District Court in Dublin in the CCJ beside the Phoenix Park on the half chance they might know something. They said all they can provide is a certified copy of a court outcome & €15 stamp duty applies for each order provided & you need to provide details like the date your case was last in court. I've never been in trouble or in a court in my life, so this obviously is of no use to me either. They also said they can't provide anything that states I've no convictions and said it's the Gardai who stand over confirming convictions/no convictions.

Such a mess. You'd think the guards would want an easier way to deal with what I assume is a common enough request, considering the amount of Irish people working abroad.

Advertisement