21-06-2013, 10:54   #1
songbot

European Ban on E-Cigs?

Hi,

I don't normally post that much on forums but i have been reading a little bit about the proposed ban on e-cigs and its enough to get me worried. I read today that France has proposed a blanket ban on them and Italy is about to follow suit.
I have only been vaping for 5 months, I use the VIP cigarette like ones and I haven't smoked since i started using them. I smoked for 23 years before this. they have quite literally changed my life. But I know if they ban them that i will go back to smoking again. I don't want to, but i know myself well enough to know that i have a habit and it will continue on being a habit.
I was wondering if maybe we should set up some kind of petition like they have done in england to tell our stories to our government? I know they are useless but if we do nothing at all then we will just be accepting this and not having our voices heard.
I am not hugely knowledgeable about politicians and how to get the petition to them but am willing to set it up if someone can just give me a little help on where to direct it - Our opinions need to be heard not just by our own government, but by the European Commission too.

this is the english site: www.fightthevapingban.com

thanks, I hope we can do something to help in the fight against the ban!
Advertisement
03-08-2013, 12:18   #2
steam123

Yes, This is problem that government start ban on E Cigarette. This is not for help people but help their fund. If they allow E Cigarette then their income on real Cigarette goes down.
03-08-2013, 13:35   #3
Karl_c

December. It's pencilled in for December.
03-08-2013, 13:42   #4
lensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_c View Post
December. It's pencilled in for December.
have a look at my post just below this thread, e liquid in Irish customs, what do you think ?
03-08-2013, 14:58   #5
Karl_c

Tough ****.
Advertisement
06-08-2013, 11:59   #6
Xantia

They are looking at it now I think

Link Here
06-08-2013, 14:10   #7
Karl_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantia View Post
They are looking at it now I think

Link Here
That's interesting.
08-08-2013, 00:02   #8
Going Forward
Banned

Just to give an example of what "we" as vapers in Ireland are up against, have a look at this example of the conclusions of a US report, supposedly written by medically qualified academics:

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=18332

It was posted a couple of years ago alright, but for those of us adults who vape it raises very very few valid points.

Nothing but a pure example of paper never refusing ink; most of the points raised in it could be applied to other consumer chemicals such as moisturising creams etc. or buying anything over the net.
08-08-2013, 00:21   #9
Going Forward
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbot View Post
Hi,

I don't normally post that much on forums but i have been reading a little bit about the proposed ban on e-cigs and its enough to get me worried. I read today that France has proposed a blanket ban on them and Italy is about to follow suit.
I have only been vaping for 5 months, I use the VIP cigarette like ones and I haven't smoked since i started using them. I smoked for 23 years before this. they have quite literally changed my life. But I know if they ban them that i will go back to smoking again. I don't want to, but i know myself well enough to know that i have a habit and it will continue on being a habit.
I was wondering if maybe we should set up some kind of petition like they have done in england to tell our stories to our government? I know they are useless but if we do nothing at all then we will just be accepting this and not having our voices heard.
I am not hugely knowledgeable about politicians and how to get the petition to them but am willing to set it up if someone can just give me a little help on where to direct it - Our opinions need to be heard not just by our own government, but by the European Commission too.

this is the english site: www.fightthevapingban.com

thanks, I hope we can do something to help in the fight against the ban!
A simple, polite, short letter emailed to your local TD (or all TDs) and your local MEP outlining the issues whilst politely requesting a reply should suffice.

Remember, they will be quite thick in the main, and also tend to give bland responses, so you could direct them to this quite intelligent unbiased presentation from ASH.org.uk, a vehement anti tobacco charity, to assist them "informing" themselves without the usual hysteria.

http://ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_715.pdf

And FFS, dont call it "vaping", its way too cool and it'll make em think we're smoking pot.

IMO there is a feeling amongst vapers that, what with austerity, the recession etc. that something as trite or "low down the list" as vaping, we shouldnt be bothering politicians etc., but unless we do they are just going to ban them.

BTW, if anyone is wavering about going back on fags and Big Tobacco, read this:
http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_599.pdf

Last edited by Going Forward; 08-08-2013 at 00:47.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-08-2013, 00:24   #10
Cavehill Red

It will be important to keep a record of how politicians respond to queries and how they vote on this matter at national and EU levels.
Those who vote for a ban should then be publicised as such, and vilified for wholeheartedly promoting the agenda of big tobacco.
(3) thanks from:
08-08-2013, 00:32   #11
grindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Forward View Post
And FFS, dont call it "vaping", its way too cool and it'll make em think we're smoking pot.
What should we call it?
08-08-2013, 08:58   #12
Going Forward
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindle View Post
What should we call it?
Don't know, if you could patent a new phrase you'd make a mint!

Esmoking? Smoke free inhaling?

Ideally it would be something that doesn't mention smoke, nicotine or cigarettes.

Lile vaping!!!!!!!!
08-08-2013, 10:21   #13
richardw001

Something that people might find interesting

German Cancer Research Centre:

http://www.dkfz.de/en/presse/downloa...arettes-EN.pdf

Not sure if its research is completely unbiased - it seems to be affiliated with Pharma companies. However I guess most if all drug research is.

The leap to deciding that they should be regulated seems to be based on a very small sample of data.

I imagine though its papers such as the one above that are what drives the EU.
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2013, 00:15   #14
Karl_c

http://blog.casaa.org/2013/08/new-st...l?spref=fb&m=1
(2) thanks from:
11-08-2013, 17:58   #15
rock whore

I'm with Going Forward on this one. Having seen some articles featuring ominous quotes from Reilly and his Chief Whip, I emailed them both outlining my concerns and telling them my Vaping story.

i did call it Vaping though

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion