02-05-2015, 17:05   #241
CourierCollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubba View Post
The threads went in my iStick 20w after about 3 months of use. I thought it was ready for the bin, but watched this video where he suggests using a piece of cardboard as a temporary fix and it work really well.

I'm hoping I can use the iStick Bending Adapter, as a permanent solution. Anyone else had their threads go and fix it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mysterio View Post
I can confirm the bending adapter does not work as a fix for fecked threads.

Interesting with the duct tape. I had used a piece of kanthal as a temp solution but it wore down my threads a bit more even.
I suddenly had problems with the threading on my istick, after 4 months usage. Got that bending adapter during the week, and it's now working perfectly.
Advertisement
02-05-2015, 19:03   #242
Glebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierCollie View Post
I suddenly had problems with the threading on my istick, after 4 months usage. Got that bending adapter during the week, and it's now working perfectly.

Mine is acting up as well, plumbers tape not working well and I find the card board trick works best to secure in a beauty ring and the swap out the tank when needed. Was going to pick up a bending adapotor but does that need to screw in as well or click in??? If its screw in it probally wont work..
02-05-2015, 19:17   #243
J Mysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
Mine is acting up as well, plumbers tape not working well and I find the card board trick works best to secure in a beauty ring and the swap out the tank when needed. Was going to pick up a bending adapotor but does that need to screw in as well or click in??? If its screw in it probally wont work..
It needs to screw in, so didnt work for me. Once your threads are gone, they're gone.
Thanks from:
05-10-2015, 14:30   #244
youngblood

Previous poster just confirmed my suspicions,
Obviously nothing can be done with eleaf once threads are gone

Needed a new battery, got the bridge thing this time
FIngers crossed
05-10-2015, 19:30   #245

Anyone ever drop the original istick in water? I dropped it in a hot tub a few months ago and it's been dead ever since. Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Probably not.
Advertisement
05-10-2015, 20:27   #246
youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
Would sugru work?
The end would be permanently attached though and would involve a lot of upside down screwing (dirty I know)
06-10-2015, 09:05   #247
youdipstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeCreep View Post
Anyone ever drop the original istick in water? I dropped it in a hot tub a few months ago and it's been dead ever since. Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Probably not.
the next one you get,teach it to swim

Sorry for laughing but that statement was so funny...LOL
Thanks from:
06-10-2015, 12:27   #248
Didihno

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Would sugru work?
The end would be permanently attached though and would involve a lot of upside down screwing (dirty I know)
I was thinking that you could in theory solder the supplied adapter into the iStick threaded socket leaving an admittedly ugly (for recessed devices) but permanent connection.
Otherwise its a bigger job but total replacement of the 510 with a fat daddy low profile 510 could work, but for you'd want to be a competent solderer and be able to use some toher basic tools (threading tap).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion