Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 7 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He missed! Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just have this feeling that Metcalf is going to make the catch that wins it for Seattle.
    He's done very little in offense all game, that defensive play is the play if the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No sacks in the game all night and the Cardinals get two on that drive, couple of huge plays to stuff Wilson.

Where were those plays when VJ was our head coach?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just have this feeling that Metcalf is going to make the catch that wins it for Seattle.
    He's done very little in offense all game, that defensive play is the play if the week.

Great shout...but it's called back :eek: :pac:

Russ picked, this game.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    Great shout...but it's called back
    It's an absolutely crazy game. A tie is the fair result I think.

It's an absolutely crazy game. A tie is the fair result I think.

I didn't see this happening when the Seahawks went ten points up, it's been brilliant.

Xavi6 wrote:
    I didn't see this happening when the Seahawks went ten points up, it's been brilliant.

They were 13 up at one stage, 20-7.

What was Murray at there?

That was great sports.

• Advertisement

Everyone should watch that game.

What an advert for the NFL.

What is with Seattle and classics? Their D would put years on you. I'm so glad I'm a broncos fan sometimes, when you watch that!

I also want to see Kyler Murray throw to Philip Lindsay or Boston Scott someday. :)

What was Murray at there?

Which?

Yeah, great viewing. I'm still wondering what was in Kyler's head throwing that ball to the end zone with them in field goal range and risking a pick.

Yeah, great viewing. I'm still wondering what was in Kyler's head throwing that ball to the end zone with them in field goal range and risking a pick.

Ah. Is there a chance that he thought that Seattle get another possession after the FG?

Or more likely, didn't trust Gonzalez from that distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kev8360 wrote: »
    In fairness to Cam he has not much to throw to - Edelman is clearly not 100% and with Harry out there is not much in the way of quality at WR/TE.

True, but his accuracy and decision making has been shocking as well. It's not solely a poor supporting cast which is the cause of his bad play. He looks lost and slow (both physically and mentally) at times.

Foles isn't perfect but his turnovers are limited, he's excellent at reading a defense and fairly accurate. I guess this is why I'm not an NFL GM. :pac:

Watching game in 40 at the minute and that Metcalf play to stop the pick 6 should be shown to every offense during film review this week.

He never quit and he saved his team 7 points in the end. Love that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I had the SNF result spoiled this morning but that game was still amazing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

OBJ has a torn ACL so that’s his season done. A shame as the browns and OBJ seemed to be clicking like they had hoped when he was signed.

Yeah, just starting to look great again. The amount of injuries this season is crazy.
    All those ota's and training camp seem way more important, from a fitness perspective, than I thought. I always knew the bigger guys needed them but not the lighter faster guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I've had so many SNF/MNF games spoiled this season mostly through my own fault and thankfully I've avoided the result of Cards/Seahawks and just watched the full replay now, game of the season so far so entertaining

• Advertisement

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I've had so many SNF/MNF games spoiled this season mostly through my own fault and thankfully I've avoided the result of Cards/Seahawks and just watched the full replay now, game of the season so far so entertaining

I thought I had cut out all possible ways for a game to be spoiled, but I was undone by a recent reinstall of the Athletic app. It reactivated push notifications for articles and of course when I woke up at 6 this morning and check the lock screen on my phone there's an article right there telling me what happens. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That Dk metcalf run down was unreal live and is unreal when I’ve seen clips of it today. The guy he tackled not only had a running start on him but they showed where DK metcalf was and he was near the goal line and he starts running and then hits the afterburners and it’s over.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I thought I had cut out all possible ways for a game to be spoiled, but I was undone by a recent reinstall of the Athletic app. It reactivated push notifications for articles and of course when I woke up at 6 this morning and check the lock screen on my phone there's an article right there telling me what happens. :rolleyes:

The Score App in Canada was always slightly ahead of my NHL app on the TV so for so long I'd feel that vibrate just as a defenseman was racing across the blue line and inevitably scoring. I've turned off all notifications for all apps since. That being said, my current Covid influenced timetable has allowed me to watch a load live games, so I'm managing :)

We have a "no talk about the SNF or Monday night games" until the following day at 2pm in our NFL WhatsApp group, to enable anyone to watch and catch up.

Tonight seems like it'll be an entertaining one anyway. So probably worth the late night.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That Dk metcalf run down was unreal live and is unreal when I’ve seen clips of it today. The guy he tackled not only had a running start on him but they showed where DK metcalf was and he was near the goal line and he starts running and then hits the afterburners and it’s over.

NBC showed a graphic of the run down with the speed of DK and the yardage. He very briefly tops 22mph. Mostly at 20/21 for the run.

22mph... For 90 yards... As a human. Insane.

Tonight seems like it'll be an entertaining one anyway. So probably worth the late night.

I'm expecting it to be similar to recent Bears/Rams meetings so it should be a classic 10-6 or 13-9 game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The Score App in Canada was always slightly ahead of my NHL app on the TV so for so long I'd feel that vibrate just as a defenseman was racing across the blue line and inevitably scoring.

I have a similar issue watching hurling matches in the states because it's usually about 30 seconds behind home, but you'd be chatting on whatsapp to people about the match and they'd keep posting reactions to things before you see it. So I had to knock that on the head altogether.

Tonight's game will be good but only if you like defensive football (which I do, very much). I think the Rams will win because Aaron Donald will be going up against some very dodgy backup olinemen, while our D line, which is amazing, will be playing one of the most improved O lines in the league. I think they can rattle Goff alright, but not to the extent they would need to. Our run game is awful the last few weeks as well, while I expect the Rams to get some return on running the ball (not much mind you, but enough to keep us honest)

I hope I'm wrong but I think with the added pressure and reduced time for Foles, he'll make more mistakes than Goff, and we'll lose in a relatively low scoring encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭cosatron

I'm expecting it to be similar to recent Bears/Rams meetings so it should be a classic 10-6 or 13-9 game :pac:

Bears win tonight and they are the no 1 seed in the nfc. Hard to believe after the lions game

Like RDS I have a hankering of tough fought Defensive ball. And it's a Bears game, so bloody well anything could happen.

"Sean mcvey says it's eerily quiet in the new stadium". Business as usual for the Rams so.

• Advertisement

Does Nagy know he doesn't have to run it on first every time?

Advertisement