Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 7 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And that's not the first time you've said that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Danny Trevathan's play has fallen off a cliff this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

And that's not the first time you've said that :)

I know, I know! I'm addled. Is it this nerve wracking following other teams?

Oat23 wrote: »
    Danny Trevathan's play has fallen off a cliff this season.

And his contract is a complete albatross as well

Leonard Floyd never did anything remotely that cool when he was in Chicago. Another Mike Davis.

Now I didn't say another Olsen. Because let's not go nuts.

• Advertisement

I know, I know! I'm addled. Is it this nerve wracking following other teams?

Maybe for the Seahawks.

Sometimes the predictable mediocrity at Mile High is easier to handle.

---

Why didn't Gipson try to catch that?

Why didn't Nagy blow that TO?

I'm tempted to call.it a night. But we all remember the last time the Bears looked listless against the Buccs...

I have a similar issue watching hurling matches in the states because it's usually about 30 seconds behind home, but you'd be chatting on whatsapp to people about the match and they'd keep posting reactions to things before you see it. So I had to knock that on the head altogether.

Tonight's game will be good but only if you like defensive football (which I do, very much). I think the Rams will win because Aaron Donald will be going up against some very dodgy backup olinemen, while our D line, which is amazing, will be playing one of the most improved O lines in the league. I think they can rattle Goff alright, but not to the extent they would need to. Our run game is awful the last few weeks as well, while I expect the Rams to get some return on running the ball (not much mind you, but enough to keep us honest)

I hope I'm wrong but I think with the added pressure and reduced time for Foles, he'll make more mistakes than Goff, and we'll lose in a relatively low scoring encounter.

So far this is playing out as you'd have expected (well, as I expected anyway). I think there's an interception or two in goff though, hopefully we can get one early now in the second half, put a little doubt in his mind. But I haven't seen anything to think the offense will do much. Foles can always catch fire but montgomery has continued to disappoint and it's not all the oline's fault.

Maybe for the Seahawks.

Sometimes the predictable mediocrity at Mile High is easier to handle.

---

Why didn't Gipson try to catch that?

Why didn't Nagy blow that TO?

I'm tempted to call.it a night. But we all remember the last time the Bears looked listless against the Buccs...
    Gipson looked like he wasn't certain where the receiver was maybe? I dunno. Missed opportunity.

Nagy probably had some clever bs reason not to call the timeout, I'm sure he'll have a great explanation in the presser afterwards. Should say though, he has to get credit for his things are going in general but his playcalling and general game management are dodgy.

The refs are blind until a lineman gets near a QB and then they have 20/20 vision.

Hicks is almost put in a headlock and no flag is thrown until he powers through and tackles the QB :rolleyes:

If you're starting in your own end zone I don't think you should start by handing the ball twice to a guy with about two yards a carry. But that's none of my business.

• Advertisement

Another non contact knee injury. Probably ACL again.

Edit: Apparently he's ready to come back in. What a weird injury. Looked bad.

Did akiem hicks reverse over this ref's dog or something?

That's me done.

Enjoy the rest of your evening lads.

Jesus Christ! They had plenty of space to get a first down again rather than going all in. A great drive down the jacks.

Hate that we're back to where we were most of the Lovie Smith era. Not good enough to be any sort of serious threat but too good to have a decent draft pick. We'll end up somewhere around pick 20 and waste another amazing defense.

Right that's that. Shocking soft touchdown, we're starting to look like the team everyone has been saying we are all season. I don't like to seesaw based on week to week results but we're demonstrating that, against a competent defense, the bears can't score. The defense can't call you out every week, eventually it catches up on you.

What a stupid f*cking playcall when you have struggled to block on outside runs all season.

The line is obviously poor, but Mitch being gone is seriously exposing Nagy. Everyone defended his playcalls by saying it was down to Mitch limiting him when the reality is he's just a terrible playcaller.

ANOTHER ****ty playcall, Nagy is fcuking useless at this. Against a team that gets behind the line of scrimmage faster than nearly any team in the league, you're on fourth and you run a play that basically invites them into the backfield and leaves you with five yards of running to do before you even get back to the line. Just pass it to Jimmy graham, ffs!

Defense saving our awful HC's blushes again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Two poor RZ trips or Chicago could be within a score at the least. The game feels closer than the scoreline

• Advertisement

Defense outscoring the offense is proper Bears football.

Am I missing something? If the refs think that helmet shot caused a concussion, how is it also not a helmet to helmet penalty?

Oh lovely an interception to kill the game.

Looking at the replay there, mooney runs into open space and foles throws it to graham in triple coverage.

Why do they still have an obviously injured mack in now? Game is done, get ready for next week, it's not going to be any easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Oat23 wrote: »
    Foles isn't perfect but his turnovers are limited, he's excellent at reading a defense and fairly accurate. I guess this is why I'm not an NFL GM. :pac:

This hasn't aged well. It was a curious statement event before this game, when you consider he's thrown an interception in every game this season, including 2 more tonight.

Personally, I think they're both rubbish at this stage.

This hasn't aged well. It was a curious statement event before this game, when you consider he's thrown an interception in every game this season, including 2 more tonight.

Personally, I think they're both rubbish at this stage.

2 of the 4 INTs he's thrown before tonight weren't even his fault. Allen Robinson was responsible for two of them. Another one was really 50/50 and hit the receiver in the hands before being picked.

Tonight was bad all round. He's got an oline with more holes than Swiss cheese and had less than 2 seconds to throw the ball, a little worse than the 2.4 (league worst) he has has so far this season. He forced it trying to make something happen and get the team back in the game. Didn't work.

There's no way Cam would have managed to do what Foles has managed to in previous games playing behind a line that gives him no time. Cam would be no better than Mitch in this offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,646 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Beats were awful and I don't rate the Rams. Up to this point they'd beaten the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Washington and list to the two
    half decent teams they met in the Bills and 49ers.
    Beats are in awful trouble at QB, paying decent money to two hopeless cases.

Oat23 wrote:
    There's no way Cam would have managed to do what Foles has managed to in previous games playing behind a line that gives him no time.
    Cam is awful too.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Cam is awful too.

I know. I've seen him play the past 2 games :D

My point is that in this offense Nick Foles is an infinitely better option than Cam simply because he's much faster at working through his progressions and getting the ball out.

Neither are great QBs.

Oat23 wrote:
    I know. I've seen him play the past 2 games

My point is that in this offense Nick Foles is an infinitely better option than Cam simply because he's much faster at working through his progressions and getting the ball out.

Neither are great QBs.
    Foles can't run though.
    I'd have benched Foles last night and brought in Trubisky. At least the threat of him running would buy him some time in the pocket. Rams knew Foles wasn't leaving the pocket last night.
    As bad as Trubisky is I really think he's a better option in that offense than Foles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    58-33

Giants @ Eagles
    Packers @ Texans
    Cowboys @ Washington
    Panthers @ Saints
    Lions @ Falcons
    Browns @ Bengals
    Bills @ Jets
    Steelers @ Titans