Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Quackster wrote: »
    There are two ValueClub accounts in my household. One gets used most of the time and the other only occasionally. Whichever one hasn't been used much recently then gets all the extra spend & save vouchers sent to it. The same for Tesco and SuperValu.

Moral of the story, the supermarkets don't reward loyalty!

Time to setup alt loyalty accounts me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Used the voucher on the OP on this thread no problem. They scanned it from my phone :)

6 bottles of Villa Maria Wine . Usually 72 euro for 6 bottles. 25% off 6 bottles of wine offer in Tesco at the moment + 10 euro voucher . 44 euro in total . Happy days ! Will use the same voucher again tonight for grocery shop

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Used the voucher on the OP on this thread no problem. They scanned it from my phone :)

6 bottles of Villa Maria Wine . Usually 72 euro for 6 bottles. 25% off 6 bottles of wine offer in Tesco at the moment + 10 euro voucher . 44 euro in total . Happy days ! Will use the same voucher again tonight for grocery shop

How long is the 25% off deal going on for, can't seem to find it on their site for some reason.

Edit - looks like the 16th December

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

vicwatson wrote: »
    How long is the 25% off deal going on for, can't seem to find it on their site for some reason.

In the online groceries part of the site, if you search for a bottle, it says:
    "25% Off When You Buy 6 or More Bottles of Wine or Champagne valid from 28/11/2018 until 16/12/2018"

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In the online groceries part of the site, if you search for a bottle, it says:
    "25% Off When You Buy 6 or More Bottles of Wine or Champagne valid from 28/11/2018 until 16/12/2018"

Yes I had edited my post tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Thanks OP, will use this tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Synode wrote: »
    OH tried to use it in Rathfarnham this evening and they said no. Till attendant called over manager and after a bit of discussion they gave her a voucher from one of the papers. She was morto :pac:

Same thing happened to me.

There was a very high pitched Asian lady on the checkout who repeatedly said/shouted "I cant take this, you print this, you could print 100's of them!"
    I said it was from the indo & how else was I to hand in the voucher? I offered to show a pdf of the voucher.
    A manager then came over with one of the paper vouchers, No problem at all, just scanned it & made no big deal of it.
    The checkout girl, she made a show & a dance of it tho! Did I understand that I cant print vouchers & she could do this one time only!!??

To make it even worse, when I was leaving the shop the dressing gown I had bought beeped going out the door.
    I went back to the till to get the tag removed & she shreaked to me that I didn't pay her for it! She didn't see that when I was at the till.
    I had used the scan yourself thingy's & she didn't bother getting up off her seat to look in the trolley at all :rolleyes:
    I handed her the receipt & told her that it was the very first item. No apology, she just took the tag off & handed it back to me.

Needless to say I will be avoiding her till in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

delly wrote: »
    Cheeky feckers, we go each week and just got our valueclub vouchers which was about €18, no extra vouchers off. I'll go to Tesco now, rabble rabble! (I won't really, sure isn't the Dunnes local, but I have to keep face with my disgust, sure wait until I get on the Facebook and complain!)

They sent me a voucher for 1 euro. It cost them more than that to print it and mail it to me. No sign of any money off per spend vouchers. I rarely go there and if that's how they want to play it, I'll not be returning anytime soon either.

Tesco on the other hand sent me five 16 euro off 90 spend vouchers. Not as good as on here but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bargain hunt

Synode wrote: »
    OH tried to use it in Rathfarnham this evening and they said no. Till attendant called over manager and after a bit of discussion they gave her a voucher from one of the papers. She was morto :pac:

Same thing happened to me.

There was a very high pitched Asian lady on the checkout who repeatedly said/shouted "I cant take this, you print this, you could print 100's of them!"
    I said it was from the indo & how else was I to hand in the voucher? I offered to show a pdf of the voucher.
    A manager then came over with one of the paper vouchers, No problem at all, just scanned it & made no big deal of it.
    The checkout girl, she made a show & a dance of it tho! Did I understand that I cant print vouchers & she could do this one time only!!??

To make it even worse, when I was leaving the shop the dressing gown I had bought beeped going out the door.
    I went back to the till to get the tag removed & she shreaked to me that I didn't pay her for it! She didn't see that when I was at the till.
    I had used the scan yourself thingy's & she didn't bother getting up off her seat to look in the trolley at all :rolleyes:
    I handed her the receipt & told her that it was the very first item. No apology, she just took the tag off & handed it back to me.

Needless to say I will be avoiding her till in future.
    She needs to be reported for that behaviour. She needs to be reprimanded in store by her manager and possibly taken away from customer facing jobs.

She needs to be reported for that behaviour. She needs to be reprimanded in store by her manager and possibly taken away from customer facing jobs.

I honestly think it was just her mannerism, I'd say if she was called out on it she wouldn't see what the issue was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I honestly think it was just her mannerism, I'd say if she was called out on it she wouldn't see what the issue was.

I think every shop has somebody on a power trip. They generally think they run the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭zell12

coupon says No Copies accepted!

TOV8A55.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Thanks OP. Printed off voucher and it scanned no problems at all.

zell12 wrote: »
    coupon says No Copies accepted!

TOV8A55.jpg?1

Are you working on the checkout in tesco! :pac:

Yes I know, I did read the fine print...
    Previous posters had posted that they had no problem with the printed voucher, I was posting that I had an issue using it.
    My post may have turned into a rant but the point of it was to let people know they may also have an issue using it - Spare them the embarrassment at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tesco has I'm sure of it done quite well out of this.

I bought 4 of the €1.90 papers and saved a nice bit with the added offers already on.

Got me a new Christmas tree, lights and nice decorations oh and very important another slab of beer as 2 I think wasn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Sounds like a jobsworth!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

€10 off voucher in Today's independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

What is it dated? (I have a few dated 9th now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was in grabbing 4 slabs of €20 beer and few household weekly shop bits when a nice Tesco employee came to the till with a €10 off voucher, I was gonna use the one on here but I didn’t need too.

Not only that, I asked her for a second one and she gave it to me and meant I spent just over €100 and paid €80.

Mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Anyone know the date on today’s voucher

• Advertisement

Sorry another quick question , my sister was send voucher 12 off spend 60 , can I use them online if her name is on them. Thanks

noble00 wrote: »
    Sorry another quick question , my sister was send voucher 12 off spend 60 , can I use them online if her name is on them. Thanks

If you have a code for online discount, on the voucher, you can use it.

The same kind of vouchers sent lately to me doesn't have codes for online use, so I can't use them online. In your case, it could be the same.

Thank you

Tesco blowing the competition away so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

mac.in wrote: »

And in the Mirror (€10 off €45)

fdevine wrote: »
    And in the Mirror (€10 off €45)

Yeah! It's the same coupon in both the Mirror and the Independent. Valid till 16/12/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Anyone know if they are giving away vouchers in store as well?

Voucher

u3stSQy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

mac.in wrote: »

Thanks. Will get a copy later even though I don't really buy physical copy newspapers anymore. End up doing most of my main shopping in Tesco (out of convenience mainly) so €10 off a shop is really handy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

muckety wrote: »
    Anyone know if they are giving away vouchers in store as well?

They're copying Dunnes now and giving money off vouchers with the receipts, got a €10 off €45 voucher today after doing a shop there. I've vouchers for Dunnes and Tesco's coming out my ears.

Advertisement