Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-05-2017, 22:51   #1
Skelp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34
Shackleton Park, Lucan

Any thoughts on the new development being launched in Lucan this week. I went to see Parkside which features the same houses by the same developer. Nice houses with very good finishes however very disappointed with the floor layouts.Kitchen/living room are roughly half the area of a standard three bed semi d in Lucan. The fact that many are three storey helps make up the overall size.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...dublin/3989130

Last edited by Skelp; 16-05-2017 at 22:52. Reason: add link
Skelp is offline  
Advertisement
17-05-2017, 05:19   #2
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Professional cynic- but my hearts not in it.......
Posts: 27,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelp View Post
Any thoughts on the new development being launched in Lucan this week. I went to see Parkside which features the same houses by the same developer. Nice houses with very good finishes however very disappointed with the floor layouts.Kitchen/living room are roughly half the area of a standard three bed semi d in Lucan. The fact that many are three storey helps make up the overall size.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...dublin/3989130
It sells itself as 'being on the edge of Lucan village'- which to be brutally honest- is totally BS. Its at the end of Tandys Lane- at the back of Adamstown- incorporating some of Liam Lawlor's family property (which for some reason hasn't been built on).

I live in Lucan village- and have been baffled by the hoarding going up at the Ball Alley about this development- which implies its somewhere in the village- it most certainly is not (and the fact that its not- is reflected in the prices they've announced for some of the units starting at 295k- there are apartments in the village going for more).

Visit the site- see exactly where it is- and do it again at peak traffic time. Even the suggestion that you can come down by Dodsboro is a laugh (I've helped remove 2 cars that ended up in the ditch there over the last weekend- both drivers blamed the narrow road- and the rain).

Visit the site- see exactly where it is- and look at the development with your eyes fully open. The location of this development is highly problematic- and this is factored into the prices in the development. Don't kid yourself though- go and have a look at where they are- and if you really like them- visit the area at peak traffic times- and see if you're still as taken with them (and for crying out- be careful on Tandy's Lane).
The_Conductor is offline  
20-05-2017, 10:25   #3
AshlingV123
Registered User
 
AshlingV123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Went to see the show suite on Thursday evening and wasn't over impressed. Not really much space for parking. Don't think they have sold out and I couldn't see people queuing from the night before.
AshlingV123 is offline  
Thanks from:
20-05-2017, 16:24   #4
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Professional cynic- but my hearts not in it.......
Posts: 27,483
I'm not impressed either- however, to give them their due- show me a single development, anywhere in the country- where prospective buyers are queuing overnight- its simply not happening anymore.......

295 for the 3 bed- seems to be derisable- and if they think they can get 595 for a 5 bed- when you have Rokeby and recent sales in Laraghcon- at these prices- I'm sorry, someone setting the prices is delusional........

Also- whatever about parking- access to the place is scant and I don't see any plans to redo the road.

Its selling itself as being 'on the outskirts of Lucan village' I'd argue that this is also fanciful- its off up beyond Dodsboro at the back of Adamstown........

Perhaps it may be of interest to some people- however, there are areas which are considered 'prestigious' in Lucan- going for the prices these are seeking- I just don't see it flying.

Hop onto Propertypriceregister.ie and put in Laraghcon, Lucan and Rokeby, Lucan- to see the recent prices achieved in those two estates- and compare what you're getting there- with the show houses in Shackleton Park.

Something does not compute...........
The_Conductor is offline  
20-05-2017, 19:12   #5
bmwguy
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
I'm not impressed either- however, to give them their due- show me a single development, anywhere in the country- where prospective buyers are queuing overnight- its simply not happening anymore.......

295 for the 3 bed- seems to be derisable- and if they think they can get 595 for a 5 bed- when you have Rokeby and recent sales in Laraghcon- at these prices- I'm sorry, someone setting the prices is delusional........

Also- whatever about parking- access to the place is scant and I don't see any plans to redo the road.

Its selling itself as being 'on the outskirts of Lucan village' I'd argue that this is also fanciful- its off up beyond Dodsboro at the back of Adamstown........

Perhaps it may be of interest to some people- however, there are areas which are considered 'prestigious' in Lucan- going for the prices these are seeking- I just don't see it flying.

Hop onto Propertypriceregister.ie and put in Laraghcon, Lucan and Rokeby, Lucan- to see the recent prices achieved in those two estates- and compare what you're getting there- with the show houses in Shackleton Park.

Something does not compute...........
All valid points but there is 20 million allocated to link up the road. But yes, it's on the outskirts and 595 for a 5 bed is just nuts. 295 for 3 bed par for the course really.
bmwguy is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-05-2017, 10:30   #6
ArthurG
Registered User
 
ArthurG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,122
I'd consider anything that far south of the N4 to be well beyond the 'outskirts' of the village. I live near the new (St. Andrews) school and consider that to be the outskirts!.
ArthurG is offline  
Thanks from:
31-05-2017, 13:49   #7
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Professional cynic- but my hearts not in it.......
Posts: 27,483
Have an e-mail from the vendor advising there is still availability- if anyone is interested..........
The_Conductor is offline  
31-05-2017, 15:13   #8
Cyrus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
It sells itself as 'being on the edge of Lucan village'- which to be brutally honest- is totally BS. Its at the end of Tandys Lane- at the back of Adamstown- incorporating some of Liam Lawlor's family property (which for some reason hasn't been built on).
Cairn seem to do this a bit, see Albany, Killiney
Cyrus is offline  
Thanks from:
31-05-2017, 17:27   #9
Nastygal2511
Registered User
 
Nastygal2511's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
Have an e-mail from the vendor advising there is still availability- if anyone is interested..........
Did they say what house numbers?
Nastygal2511 is offline  
Advertisement
31-05-2017, 17:33   #10
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Professional cynic- but my hearts not in it.......
Posts: 27,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastygal2511 View Post
Did they say what house numbers?
Nope- just that there is availability.
The_Conductor is offline  
31-05-2017, 17:50   #11
Eric Cartman
Registered User
 
Eric Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kildare
Posts: 17,581
I love their timings , 21 minutes to the airport and 2 minutes drive to the nearest school. That would be great, if you only go to the airport or school at 4am.

You would spend 25 mins driving to the secondary school opposite superquinn at 8.30am
Eric Cartman is offline  
31-05-2017, 19:54   #12
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Professional cynic- but my hearts not in it.......
Posts: 27,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
You would spend 25 mins driving to the secondary school opposite superquinn at 8.30am
According to DCAL- at peak morning traffic (8AM to 10AM)- it averages 22 minutes on weekdays from the Leixlip slip to the M50- and god have mercy on your soul on the M50............
The_Conductor is offline  
01-06-2017, 11:01   #13
ArthurG
Registered User
 
ArthurG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I love their timings , 21 minutes to the airport and 2 minutes drive to the nearest school. That would be great, if you only go to the airport or school at 4am.

You would spend 25 mins driving to the secondary school opposite superquinn at 8.30am
Hilarious. Remands me of those Celtic Tiger estates in the middle of nowhere that were '20 minutes to Dublin'. Didn't specify where in Dublin mind you.....
ArthurG is offline  
13-06-2017, 20:49   #14
Nastygal2511
Registered User
 
Nastygal2511's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 77
Anyone know if there are any 3 beds left?
Nastygal2511 is offline  
14-06-2017, 00:04   #15
kaymin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
295 for the 3 bed- seems to be derisable- and if they think they can get 595 for a 5 bed- when you have Rokeby and recent sales in Laraghcon- at these prices- I'm sorry, someone setting the prices is delusional........

Perhaps it may be of interest to some people- however, there are areas which are considered 'prestigious' in Lucan- going for the prices these are seeking- I just don't see it flying.

Hop onto Propertypriceregister.ie and put in Laraghcon, Lucan and Rokeby, Lucan- to see the recent prices achieved in those two estates- and compare what you're getting there- with the show houses in Shackleton Park.
Shackleton is on the outskirts of Lucan but so is Rokeby Park and, to a lesser extent, Laraghcon. Traffic from Rokeby and Laraghcon is quite bad as well. None of these 3 estates appeal to me for these reasons.

Distances to shops / village are similar:
https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Super...53.3475541!3e2

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Rokeb...2d53.35667!3e2
kaymin is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet