Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

I got my bottle of Red Breast from Amazon via PM last Friday, no issues whatsoever.

And I received my bottles yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sounds good. Hopefully they are so busy these days that they aren't checking things too much.

Will update here as to how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

ive a bottle of dom perignon coming through, says in transit on PM for a couple of days, hoping it gets through. Was nearly half price compared to hear. Lovely treat for the wife for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

xpletiv wrote: »
    ive a bottle of dom perignon coming through, says in transit on PM for a couple of days, hoping it gets through. Was nearly half price compared to hear. Lovely treat for the wife for xmas.

May I ask how much did you paid?

Bought a bottle for £115 and thought that was a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know when the Tesco 20 euro slabs offer ends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Tesco 20 euro slabs offer ends?

the yellow labels in my tesco said today, i.e. should still be on today.

On the tesco website it says 20 and does not declare it as being an offer, so has no end date.

They were selling very poorly in my place so it would not surprise me if it gets extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Greg81 wrote: »
    May I ask how much did you paid?

Bought a bottle for £115 and thought that was a great deal.

£99, it was on a lightning deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Writers Tears Whiskey with 2 glasses reduced from €45 to €35 in Tesco

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll be grabbing that, fantastic whiskey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Anyone seen any good deals on boxs of corona?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Not to hijack the post but as last one was about whiskey has anyone any idea where I could get a bottle of Proper 12 the Conor McGregor one?
    Seems to be long gone from most Tesco stores

• Registered Users Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

gelsthe wrote: »
    Not to hijack the post but as last one was about whiskey has anyone any idea where I could get a bottle of Proper 12 the Conor McGregor one?

It’s sold out everywhere apparently and empty bottles are going for €80 on eBay

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Molloys in dublin saying that they're getting it in shortly.

One whiskey reviewer said it tastes like cheap whiskey with some vanilla extract added

OmegaGene wrote:
    It’s sold out everywhere apparently and empty bottles are going for €80 on eBay

Omg really? Had no idea just thought it would be a nice gift for a whiskey lover..
    Appreciate the replies..

mfceiling wrote:
    Molloys in dublin saying that they're getting it in shortly.

Great I'll try there. Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Went to get drinks in Dunnes and all the wines were more expensive than normal the Guinness was 28 a slab but 2 for 40.
    Carlsberg 23 and Henieken 25. 2 Jameson for 40. I think you can mix and match the Guinness and Jameson.

Don’t mix it in the glass anyway

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Don’t mix it in the glass anyway

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ablelocks wrote: »
    Writers Tears Whiskey with 2 glasses reduced from €45 to €35 in Tesco

FFS that’s a whiskey I’ve wanted to buy for a a while but I’ve bought loads of whiskey for Xmas already.

These sales have been mental over the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

gelsthe wrote:
    Not to hijack the post but as last one was about whiskey has anyone any idea where I could get a bottle of Proper 12 the Conor McGregor one? Seems to be long gone from most Tesco stores

It tastes like cheap piss anyways. Just buy a bottle of cheap tesco whiskey and it will taste better then proper 12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Omg really? Had no idea just thought it would be a nice gift for a whiskey lover..
    Appreciate the replies..

If it's a present for a whiskey lover, your €35 would be better spent and more appreciated if you get what ablelocks posted above(Writers Tears & glass set).
    Giving him that proper 12 will only show him/her you don't know about whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Invincible wrote: »
    If it's a present for a whiskey lover, your €35 would be better spent and more appreciated if you get what ablelocks posted above(Writers Tears & glass set).
    Giving him that proper 12 will only show him/her you don't know about whiskey.

Purchased two sets for 55 (after using 15 off 70 voucher) Delighted as I know two people that will be delighted with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Purchased two sets for 55 (after using 15 off 70 voucher) Delighted as I know two people that will be delighted with this.

They'll savour it, it's a great whiskey, got if from Obrienswines last Christmas for €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Are any of the Baileys knock offs in the budget supermarkets any use? And if not, what's the best price one might find on a bottle of the real deal?

Are any of the Baileys knock offs in the budget supermarkets any use? And if not, what's the best price one might find on a bottle of the real deal?

Lidl do a nice enough Cream Liqueur not the chocolate one but the one for 6.99 or thereabouts. It's ok with coffee anyway.
    Baileys is 13 in Dunnes at the moment, it was a tenner for a few days there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Tesco have it for €10 atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Here they go
    6Y1PRA9.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement