Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Let Loose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TheFairy wrote: »
    Lads we have a server up for this, we've had mixed success in getting it populated, and if the game keeps developing as it is then we'd love to try and play some organised games where we would put forward a squad of 6 or 12 and join some other teams etc.

I think until they add better admin capabilities and spectator mode of some sort it will trundle along but could be a great eSport game?

I agree, I think the game appeals more to the ahem' older generation, but that is fine by me. Leave all that COD stuff to the young uns, really hope they sort out some very bad bugs sooner rather then later (comms dropping and grass popping up late etc)

But im really enjoying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Does anyone know how big the FOV is in this game and is the sound design still being worked on? I keep getting killed by enemies that according to the killcam are right beside me but they never enter my FOV and I don't seem to hear footsteps either.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

theres no kill cam in HLL mate :)

theres no kill cam in HLL mate :)

I think he means when downed and you can press F to "Let Go" while waiting for a medic, you get that red marker indicating what compass bearing you were shot from.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sound improvements are in the roadmap.
    I think the sound system is design decision, as in its hard to really pinpoint the sound of where you were shot from.
    They are probably going for disorientation which is realistic ofcourse.
    If you are using 7.1 on your headset like i used to do with this game turning 7.1 off seems to help.

• Advertisement

These settings transformed the visibility in the game for me and looks just as good as default settings.

Put the following into the Engine.ini whish is located @ C:\Users\[PC name]\AppData\Local\HLL\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

BACKUP YOUR EXISTING Engine.ini INCASE YOU DISLIKE

[SystemSettings]
    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
    r.TemporalAASamples=165
    r.TemporalAASharpness=2.20
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2.20
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

Also the roadmap is worth checking out.
    Might be worth putting this info in the first post in the thread, its very helpful for new and vet players.

hll_Roadmap65.png

@ Cully

So set the ingame settings to default and then amend the *ini file. How exactly did it improve the game for you. I just have it set to EPIC or max or whatever it is and play it.

Nice to see a good road map for the game, but FLAMETHROWERS really.....they are gonna be useless!

AA is notoriously poorly implimented in the game clarityAA gives a shimmering affect while standardAA looks too blurry, these settings improve things and offer a nice middle ground.
    Set to desired settings in graphics menu click apply ,quit game enter text like i said above.
    Go back ingame and dont go near graphics menu, specifically do not click apply as this overwrites everything.
    You simply dont need go touch video menu at all then.

This video explains then why of it i started using his settings and tried a few more but settled on the ones above , yer man albino sniper youtuber streamer [not the guys in this vid] uses the ones im using them too .

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Hey everyone, seems to be a good bit of interest in this game here on boards.

The problem is everyone is scattered around different servers.

Could we all pull together and arrange to play on one server on agreed days if possible? and bring back the good old days of killing people we know :D

We would rebrand our server to a community Boards server and maybe create a nice rivalry with another clan and share the same server?

The servers are hard to populate in HLL and we would like to build a good server community.

let us know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I played a bit of Day of Defeat years ago and this kind of reminds me of it, the maps look similar and theres community servers.

• Advertisement

ABE wrote: »
    Hey everyone, seems to be a good bit of interest in this game here on boards.

The problem is everyone is scattered around different servers.

Could we all pull together and arrange to play on one server on agreed days if possible? and bring back the good old days of killing people we know :D

We would rebrand our server to a community Boards server and maybe create a nice rivalry with another clan and share the same server?

The servers are hard to populate in HLL and we would like to build a good server community.

let us know what you think.

Id be up for that ABE, we could stick a roster up in here with the days of each server. It would be great if there were a few Irish Clans for HLL, Im not sure of the history of TIG is it Irish in origin? Same with 1AD and the 82ADr...?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Id be up for that ABE, we could stick a roster up in here with the days of each server. It would be great if there were a few Irish Clans for HLL, Im not sure of the history of TIG is it Irish in origin? Same with 1AD and the 82ADr...?

Jesss wonda you played with us during Battlefield days im hurt haha.

[TiG] The Irish Guard
    Is a clan created here from boards.ie members for battlefield series back in 2004 ( desert combat id i remember) and its been about ever since changing game over the years to whatever is popular.

Im not familiar with 1AD or 82ADR do they have servers? If not we would be open for them to using our server anytime and allow recruiting also.

The rotation of days between servers might become awkward. if we keep it simple and designate one server for use would be better. Rebrand the name of the server to "irish let loose" and allow the selected clans to recruit on the server?

TiG has no problem doing the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

this game is so polished. very crisp gunplay and performance. just spotted the developer is Team17, of Worms fame! making quality games since 1990

@ Abe i spoke to a few guys running servers as i was considering getting one up myself until i heard about seeding rosters etc they have for people sitting on their servers to try fill them up.
    There is quite a few clan communities running servers at the moment and all seem to be fighting to fill servers.
    A lot are very well established a long time within the HLL community so it would be hard to break into this.
    Some clans even ask as part of their recruitment if your willing to seed servers 4 nights per week which is just a bit much to ask of people imho.
    Baring in mind nobody will join a 100 players server with 3-4 people on it so the big communities normally have 10 plus seeding servers daily but its a thankless task.
    I decided to put to bed my setting up a server lol as it needs a big commitment from a lot of people so i just join a server from the 15 or so UK servers i have in my favourites.

Would be up for an irish setup ofcourse.
    Irish let loose has a great ring to it actually but TiG is legendary.

Jesss wonda you played with us during Battlefield days im hurt haha.

[TiG] The Irish Guard
    Is a clan created here from boards.ie members for battlefield series back in 2004 ( desert combat id i remember) and its been about ever since changing game over the years to whatever is popular.

Im not familiar with 1AD or 82ADR do they have servers? If not we would be open for them to using our server anytime and allow recruiting also.

The rotation of days between servers might become awkward. if we keep it simple and designate one server for use would be better. Rebrand the name of the server to "irish let loose" and allow the selected clans to recruit on the server?

TiG has no problem doing the above.

Pure brain fart there fella, dont know what I was thinking....you could have sold out long ago for bigger fan base on the international stage lol.

In relation to 1AD and 82ADr they are huge, alot of players and yes they have their own servers. I was just looking for a few lads to play with regularly and was asked to join on their server the other night (had a rare very good game in a 3 man tank, so they thought I was decent..lol) so I said what the hell. Im looking to get good at the game and learn how to play correctly.

Just type 1AD in the server browser in the servers and bookmark the server. Its either there or the Fighting Furies I play on....

THE INTERNATIONAL GUARD :o

Dcully wrote: »
    @ Abe i spoke to a few guys running servers as i was considering getting one up myself until i heard about seeding rosters etc they have for people sitting on their servers to try fill them up.
    There is quite a few clan communities running servers at the moment and all seem to be fighting to fill servers.
    A lot are very well established a long time within the HLL community so it would be hard to break into this.
    Some clans even ask as part of their recruitment if your willing to seed servers 4 nights per week which is just a bit much to ask of people imho.
    Baring in mind nobody will join a 100 players server with 3-4 people on it so the big communities normally have 10 plus seeding servers daily but its a thankless task.
    I decided to put to bed my setting up a server lol as it needs a big commitment from a lot of people so i just join a server from the 15 or so UK servers i have in my favourites.

Would be up for an irish setup of course.
    Irish let loose has a great ring to it actually.

Yea we have noticed the same hassle of having to seed and spending wasted time trying to get the server populated its a serious problem for server owners. prob something the devs should look at in promoting smaller servers more on the server browser list.

If we can get a few irish players to agree to support an irish server we might stand a chance of creating a home server. Leaving out all the clan crap and recruiting its great to have a community, VIP slots and enjoy gaming instead of sitting in a queue or a dead server.

I've renamed the tig server to:

[UK / IRE] | * IRISH LET LOOSE * | Community Server

but it all comes down to bums on seats.

Pure brain fart there fella, dont know what I was thinking....you could have sold out long ago for bigger fan base on the international stage lol.

THE INTERNATIONAL GUARD :o

You'll never beat the irish! :D

Yea we have noticed the same hassle of having to seed and spending wasted time trying to get the server populated its a serious problem for server owners. prob something the devs should look at in promoting smaller servers more on the server browser list.

If we can get a few irish players to agree to support an irish server we might stand a chance of creating a home server. Leaving out all the clan crap and recruiting its great to have a community, VIP slots and enjoy gaming instead of sitting in a queue or a dead server.

I've renamed the tig server to:

[UK / IRE] | * IRISH LET LOOSE * | Community Server

but it all comes down to bums on seats.

Yes community servers are just fantastic to have, Squad and a few more non mainstream shooters have them too.
    Nothing like playing on a regular server with regular players, its why i stuck with pc gaming all these years but was taken away from us thanks to selfish AAA companies any why i cant help but support these devs making games like HLL, Squad, red orchestra,Rising storm, Insurgencty etc and their community servers.

Probably a good idea if we pick a discord to idle in if we are up for some HLL.
    I have one or could use the TiG one?

Yes community servers are just fantastic to have, Squad and a few more non mainstream shooters have them too.
    Nothing like playing on a regular server with regular players, its why i stuck with pc gaming all these years but was taken away from us thanks to selfish AAA companies any why i cant help but support these devs making games like HLL, Squad, red orchestra,Rising storm, Insurgencty etc and their community servers.

Probably a good idea if we pick a discord to idle in if we are up for some HLL.
    I have one or could use the TiG one?

discord.theirishguard.com

Just to add there are some really big communities aswell as those mentioned 1AD and 82AD English speaking ones we have

| * IRISH LET LOOSE * | :)
    Exodus
    Powerbits Gameteam
    OC Odd Company
    UK Anarchy
    Lost legion
    Havoc Company
    WTH wolves at war
    101st
    FFUK
    [2.FJg]
    TAW
    The company of heroes

Plenty more German, French etc too aswell as the official servers.

| * IRISH LET LOOSE * | soon to follow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just to add there are some really big communities aswell as those mentioned 1AD and 82AD English speaking ones we have

| * IRISH LET LOOSE * | :)
    Exodus
    Powerbits Gameteam
    OC Odd Company
    UK Anarchy
    Lost legion
    Havoc Company
    WTH wolves at war
    101st
    FFUK
    [2.FJg]
    TAW
    The company of heroes

Plenty more German, French etc too aswell as the official servers.

| * IRISH LET LOOSE * | soon to follow :)

That clan really goes full spectrum, met some awesome players in some games and some absolute **** in others.

I be on morrow evening, assuming I dont actually put in my new PSU and GPU. I had planned to do it morrow night but HLL sounds like an easier option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I joined [1AD] but can happily join elsewhere if people decide on one or the other. Would like to get into some organised play.

I think we are onto something here,it would be brilliant if we had a dedicated server for HLL. I would donate for it and would be willing to help get a new HLL clan up and running would have 1 or 2 lads join it too.

I will be on tonight but late, I have a raid to do in Destiny 2 but on straight after it.

Maybe get a list of steam names and sticky it so wed can all add each other......

Just had a quick look in browser cannot find any server with Ireland, Irish, Shurra be grand in the server title!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just had a quick look in browser cannot find any server with Ireland, Irish, Shurra be grand in the server title!

??

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/hll?q=irish&sort=score

3 there.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/hll/9864089

@wonda you might have the button clicked to hide empty servers in game

its really hard to populate servers these days guys, from own experience know that you'll need at least 20 guys popping on the server at the same time, otherwise its just kinda pointless and frustrating. And of course it need happen before prime-time so mostly 6pm is the latest on week-days or roughly 3pm weekends. Also loads of players got their fav servers tagged so they're not using server list as such.
    Forgot to mention active admins, at least one have to be on the server / available on discord from 5-6pm till late :)

Yea it needs to be a coordinated effort to get a server running these days haha.

8pm week days seems to be a suitable time for most people
    if we could get 10 people to jump on the server at that time and hold the line :D

Sound improvements are in the roadmap.
    I think the sound system is design decision, as in its hard to really pinpoint the sound of where you were shot from.
    They are probably going for disorientation which is realistic ofcourse.
    If you are using 7.1 on your headset like i used to do with this game turning 7.1 off seems to help.

Im using Logitech G935 with 7.1 on and sound is brilliant, you can figure out direction of anything spot on. Playing EFT as well and sound in HLL is far superior

• Advertisement

Yea it needs to be a coordinated effort to get a server running these days haha.

8pm week days seems to be a suitable time for most people
    if we could get 10 people to jump on the server at that time and hold the line :D

8pm is far too late mate unless you've got 30-40 people ready to jump on.
    meant to reply to your previous post about clan servers:
    1AD currently running 3 servers: 1st based in Germany (well be moving to UK very soon), 2nd in the UK and 3rd with offensive maps only based in US :)

Advertisement