Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

Can I ask for the people still waiting to hear back from DAC Beachcroft, what is your application status on the login page? Mine still says in progress which is still giving me some form of hope ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gamma_squeeze

Haven’t heard from anyone! Supposedly there’s less places left for new applicants as they are giving some spaces to last years interns who had their internships cancelled (again I’m not sure how true this is- but it is strange that nobody has heard back)
    Did you folks hear from them today or are you referring to the email last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Can I ask for the people still waiting to hear back from DAC Beachcroft, what is your application status on the login page? Mine still says in progress which is still giving me some form of hope ...

Mine also says in progress and expiry date is 30/04/2021. Not sure what that means

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Mine says in review.. I've let it go lol expecting a PFO or to hear nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roisneesh

Mine says in process! I don't know really what to think, it has been quite a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

DE getting back to interviewees next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adfcfc100

DonVito wrote: »
    DE getting back to interviewees next week

I wish they gave a specific day.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

A&L interviews out

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Asdfgh2468

Can anyone shed light on either of the following firms - Kane Tuohy or Gore and Grimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

Have AC contacted about interviews yet?

• Advertisement

AC interviews out

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

AC interviews out

Is it safe to assume that if you haven’t gotten an email yet it’s a no?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Would love some opinions if possible as I'm stressing out reading about securing a traineeship...I'm sitting my first few FE1s in three weeks' time. I didn't do a law undergrad but graduated with a 1:1 degree, then did an LLM and also graduated with a 1:1. I've done an internship in a medium-sized law firm and have a rake of volunteering work behind me, but it only struck me earlier that I have a very average LC of 430 points, in which I did foundation level maths due to me being a bit of a messer at the time and having a bully of a teacher. I can see myself having nightmares about this in the months to come...will this exam result/LC be a huge barrier in the way of me securing a training contract? Or will the postgrad and my results since deflect away from the LC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

bigchungus wrote: »
    Would love some opinions if possible as I'm stressing out reading about securing a traineeship...I'm sitting my first few FE1s in three weeks' time. I didn't do a law undergrad but graduated with a 1:1 degree, then did an LLM and also graduated with a 1:1. I've done an internship in a medium-sized law firm and have a rake of volunteering work behind me, but it only struck me earlier that I have a very average LC of 430 points, in which I did foundation level maths due to me being a bit of a messer at the time and having a bully of a teacher. I can see myself having nightmares about this in the months to come...will this exam result/LC be a huge barrier in the way of me securing a training contract? Or will the postgrad and my results since deflect away from the LC?

I wouldn't worry too much about the LC. Your score is not poor by any means and you more than make up for it with your undergrad and postgrad grades and law experiences. Shouldn't be a major concern. Some firms are more stingy than others but I know people with around your LC score that have big 5 contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Did anybody get a PFO from A&L internship? Assuming it's a PFO but find it strange that they would send out the e-mail regarding interviews and then not follow up with a rejection.:confused:

Fedone wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't know. My rejections have always followed the reports of interviews on here by 1-3 days, but I'm a newbie to this game and don't know anything conclusive about the firms' recruiting procedures. Maybe somebody else could weigh in?

I'd maybe check the application portal for any update or lack thereof if you haven't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

I'm afraid I don't know. My rejections have always followed the reports of interviews on here by 1-3 days, but I'm a newbie to this game and don't know anything conclusive about the firms' recruiting procedures. Maybe somebody else could weigh in?

I'd maybe check the application portal for any update or lack thereof if you haven't already.

Rejection will come a few days later in case somebody with an offer doesn't want to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Law1234

Did anyone hear from Dechert, Fieldfisher or Pinsent Masons?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

Law1234 wrote: »

Only applied to Dechert, only email I got was saying they got a lot of applications this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sheepsleep

Law1234 wrote: »

Pinsent Masons sent out their psychometric test emails yesterday I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

Has Philip Lee sent out interviews yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Heard of someone accepting an offer from Philip Lee for their Summer Internship. I have not even received a pfo to date and I don’t know if it is just me but many firms don’t seem to be even bothering sending back pfos or acknowledging you even applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Ais20 wrote: »
    Heard of someone accepting an offer from Philip Lee for their Summer Internship. I have not even received a pfo to date and I don’t know if it is just me but many firms don’t seem to be even bothering sending back pfos or acknowledging you even applying.

Same as above, I feel your frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Are people with Matheson offers still waiting on their offer letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 livelaughlaw

Fedone wrote: »

Yes round 1 interviews were today and round 2 starts tomorrow so I’d assume so yes!

AA247 wrote: »

I got the email saying they’d send the contracts over soon but no contract yet if that’s what you mean?

Has anyone heard back from Maples post interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shylawgirl

AA247 wrote: »

I am still waiting

PFOs out for A&L, in case anyone was still wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Has anybody heard from Fieldfisher yet?

Advertisement