Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie hacked?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

splinter65 wrote: »
    I heard from Sara too
    She fairly gets around the dirt hoor. I had her first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭bmc58

curlex wrote: »
    I also got an message from Siara19

Just delete it as spam.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

BandMember wrote: »
    Thanks Mark. No, I couldn't access my PM's at all (by clicking on Private Messages in the user dropdown. I always enter that way, never via e-mail) but I could access that clicking on that link you sent me.

Once I got in, I deleted the Siofra PM immediately. Do I need to do anything else now or am I back to service as usual?

Deleting is the best course of action. Thanks :)

Got a "Private Message" today, Hi Honey from Siraj 9 on my Boards homepage. Have I been hacked? What should I do.I did not open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭malinheader

Same here a message from Syria 1 or something with a dodgy link to supposedly photographs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭malinheader

bmc58 wrote: »
    Got a "Private Message" today, Hi Honey from Siraj 9 on my Boards homepage. Have I been hacked? What should I do.I did not open it.

That's exactly what I got

Boards.ie Employee

Best to just delete it. If you'd like more information about what's happening, please have a read of the announcement: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058005981

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    She fairly gets around the dirt hoor. I had her first though.

Ha,ha, very good RC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Got this message this morning.

Also got a message from Microsoft last night that my email was signed into in the Philippines.

Additionally, that my iMessage was signed into even though I haven't used an apple phone in 3 years.

Seems too much of a coincidence to me

It's a coincidence. The amount of over reacting in this thread is astonishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Deleting is the best course of action. Thanks :)

Hi Mark,

I think you could solve a lot of problems, and panic on here, if you could just download the pictures for us and then post them here :D

Patiently awaiting your feed back :o

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ForestFire wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

I think you could solve a lot of problems, and panic on here, if you could just download the pictures for us and then post them here :D

You'll just have to get up early in the morning before we get chance to delete any overnight activity

That's assuming you're on Sara's radar - she is very choosy you know (I was getting a bit concerned myself until she wrote to me this morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Beasty wrote: »
    Site developers are on the case. At this stage they have not advised any specific actions. There have been the following accounts used overnight:

Siria9
    Siora91
    Siara91
    Oria2

I would suggest deleting any PMs still in your inbox from any of these accounts, but hopefully even if you don't they will disappear some time soon (maybe overnight though as the amount of PMs to be dealt with may put a strain on the servers, and they might want to await a time that is quiet for the site)

How do you delete a PM?

I also got this PM. I just deleted it. Obviously spam

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bobbyss wrote: »
    How do you delete a PM?
    Depends - on the Legacy site there's a checkbox to the right of the message and you then choose the delete option at the foot of the page

On the Touch site you have to go into the message (don't click on the links), and there's a delete option at the foot of the page

I also got this PM. I just deleted it. Obviously spam

Boards.ie Employee

ForestFire wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

There are better pictures on the internet :D

Beasty wrote: »
    Site developers are on the case. At this stage they have not advised any specific actions. There have been the following accounts used overnight:

Siria9
    Siora91
    Siara91
    Oria2

I would suggest deleting any PMs still in your inbox from any of these accounts, but hopefully even if you don't they will disappear some time soon (maybe overnight though as the amount of PMs to be dealt with may put a strain on the servers, and they might want to await a time that is quiet for the site)

My PM message box has been nuked.I wanted to keep one or two of them but they all have been zapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

My PM message box has been nuked.I wanted to keep one or two of them but they all have been zapped.

So you’re Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got the message as well, but it's gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

I got it but its gone now..but i still have a red notification.my ocd is in overdrive!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

There was a data breach all your accounts are compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I didn't play into her hands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    There was a data breach all your accounts are compromised.
    Dear Admins, could you please, once again, confirm/deny this please. Please
    FFS Sorry, FGS

Dear Admins, could you please, once again, confirm/deny this please. Please
    FFS

Bro they will deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Bro they will deny it.
    Sure. Whatever you say

Sure. Whatever you say

Bro did you use your personal email, if so i you should be worried

Boards.ie Employee

As per our announcement on this issue, there was no data breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭Patser

Mark, can you use your Admin powers to confirm, once and for all, which one of she really was interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got the same email and an email from google asking am I logging in from a different location ?

State of her.

Poor effort comrades, 2/10.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It has been confirmed numerous times by Admins there was no data breach.
    Enough said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement