Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Elessar wrote: »
    Met another 'curvy' lady masquerading as a slim girl :mad:

When will this end??

I don't think it will to be honest. And I now understand why some guys ask to be added to Facebook as its the best way to see what someone is currently like.
    Dovies wrote: »
    Morning my online friends :D

2nd date last night - really good night, lovely restaurant etc and chatted all night BUT I still dont fancy him! :( Even after a couple of beers and had my beer goggles on I still thought nahhhh! HELP!!

Yes I know I have to say something etc etc but Im no good at taking my own advice!

Been there, done that. I wouldn't take it any further to be honest. Be upfront and honest and leave it at that.
    lilyjclare wrote: »
    No thats the problem he has sad nothing to me about going out on date.

Hmmm.. I understand most people online are doing a juggling act of talking to two or three people at once but he didn't have to mention the date at the weekend. Is it not kinda an unwritten rule of knowing people are talking to others but you don't mention it?

I'd probably say something like "well if it doesn't work out with the date, gimme a mail" and leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lilyjclare

Great advise - im going to send message and lets watch this space!

I've met a few women who claim to have athletic/thin bodies when realistically they're far from it. But then again I'm guessing guys could do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I've met a few women who claim to have athletic/thin bodies when realistically they're far from it. But then again I'm guessing guys could do the same?

Hell yeah!! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I say I'm average because I'm average height and my body fits my frame.

• Advertisement

I find guys lie more about their height. 5'10 my ass! :rolleyes: :pac:

One of the sites gives you a drop down menu on how good looking you are: Stunning, good looking, average and - cant remember the last one. I put average - wouldnt like to come across as big headed even though Im only fabilis! :D:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

One of the sites gives you a drop down menu on how good looking you are: Stunning, good looking, average and - cant remember the last one. I put average - wouldnt like to come across as big headed even though Im only fabilis! :D:D:cool:

I haven't seen that before - I wonder do many people select 'Stunning'! :D

Really? :eek: Oh no.

hollypink wrote: »
    I haven't seen that before - I wonder do many people select 'Stunning'! :D

Dont remember seeing any but definitely a lot of good lookings - matter of opinion I always say lol

• Advertisement

I think I put down athletic. I've a slim build, so I don't have an "average" body as such, but I'm not thin either.

I love the OKCupid options - with Jacked and Used Up.

I think I put down athletic. I've a slim build, so I don't have an "average" body as such, but I'm not thin either.

Is this a new thing?

Larianne wrote: »

Is this a new thing?

Nope, don't think so. Noticed it there a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Evan La Crey

manafana wrote: »
    had been chatting to gal, getting on well etc, arrange date bit down line as suited us both.

Sent her text midweek had been few days without chat, no response, 2days now no response, not sure what make of it going from all chatty to nothing, reckon might had good date and im not out picture.

I was chatting to a girl for about 2 weeks via an online dating site and we seemed to be getting on really well. Then all of a sudden, NOTHING. I waited, wondered. Was it something I said? Had she met someone else? Should send her a message asking what happened? What I did wrong, for future reference or something? I decided not to. To play it cool. That way I could only come out of it with my pride, or maybe, just maybe she'd eventually message me again and she'd have been on holidays or something.

And eventually, after another two weeks, she did reply, apologising for her lack of contact. Her laptop had broken and she had no other Internet access. Now, a month later, things have really progressed and we are going out and I'm so glad I played it cool.

So that's my tip for you here: play it cool. There might be an explanation. But if you keep texting her you might come across too desperate and you'll lose her anyway.

I hope there is an explanation and it works out for you. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Larianne wrote: »
    Is this a new thing?

Seems to be. Didn't spot that the last time I were on OkC. What does it actually mean though american terms I suppose. Jacked up and used up??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I put average. I'm not fat and I'm not skinny. So I reckon average. I have gained a few since the job gave me expenses when I was in London but am actively trying to get rid of it!

Misticles wrote: »
    I put average. I'm not fat and I'm not skinny. So I reckon average. I have gained a few since the job gave me expenses when I was in London but am actively trying to get rid of it!

I've average down myself.

I think it's quite subjective though. But some people do take the píss a little. :pac:

What bemuses me is when women have "athletic"/"thin" put down and yet have photos up that clearly show they aren't.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Thankfully don't have this issue, 6'3. :cool: :pac:

Good for you! :pac: I may be slightly taller than 5'10 myself. :cool: But I think guys round up their heights a teeny bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Thought id throw in my experience :)

Was a lurker of this thread for a while a couple of months back, was interesting to get everyone's experiences regarding online dating. Gave it a go (POF) and had been contacting members and them to me, not much luck on either side of things.

Came across a profile of a girl I was interested in, had loads of similar interests and she was gorgeous too. Sent her an e-mail, not a reply :(

I didn't want to be the kind of person who would be chasing people up on messages, but I was really keen on getting a reply from this girl and thought she was just getting flooded with mails (which was the case ;)). I re-sent her another mail and attached a gift to the mail so it would standout from the rest, which worked and she read the mail and replied and we setup a date.

Long story short we've been going out 3 months and things are going great. Was her birthday and the 3 month dating mark on the same day just at the weekend and we are both keen so far :). It was my first online date too and having being someone who has had confidence issues for most of my life I'm glad my first date in a long time was with someone I clicked with :)

In a nutshell, always luck out there for someone in finding someone they click with, no matter how you may 'think' you feel about yourself in terms of confidence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

awec wrote: »
    Thankfully don't have this issue, 6'3. :cool: :pac:

Short-arse.

6'5 :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Have to say I put down athletic myself I know there are alot of people who put this down but doing athletics for the past 14 years on a regular basis (10+ sessions a week) I think I qualify right?:D

In terms of height as a few people have mentioned I think this tends to be the male equivalent of the body type and from speaking to girls in the past there is a general consensus among alot of them that you need to take 1"-2" off what ever they say when men say there height which is kinda silly at the end of the day its better to be smaller and honest than seem taller and be a liar. Says more about a mens character by lying

(Looks nervously at my own profile and this is probably a tiny bit generous to:D)

Michael C - that's a great little story. Delighted for ya! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Ha. Had no clue about the rule of taking off an inch or two-went on a date and the 5' 9 was a tad shorter than me and I wasn't even in heels. Lesson learned.

If I am going to be subjected to a public declaration of my weight- FFS man up and say you're not that tall. It's okay. Loads of little petite wimmins out there tailor made to suit you and if you're into taller girls, well, Sarkozy has the right idea with the shoe lifts. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It seems to be that a lot and I mean a lot of Irish men over estimate their height. I'm 6ft 4 (193cm) and a broad build (not fat :rolleyes:) and get it regularly from smaller guys that tell me I'm not 6ft 4 at all, I must be taller / smaller.

KTRIC wrote: »
    It seems to be that a lot and I mean a lot of Irish men over estimate their height. I'm 6ft 4 (193cm) and a broad build (not fat :rolleyes:) and get it regularly from smaller guys that tell me I'm not 6ft 4 at all, I must be taller / smaller.

Yep. Dunno what measuring tapes they be using! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

KTRIC wrote: »

I do this all the time, I am 6ft even and guys that are between 0-2 inches taller its fine but whenever someone tells me they are 6'3 or more I always guess wrong as it feels they should be taller than what they look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was chatting to a girl over the weekend on POF. All was going well until the crazies took hold of her and she went on saying how lonely she was and how I was the last hope for her to ever be in a relationship. :eek:

I sent a message back with the following:

"Meep meep"

2101013-road_runner.jpg

---

Looking back now it was a bit dickish to send that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement