Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon now offering 0% credit on certain items?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weird, a few weeks ago I could see this offer on most smartphones - now I don't see it on anything

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just purchased the Huawei 115016.0 Stainless Steel Classic Smartwatch on instalments. All I had to do was change my card to STG for payment, this was done at the checkout stage. Irish card, irish address :)

Doesnt work for me. Tried as example to follow your exact purchase. Going to checkout with STG payment, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I've a feeling your billing address might drive if you're offered it, or not

but i stand corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Strange! I just tried it again and the option is no longer there. I even tried logging out of my Amazon account and using the link from their email as I did this morning but still do not get the option again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Strange! I just tried it again and the option is no longer there. I even tried logging out of my Amazon account and using the link from their email as I did this morning but still do not get the option again

I was the same as this.

Could it be a case that as you've already gotten it via 0% finance, They won't let you buy same again?

I mean, surely it's capped otherwise sure you could potentially order phones all day worth 000£s while only having to pay one payment up fromt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

That was my guess, that it why I logged out of my Amazon account and tried the link again, but to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Can't pay, we will take away (Ireland)

Just noticed the small print....

• This offer applies only to qualifying new products (including new or certified refurbished Amazon devices) sold and shipped by Amazon EU Sarl, when purchased in several “monthly payments” where such option is available on the product detail page.
    • This offer applies to one qualifying product in each product category or Amazon device family (as applicable) in your basket at time of checkout, and is limited to one active enrollment per product category or Amazon device family per customer. Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, Amazon Fire TV, and Alexa-enabled devices (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap) are each an "Amazon device family". Wireless products are an example of a "product category".
    • To be eligible for this offer, you must reside in the United Kingdom, your Amazon.co.uk account must have been active for at least one year, you must have a valid credit card associated with your Amazon.co.uk account, and you must have a good payment history on Amazon.co.uk.
    • Offer good while supplies last. We reserve the right to cancel this offer at any time.
    • You will be charged the full price (including VAT) of the qualifying device you selected (the “Device”) in five equal monthly payments (provided that if the full price is not evenly divisible by five, your final payment amount may be smaller). No interest or finance charges apply to this offer. Any interest, finance charges or fees assessed by the issuer of the payment method to which payments are charged may still apply. Any fee related to the order (such as shipping and/or giftwrapping charges) will be due and assessed in full as part of your initial payment when you check out. Your payment schedule is:
    Payment Due Date
    Initial Payment

Shipment Date

First Payment

30 Days from the Shipment Date

Second Payment

60 Days from the Shipment Date

Third Payment

90 Days from the Shipment Date

Fourth Payment

120 Days from the Shipment Date

• You authorize us to charge each payment to the credit card you use to make your initial payment. If we are unable to complete a charge using your chosen payment card, you authorize us to charge a payment to any other payment card we have on file in your Amazon.co.uk account. You agree to maintain in your Amazon.co.uk account at least one valid payment card that expires no earlier than 20 days after your last payment due date.
    • You may prepay the full remaining balance of your purchase at any time, but you may not prepay a portion of the remaining balance.
    • If we are not able to charge any payment to a card on file in your Amazon.co.uk account, our remedies will include the right to deregister your Device, which will block your ability to access Amazon content from this Device. We may also suspend or terminate your Amazon.co.uk account. You agree that we and our affiliates have no liability related to the exercise of these remedies.
    • This offer and your purchase of a Device, including any dispute or claim relating thereto, are subject to the terms in the Amazon.co.uk Conditions of Use and Sale, including the applicable law, waiver, and limitation of liability terms therein.
    • Any return of a Device purchased through this offer, and the amount of any resulting refund, will be subject to our standard returns policy. The remaining balance of your purchase will be deducted from any refund.
    • If you receive a replacement Device from Amazon under our warranty service, you are still responsible to pay the remaining balance owed on your purchase.
    • This offer may not be combined with other offers.
    • Void where prohibited.
    • Taxes may apply in certain jurisdictions.
    • Use of your Device is subject to the terms found here

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Christ it's longer than the Bible

Christ it's longer than the Bible

Lengthy alright :D

Just read the bolded parts though, clear up why some of us are being offered it, others aren't, and the possible repercussions if you fail to stick to the agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Does anyone who does see the offers have an Irish address in their address book? (Not as default, just listed?)

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Does anyone who does see the offers have an Irish address in their address book? (Not as default, just listed?)

Yep.

But I also have a parcel motel address too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yep.

But I also have a parcel motel address too.

It's very odd and random by the looks of it!
    I'm just curious how and why it works.
    Maybe if you already have Amazon devices registered to your account it blocks you? Mine are registered as UK and always have been

I have all of the requirements bar living in the UK and I see nothing

Advertisement