Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-07-2017, 14:23   #31
Nastygal2511
Registered User
 
Nastygal2511's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ChaChaCha View Post
Hi

I've put a booking deposit on a 3 bed on the road just behind on Shackleton Close. I was recommended to go see a similar showbouse also built by Cairn in Parkside beside Belamyne and I really loved the layout, size and use of space. The finish looked really good too. I think they're a good price when you compare them to some of the other new developments which dont have as good a layout, specifications or use of space. Im excited I really hope it's going to be a nice neighbourhood 😊
Me too, did you go for a semi detached or terrace/ end of terrace? I hope there is a nice community feel. When are you hoping to be in?
Nastygal2511 is offline  
Advertisement
09-07-2017, 14:14   #32
23ChaChaCha
Registered User
 
23ChaChaCha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 30

I'm in the mid terrace, no 4 on the close. They are saying it will be ready for November but that people wont sign off on snag list etc until the new year. your probably November too then are you? Did you go see the showhouses in Parkside before they were sold?
23ChaChaCha is offline  
09-07-2017, 19:01   #33
Nastygal2511
Registered User
 
Nastygal2511's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ChaChaCha View Post
I'm in the mid terrace, no 4 on the close. They are saying it will be ready for November but that people wont sign off on snag list etc until the new year. your probably November too then are you? Did you go see the showhouses in Parkside before they were sold?
Nice, they are saying ours will be February. I am so excited. Do you know if a cooker comes with the kitchen? No we haven't gone out yet. Hoping to go Saturday. Are they exactly the same?
Nastygal2511 is offline  
10-07-2017, 07:48   #34
23ChaChaCha
Registered User
 
23ChaChaCha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastygal2511 View Post
Nice, they are saying ours will be February. I am so excited. Do you know if a cooker comes with the kitchen? No we haven't gone out yet. Hoping to go Saturday. Are they exactly the same?
Ahhh so exciting. Yes they come with integrated oven and hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. The 3 bed show house in Parkside has now been sold so theres only a 4 bed on show. The 3 bed was almost the same except their kitchen is to the back not the front. If you go on the Parkside website you can do a 3d walk around it wont let me post the link here.
23ChaChaCha is offline  
10-07-2017, 12:20   #35
Nastygal2511
Registered User
 
Nastygal2511's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ChaChaCha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastygal2511 View Post
Nice, they are saying ours will be February. I am so excited. Do you know if a cooker comes with the kitchen? No we haven't gone out yet. Hoping to go Saturday. Are they exactly the same?
Ahhh so exciting. Yes they come with integrated oven and hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. The 3 bed show house in Parkside has now been sold so theres only a 4 bed on show. The 3 bed was almost the same except their kitchen is to the back not the front. If you go on the Parkside website you can do a 3d walk around it wont let me post the link here.
Perfect, I didn't realise they came with so much. No I didn't and it's not on view anymore =( Have you signed contracts yet? They told us 2 weeks but that seems very soon considering it won't be ready until Feb.
Nastygal2511 is offline  
Advertisement
10-07-2017, 20:59   #36
Checki0610
Registered User
 
Checki0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 48
We put a deposit down the end of may for a 3 bed end of terrace on Shackleton way. The contracts were sent to our solicitor then after about 3/4 weeks. Our solicitor got back to them straight away with a few queries and document requests and were still waiting 4 weeks now for there reply. We were told they would be ready about January (originally told Oct/Nov). Sad the show house is sold in parkside we would of liked to see it again! Excited for them to be built 😬
Checki0610 is offline  
10-07-2017, 21:59   #37
Adel12
Registered User
 
Adel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 14
We put a deposit on one of the houses in May. Signed contracts the other day but we were waiting a few weeks to hear back from Cairns solicitors.

Also, if you search Cairn homes on SDCC website you can see all of their plans in much more detail.
Adel12 is offline  
10-07-2017, 22:50   #38
Checki0610
Registered User
 
Checki0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel12 View Post
We put a deposit on one of the houses in May. Signed contracts the other day but we were waiting a few weeks to hear back from Cairns solicitors.

Also, if you search Cairn homes on SDCC website you can see all of their plans in much more detail.


Ye they seem to be slow with getting back with any queries.

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?
Checki0610 is offline  
11-07-2017, 08:24   #39
Nemo28
Registered User
 
Nemo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 7
Does anyone know if these houses come floored and tiled? And if there are any clauses like that you cant have a BBQ or make any changes to the externals for the first 5 years?! Ive just heard some new developments include this in contracts. Also, I haven't seen anything about management fees so assuming they won't apply but again, some new developments do come with management fees..
Nemo28 is offline  
Advertisement
11-07-2017, 08:46   #40
Newbie xx
Registered User
 
Newbie xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo28 View Post
Does anyone know if these houses come floored and tiled? And if there are any clauses like that you cant have a BBQ or make any changes to the externals for the first 5 years?! Ive just heard some new developments include this in contracts. Also, I haven't seen anything about management fees so assuming they won't apply but again, some new developments do come with management fees..
My u derstandung is kitchen & bathrooms are tiled.
Not sure about bbq 's
No changes allowed without permission from Management company, there us no time limit stated.
Yes there are fees you will get these with your contract.
Newbie xx is offline  
11-07-2017, 09:05   #41
Adel12
Registered User
 
Adel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checki0610 View Post
Ye they seem to be slow with getting back with any queries.

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?
Yeh...there is an apartment duplex going right at the front...i think its a much smaller scale than the apartment block going at the back!

No havent heard back..next step is to get word that builders have signed and after that its a waiting game until exchange of keys etc.
Adel12 is offline  
11-07-2017, 09:09   #42
Adel12
Registered User
 
Adel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo28 View Post
Does anyone know if these houses come floored and tiled? And if there are any clauses like that you cant have a BBQ or make any changes to the externals for the first 5 years?! Ive just heard some new developments include this in contracts. Also, I haven't seen anything about management fees so assuming they won't apply but again, some new developments do come with management fees..

Houses only come tiled including bathrooms. Management company does have some compliance rules but they mostly apply to the front of the houses or any areas visible to the public eye. For example, you cant just make adjustments to your front door or put a satelitte dish out the front. You have to go through them for any requests like that. The idea is that they want it all looking the same...which isnt so bad i think! Fees are approx 400-500 per year depending on what you are buying, there is a breakdown available if you contact your solicitor and ask!
Adel12 is offline  
11-07-2017, 19:20   #43
Peter Quill
Registered User
 
Peter Quill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Anyone know what houses are still available?
Peter Quill is offline  
11-07-2017, 19:27   #44
Nastygal2511
Registered User
 
Nastygal2511's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Quill View Post
Anyone know what houses are still available?
When I was speaking to them yesterday there was 1 available on our road the green! We are number 1 but I'm not sure what number it is.
Nastygal2511 is offline  
Thanks from:
11-07-2017, 23:18   #45
beecees
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checki0610 View Post
We put a deposit down the end of may for a 3 bed end of terrace on Shackleton way. The contracts were sent to our solicitor then after about 3/4 weeks. Our solicitor got back to them straight away with a few queries and document requests and were still waiting 4 weeks now for there reply. We were told they would be ready about January (originally told Oct/Nov). Sad the show house is sold in parkside we would of liked to see it again! Excited for them to be built 😬
Do you mind me asking how far down you are on Shackleton Way? We put deposit down on first day of launch on a four bed on Shackleton place and was told mid Oct. We have asked twice. Just wondering if it's down that end as it might mean our date is pushed back, thanks ðŸ˜
beecees is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet